March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rod Humble leaves the sims franchise

SebastianwlSebastianwl Posts: 57 New Member
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• SR_in_SimmerlandSR_in_Simmerland Posts: 4,083 New Member
    edited December 2010
    I vote that I take his former position, or else promote Grant Rodiek or Jo Anna Lio (sims 3 people)
  • jps0228jps0228 Posts: 9,026 Member
    edited December 2010
    I vote that I take his former position, or else promote Grant Rodiek or Jo Anna Lio (sims 3 people)

Jo Anna ftw
  • MissChatterboxMissChatterbox Posts: 4,277 New Member
    edited December 2010
    I vote Jo Anna she was the best in the Sims 2! :)
  • FlashfighterFlashfighter Posts: 905
    edited December 2010
    Second Life? Unless if that place has gone through some major traffic influx, that place was a ghost town last time I played it.
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited December 2010
    Ooo, Merry Christmas to me! (happy after hearing the news)

Whomever takes the reins, I hope they allow the sims franchise a bit more creativity, and fun silliness. Let the Sims go back to what made us fall in love with them in the first place.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • MissChatterboxMissChatterbox Posts: 4,277 New Member
    edited December 2010
    EA PLEEEEEEEAAAAASSSSEEEEE employ Will Wright!!!!!!
  • doodlesamdoodlesam Posts: 6,365 New Member
    edited December 2010
    I say good riddance!
    He was the one that wanted to turn the game into 'Simquest'(Everquest), he was the one who introduced all this structured gameplay into the game. As well as the one who disliked supernatural elements being in the game.

Hopefully now, the sim series can get back on track. Here's hoping he gets a decent replacement. I'm personally hoping for Grant to takeover. We need someone who actuelly understands the game, as well as the fans.
  • Baudebino333Baudebino333 Posts: 1,293 New Member
    edited December 2010
    But... who's going to give new residents an awesome computer in the Sims 2 now? :cry: (Hmpf, I always deleted that thing anyway.)
  • PistolkittenPistolkitten Posts: 5,413 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Second Life? Unless if that place has gone through some major traffic influx, that place was a ghost town last time I played it.

They just recently, or might be in the process of (I can't remember which, I don't play just read news posts) merging the teen zones with the mainland. So I would assume there's a lot of work ahead for the team to provide services that are suited to both age groups...as well as making sure underagers don't see stuff they shouldn't, which is about 80% of secondlife rofl!
  • WolfieWolfie Posts: 2,557 New Member
    edited December 2010
    :( Now who's going to leave computers at my sim's doors in Sims 2? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! XD
  • CouriervaughanCouriervaughan Posts: 20,570 Member
    edited December 2010
    Thank you for info
  • SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited December 2010
    Happy Christmas to me! ANYBODY WOULD BE BETTER THAN RON HUMBLE! Now maybe the game will get back on track - less questy-ness and more sand-box play. Hallelujah! The game is saved!
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited December 2010
    Schweighsr wrote:
    Happy Christmas to me! ANYBODY WOULD BE BETTER THAN RON HUMBLE! Now maybe the game will get back on track - less questy-ness and more sand-box play. Hallelujah! The game is saved!

But when he entered they were still making The Sims 2 EP's, and they kept them the way they were before, so don't be so sure that they won't do the same here.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • SimGuy777SimGuy777 Posts: 1,672 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Maybe this is for the best...
  • cocosam966cocosam966 Posts: 190 New Member
    edited December 2010
    So he's the one responsible for less imaginative gameplay? Hmph. At least we got vampires back. Hopefully whoever steps up to take his job will give us things like witches and werewolves again.
  • EverettEverett Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited December 2010
    While I do like and enjoy Everquest, I'm interested to see how this outcome will effect The Sims franchise.
  • ricmckinneyricmckinney Posts: 2,371 New Member
    edited December 2010
    doodlesam wrote:
    I say good riddance!
    He was the one that wanted to turn the game into 'Simquest'(Everquest), he was the one who introduced all this structured gameplay into the game. As well as the one who disliked supernatural elements being in the game.

Hopefully now, the sim series can get back on track. Here's hoping he gets a decent replacement. I'm personally hoping for Grant to takeover. We need someone who actuelly understands the game, as well as the fans.

Yes, I agree. Hopefully it can get back to the way it was and the next expansion pack will be less structured. :mrgreen:
  • cocosam966cocosam966 Posts: 190 New Member
    edited December 2010
    doodlesam wrote:
    I say good riddance!

Yes, I agree. Hopefully it can get back to the way it was and the next expansion pack will be less structured. :mrgreen:
    What is considered structured gameplay? :P
  • ricmckinneyricmckinney Posts: 2,371 New Member
    edited December 2010
    cocosam966 wrote:
    doodlesam wrote:
    I say good riddance!

What is considered structured gameplay? :P

Well, an example would be how World Adventures was set up. You couldn't really progress the game (i.e. stay on longer trips, or even really do anything, really), without doing quests. Sure there were a few new features, but that was it. In past games, they added new gameplay elements, but it was up to the player to choose how to use them, or whether or not to use them at all.
  • ilovesims38ilovesims38 Posts: 1,217 Member
    edited December 2010
    Goodbye, ROD HUMBLE, Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

I thought this music would be fitting for the occasion!
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited December 2010
    they really should promote Grant! and I want to be his "pre-made sims advisor"... :XD:
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited December 2010
    Step up to the plate Mr. Rodiek. :)
    light-blue-baseball-batter-women-s-t-shirts_design.jpg

I doubt Will Wright will want to come back.
    He probably wants to do his own thing in complete freedom.

I don't know what the pecking order is though, and EA could bring or already have someone lined up from the outside or some other EA arm of the company, but Senior Producers for Late Night are Shannon Copur, Lyndsay Pearson. Melanie Pearson and Grant are Lead Producers on the production team.

Whoever takes the Helm, I hope they move forward with all the great new features of TS3 while bringing along the heart and soul that made TS1 and TS2 great.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited December 2010

I've got lots of friends who hang out on SL -- it's all a matter of meeting people and finding out where the cool hangout spots are. It's even been used for virtual "conventions" going on in conjunction with real life events by a group I participate with.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • MysteryJokerMysteryJoker Posts: 1,279 Member
    edited December 2010
    I thought Second Life was just a giant money pit... kind of like trying to find the Knight's Templar treasure.
  • BooHoo2U2BooBooBooHoo2U2BooBoo Posts: 1,335 New Member
    edited December 2010

I didn't know! Thanks for posting. You've just made my day.

:D <<<Doing Happy Dance>>>
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top