Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Colonial Dreams by Anjubee!

AnjubeeAnjubee Posts: 1,935 Member
Hi everyone!

I haven't been around for awhile, but I got the building bug again and have been working on this last build for the last month or so!

It is a 4 bedroom 3 and a half bath colonial style exterior. Inside, I decided not to go completely traditional and used many transitional elements to give it a more contemporary look. This spacious house also features a large eat-in kitchen, formal dining room, piano parlor, great room, laundry room, powder room, main floor master suite, a family/play room, and a fully landscaped yard with a hot tub, garden, and gazebo.

This house was built on 56 Brommer Drive in Bridgeport, but can sit on any 40×30 lot. Per usual, I did not use any CC objects except for maybe 1 CC pattern that I use frequently. There are one or 2 store items, but that is it. The rest is all from the base game and expansion packs. Fully furnished, the lot costs around 190k simoleans.

Link to lot: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4040179

covershot.png

colonialdreams_02.jpg

colonialdreams_04.jpg

colonialdreams_07.jpg

colonialdreams_05.jpg

colonialdreams_08.jpg

colonialdreams_09.jpg

colonialdreams_12.jpg

colonialdreams_11.jpg

colonialdreams_15.jpg

colonialdreams_22.jpg

More screenshots, including fun with my tester family, and floorplan shots can be found on my blog: http://simulatinganju.wordpress.com/2011/04/28/colonial-dreams/

Happy simming, folks! <3

Comments

• Options
    DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    edited April 2011
    Very nice. I really like the floorplan. I had to :lol: at the picture with the woman in the bikini at the wedding.
  • Options
    sjsimmy02sjsimmy02 Posts: 190 Member
    edited April 2011
    So lovely, Anjubee. Would you mind if I use it in my new world. It's just the kind of house I am looking for?
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    sjsimmy02: Feel free to use any of my lots. It's why I share! As long as it says in the lot description that it was built by me, it's all good! :)

DarkMirage: Thanks. :) I laughed a bit at that too. It's supposed to be formal attire, lady!
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited April 2011
    Hi there Anju, :D great to see you building again! Must say I missed your fantastic builds in the exchange. This one looks absolutely gorgeous! The architecture is so grand. Love that gazebo! Great job! Left a well deserved recommendation! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    imogerimoger Posts: 5,790 Member
    edited April 2011
    Beautiful house, and the garden is also pretty with that pavilon :)
    Recommended :)
  • Options
    svlynsvlyn Posts: 4,409 Member
    edited April 2011
    Excellent build. My favorite room is the nursery. I just love it. Recd :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    EMPRESSPAMELAEMPRESSPAMELA Posts: 10,108 Member
    edited April 2011
    very nice build, rec'd :D
    oow785m
  • Options
    KittycattylionKittycattylion Posts: 3,934 Member
    edited April 2011
    really, really pretty! :D
    a.k.a. Pixelpuppetry
  • Options
    scorpiophoenixscorpiophoenix Posts: 2,289 Member
    edited April 2011
    Beautiful build Anjubee! Off to rec, fav, and download. This is simply beautiful. :D Nice to see you back in the building game, too! :D
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    scorpiophoenix: Thank you so much! You are always so supportive. Cheers!

Kittycattylion: Thanks! :)

EMPRESSPAMELA: Your rec is much appreciated!

svlyn: Thank you. I really enjoyed decorating the nursery. :)

imoger: Thanks! I didn't have much room in the backyard to work with, but I thought it turned out ok. :)

yanti: Hi!!! So nice to see old names around the forums. As usual, your support is always very appreciated. <3

• Options
    KOman123KOman123 Posts: 1,065 Member
    edited April 2011
    anjubee-> as always, I absolutley adore this house, it has kinda of a south carolina feel to it, without too much classicality about it! LEft a well deserved rec! Keep on building like that!
  • Options
    OrathiOrathi Posts: 717 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Believe me, this will be featured any minuet now xD this is amazing! great decor! a big rec' from me :)
  • Options
    socalkdlsocalkdl Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited April 2011
    Anjubee, wonderful home. Very tastefully decorated. I too liked the nursery alot. Your use of light colors throughout is nice. I see your tester family tested out the baby-making qualities of that one bedroom, lol. I like your blend of traditional and contemporary furnishings. Rec'd and welcome back!
    Kirk
    5333973613_ed4ac33a1d_z.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    socalkdl: Kirk! So good to see your name. Hope you are doing well. Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback! And, yes, it is fully tested, folks. You can definitely make babies in that house! :lol:

Orathi: I never hope for a feature, so it's always a nice surprise if I get one. Besides, I get more joy out of seeing people's comments and actually enjoying my builds in their games! Thank you so much for the rec. :)

KOman123: Hi there! Those are some lovely houses in your signature. I'm going to have to take a peek at your studio and leave some recs. Thank you so much for the rec and compliments!
  • Options
    MinraedMinraed Posts: 1,159 Member
    edited May 2011
    As a CC addict I am always impressed with how much you always seem to accomplish without it. Gorgeous as always, and great to see you are still around and building. I've been out of the creative corner loop for a while.
    [img][/img] Visit Simaginarium
  • Options
    kimwriter75kimwriter75 Posts: 1,837 Member
    edited May 2011
    Anju! I am always so happy when I see another gorgeous Juju lot! This is absolutely stunning and I love everything about it! I really hope to see more from you sooner rather than later! Rec'd.
    Imagination > Knowledge
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    kimmy: Thanks, babe! <3

minny: These forums have definitely slowed a bunch. I think it's a combination of how these forums often act up and there being so many other community outlets elsewhere. And yea, I try my hardest not to become a CC addict. I'm always so afraid it'll mess up my game! Thank you so much for stopping in and commenting! <3
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    colonialdreams_16.jpg

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    fidlertenfidlerten Posts: 7,615 Member
    edited May 2011
    Great work Anjubee!

Glad to see you back building. A rec from me.

fidlerten
    Signature%2005-29-17_zpsti5fd2z4.png
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited May 2011
    Hi Anjubee
    Love the colour pallette of this build both inside and out. :D A great layout for our sim's. :thumbup:
    A rec for sure Folly.
  • Options
    petalbotpetalbot Posts: 1,423 Member
    edited May 2011
    Wow, your colonial build is lovely! I'm a big fan of your work and it's great to see a new build from you. Left a well deserved rec. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    sigg.gif

• Options
    edited May 2011
    petalbot: Aww, thanks! You are too sweet! <3

follyfoot: Hi there, Folly! Hope all is well on your end. Thanks for stopping in with your compliments!

fidlerten: FIDDIE! Glad to be building again! <3
  • Options
    ElderGamer1ElderGamer1 Posts: 132 Member
    edited May 2011
    Welcome Back! I have not been around myself! But I could not miss out on your new home. I loved the pictures also from your Site. You have such excellent taste in design! Thanks so much for sharing!
  • Options
    AlliumAllium Posts: 1,874 New Member
    edited May 2011
    WOOT Juju is back in da house! Beautiful new build that oozes style. Absolutely rec'd!

Congrats on the fetaure too!
    5a636bc21e4603f0176ce505031c60d1641813d9.gif5a636bc21e4603f0176ce505031c60d1641813d9.gif5a636bc21e4603f0176ce505031c60d1641813d9.gif
  • Options
    DeathNoteSimDeathNoteSim Posts: 4,544 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Beyond amazing! The colors scheme is perfect! Rec'd, downloaded and favorited :thumbup:
    Am excited to see your next lot :)