Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So, how do you throw a great party?

My Sim had a wish to throw a great party, so I invited people over and made preparations. I bought party activities, a new grill, more tables and a bar, turned on the stereo and let everyone inside.

But after serving food and dancing for a bit, the guests ended up leaving not 3 hours after the party started. It was declared a moderate success, but why'd everyone leave early?

Comments

• PossessionlessPossessionless Posts: 236 New Member
    edited June 2009
    maybe they didn't had enough entertainment?
  • TwilightxPrinceTwilightxPrince Posts: 45 New Member
    edited June 2009
    maybe they didn't had enough entertainment?

They were dancing and there was also a few people playing football, as well as a TV on and a chess table, I think that should've covered all the bases. I wish there was a meter to help us out with this like in the last game.
  • FatCatFatCat Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited June 2009
    Did you 'mingle' with the guests?
    Talk to each a bit, joke, flatter ,do some positive actions, get
    their socials up and maybe a good moodlet.
    I think this helps with the scoring.
    Put dispenser hereanimaatjes-cupcake-13719.gif
  • FallingleafFallingleaf Posts: 36 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I usually count on a bar and music. It's also a good idea to entertain your guests by gossips, jokes and just chatting. Try to make sure that nobody is an outsider.
  • R0b3rto0oR0b3rto0o Posts: 479 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I always have the party animal trait and the great host reward so I always throw amazing parties even when I do nothing.
  • SerynaSeryna Posts: 58 New Member
    edited June 2009

Well after I spend 20 minutes greeting people (wonderful bug, EA), I serve food on the buffet table. It helps if you have enough counters for if the guests bring food. Make sure you have lots of seating facing a television set so they can entertain themselves. Turn music on. Then just move around talking to sims, if you get more than 5 they will be talking to each other as well.
  • SpookeSpooke Posts: 174 Member
    edited June 2009
    A guitar performance always = legendary par-tae
  • SimangoSimango Posts: 427 Member
    edited June 2009
    The parties are so much easier in the sims 3! :shock:

All I have to do is invite them, prepare two tables of party food, they start dancing and then they leave thinking it was a great party.

I hardley have to do anything else.
  • creameggxxcreameggxx Posts: 345 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I haven't tried hosting a party yet, but I hope it's as easy as it sounds!
    I remember in TS2, I always struggled trying to host just an OK party.

Happy simming! :-)
  • TwilightxPrinceTwilightxPrince Posts: 45 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I've done all of the above (minus the guitar solo) and it only turned out "ok". I wonder if increasing the number of guests increases the difficulty, there were at least between 10 and 20 Sims there, it took forever for people to walk through the door.
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    edited June 2009
    I had a level 10 guitarist play and her husband mingle and still the party was a moderate success. The buffet table and bar didn't work, the guests never even went near it.

So for the next party, I had the sim husband make some very nice goopy cabonara for all the guests and had the wife invite everyone to play foosball with her while the husband danced with the rest of the guests or had them join in conversations and then the party was an epic party.

I do think having too many guests makes it harder. I tried to keep it down to five to seven sims the second time several uninvited sims showed up.
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Silver16Silver16 Posts: 2,014 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I haven't tried in TS3, as one important thing that made it easy in TS2 is missing; hot tub. That thing had it all. Fun, comfort, social, hygiene. Throwing a party was a cakewalk, just have people eat, then hot tub!