Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What I love about TS3

I'm getting bored with reading what's missing in the game and would rather talk about things I LOVE about the Sims... here's my short list

The ability to load purchased items w/o having to log out of the game - this feature is FANTASTIC! Even if I minimize my game and buy it through the site, it still loads the items in real time! In TS2, you had to save and close, add the furniture and load it back up, depending on your machine, that could take about 15-20 minutes!

Aging. - I remember the biggest complaint in TS1 was the kids didn't grow up... now they grow up have their own kids and kick the bucket! I also love that they don't live as elders forever, because I get bored with them once they're old and (as mean as is sounds) want them "out of the way" so I can concentrate on future generations :twisted:

The Opportunity upgrade - I LOVE the fact that you can just click on a button to get your sim to do an opportunity, before the upgrade, I hated having to find the place of the opportunity (or hunting a sim down because I had to befriend them before my next work day) that little addition made it SO much easier!

Recolors in TS3, granted, it takes time for the materials to load, but I LOVE the way you can recolor in TS3, I really SUCK at making CC (I tried and gave up), but I love the ability to just switch colors on something that's ALMOST what I want. It's so easy and so much better than the older versions

The Neighborhood - I LOVE that you can go through the entire neighborhood w/o loading pages... I never realized how much time was wasted in TS2 waiting for downtown to load, or school, or back home again.

Reading to the kiddies - I love that interaction, it's really cute! I hope they add more interactions with the toddlers in the future, it'll make them more enjoyable to have around (instead of being eating, pottying non-sleeping machines)

Paying Bills
... In TS1 (and 2 if I remember correctly), You couldn't just tell the mailbox to pay the bills, they had to pick them up, put them individually down THEN pay them... I like the reminder, too, because I keep forgetting to pay my bills because I get caught up with other things :)

That's just a few things that I really like about the game.

Every time they add a new SP, I can add to my list.

I think sometimes people get too caught up with what ISN'T in the game and don't remember to appreciate and enjoy what IS in the game. There's definitely nothing else out there like this game, and I'm glad they keep improving on it.

That's all for now :)

Comments

• CouriervaughanCouriervaughan Posts: 20,570 Member
    edited October 2010
    Mine is the open ranged neighborhood
  • zenreizenrei Posts: 746 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Mine is the open ranged neighborhood
    I remember when TS3 first came out and I thought the neighborhood was SO big I was almost overwhelmed :lol:
  • HatboxHatbox Posts: 1,755 Member
    edited October 2010
    Mine would also have to be the open neighborhood,which I hated when I first started playing,now I love it,I also like how the parents carry their toddlers all over town,no more kids confined to their houses until they are children!

I also like how children can leave the house on their own now,and how pregnant Sims are allowed to leave their homes at all stages of their pregnancies,everything is more "free".
  • momsoccerteammomsoccerteam Posts: 531 Member
    edited October 2010
    You can drive to other places in stead of calling a Taxi :D
    edited October 2010
    I LOVE the scooter from WA (I like how you can keep it in their inventory to use whenever they want, it's so cute!)

I love the fact we can have more than one everyday outfit now, and that you can change their hair according to what they have on, I don't do it a lot, but I will do it for sims I actually care about :lol:
  • SoloriusSolorius Posts: 119 New Member
    edited October 2010
    That the kids and teenagers put their homework in their inventory and not put them in random place on the lot like in sims 2, forcing me to play hide and seek with the homework.
  • lilmisfit1987lilmisfit1987 Posts: 1,055 Member
    edited October 2010
    I love a lot of things about the sims 3, but I also notice it's flaws. My favorite thing about TS3 is I can play my one family and not have to worry about grandkids going to school with the same kids their grandparents did.
    edited October 2010
    Solorius wrote:
    That the kids and teenagers put their homework in their inventory and not put them in random place on the lot like in sims 2, forcing me to play hide and seek with the homework.
    OMG I forgot they used to do that!! that was SO annoying!!! I like that you can do homework WITH people, too, that's a cool little feature :)
  • AdzrAdzr Posts: 857 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I love so many little things about the game. The thing i am SO grateful for is the fact they dont have to take bills out, put them down, pick them up, sign them then put them back in.
    I love how a box just pops up and you click "pay bills" and its done instantly.

I also love the fact we can drag the newpapers in the bin oursleves.. and that we can CANCEL the newspaper delivery!
    edited October 2010
    Adzr wrote:
    I love so many little things about the game. The thing i am SO grateful for is the fact they dont have to take bills out, put them down, pick them up, sign them then put them back in.
    I love how a box just pops up and you click "pay bills" and its done instantly.

I also love the fact we can drag the newpapers in the bin oursleves.. and that we can CANCEL the newspaper delivery!
    Holy cow! I didn't know we can drag the newspapers!!!
  • JenieusaJenieusa Posts: 5,142 Member
    edited October 2010
    saying by by to that pesky newspaper!!
  • blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    edited October 2010
    Solorius wrote:
    :thumbup:
    YShQCz1.png
    edited October 2010
    Jenieusa wrote:
    saying by by to that pesky newspaper!!
    I barely read it but I don't want to cancel it :( I'm afraid I'll want it as soon as I cancel it :lol:

• bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,377 Member
    edited October 2010
    Agreed with all of the above. Also love the way my sim can go to bed, then if hunger bar goes too low, can get up, drink juice and go back to bed...couldn't do that in sims 2...once they were up, they had to stay up. :roll:
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • VultureV4VultureV4 Posts: 85
    edited October 2010
    I like how there is no right or wrong way to play the game. My sims turn out to be evil most of the time, maybe deep down I find misbehaving and mischievous better than straight and narrow. My sim fought with her husband all the time, so they got divorced. Then after she remarried she sent her husband to befriend her ex, and got him locked in the basement of her house she turned into a dungeon. Funny thing is I used all glass windows for walls so everyone could see the prisoner, and once in a while she will (she has the evil trait) walk downstairs, see him all grungy flies all over, and laugh her evil laugh and go upstairs.

• sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    edited October 2010
    zenrei wrote:
    I'm getting bored with reading what's missing in the game and would rather talk about things I LOVE about the Sims... here's my short list

The ability to load purchased items w/o having to log out of the game - this feature is FANTASTIC! Even if I minimize my game and buy it through the site, it still loads the items in real time! In TS2, you had to save and close, add the furniture and load it back up, depending on your machine, that could take about 15-20 minutes!I too like this feature it is so cool

Aging. - I remember the biggest complaint in TS1 was the kids didn't grow up... now they grow up have their own kids and kick the bucket! I also love that they don't live as elders forever, because I get bored with them once they're old and (as mean as is sounds) want them "out of the way" so I can concentrate on future generations :twisted: !I rember that as well, and with ts2 they wanted to not have to jump house to house to get them all to that same age

The Opportunity upgrade - I LOVE the fact that you can just click on a button to get your sim to do an opportunity, before the upgrade, I hated having to find the place of the opportunity (or hunting a sim down because I had to befriend them before my next work day) that little addition made it SO much easier!

Recolors in TS3, granted, it takes time for the materials to load, but I LOVE the way you can recolor in TS3, I really SUCK at making CC (I tried and gave up), but I love the ability to just switch colors on something that's ALMOST what I want. It's so easy and so much better than the older versionsI totally enjoy this feature. I suck at CC makeing, but to recolor whats there, i love doing that

The Neighborhood - I LOVE that you can go through the entire neighborhood w/o loading pages... I never realized how much time was wasted in TS2 waiting for downtown to load, or school, or back home again. ME TOO

Reading to the kiddies - I love that interaction, it's really cute! I hope they add more interactions with the toddlers in the future, it'll make them more enjoyable to have around (instead of being eating, pottying non-sleeping machines)

Paying Bills
    ... In TS1 (and 2 if I remember correctly), You couldn't just tell the mailbox to pay the bills, they had to pick them up, put them individually down THEN pay them... I like the reminder, too, because I keep forgetting to pay my bills because I get caught up with other things :)

That's just a few things that I really like about the game.

Every time they add a new SP, I can add to my list.

I think sometimes people get too caught up with what ISN'T in the game and don't remember to appreciate and enjoy what IS in the game. There's definitely nothing else out there like this game, and I'm glad they keep improving on it.

That's all for now :)

As for other things i enjoy, not haveing to go to every house in town, to keep all the sims ageing up. I love that feature the most. I enjoy how much you can tweek a sim, to the point of even looking very much like yourself or others you know. I love how when pregnate, you see the bump growing, slowly, not over night or every so many hours. I love the interactions to listen to tummy as well, thats so cool. I like how if you do high freewill they do more themselves, and if you don't want them to you can set it lower to no freewill. There is so much about this game i love and so little space to put it all in.
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    edited October 2010
    I love it that the men can try for baby. I have a town full of offspring from one sim. It's so funny wherever my sim goes there is a pregnant sim or a sim child of his. He's up to 25 kids :D and he lives on his own.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • SimplyZombieSimplyZombie Posts: 271 New Member
    edited October 2010
    There are so many things I love about Sims 3, but lately the one thing I have been most happy about is that my sims can look through a telescope during the day without having someone show up and yell at them. That always drove me crazy in the previous version.
  • JenieusaJenieusa Posts: 5,142 Member
    edited October 2010
    my sims can look through a telescope during the day without having someone show up and yell at them.

OMG that is SOOOOOOOOOOO true!!!
  • Simtasticfun06Simtasticfun06 Posts: 140 Member
    edited October 2010
    There are so many things I love about Sims 3, but lately the one thing I have been most happy about is that my sims can look through a telescope during the day without having someone show up and yell at them. That always drove me crazy in the previous version.

Haha oh yeah that is so true! I was very happy when Mortimer Goth didn't come over to yell at me because it was always him that did lol.

All these points are good ones. I know people complain how the game doesn't have this from TS2 but TS3 is still fairly new and TS2 already has all it's expansions so of course it won't have as much. Still I think TS3 is better than the TS2 when you don't have EP and SP into consideration. Seriously the seemless play is great. I love how everyone ages together, and you can change your hair for different outfits. I love that you can somewhat control work/school. You can even go to work in Ambitions. I also like the new skills that have been added and how you have to start working on them before they show up. So you don't feel like you must max out every skill to get anywhere. I kinda miss the private school option though. I always thought it was sort of a challenge to please the headmaster, even though it's pretty unrealistic. It was still fun for me, lol.
  • kandykutekandykute Posts: 961 Member
    edited October 2010
    I love everything eventhough little things get on my nerves. . . :D
  • Alan_69kkAlan_69kk Posts: 382
    edited October 2010
    I like how you can click and drag dishes and rubbish to the bin or dishwasher.
  • SidonzoSidonzo Posts: 196 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I love that the books your sim writes and the pictures they paint end up in the library and the art museum.

I love that famous sims can have fans and sign autographs.

I love that sims now have a trampoline to play on.

I love that recipes now take specific ingredients and your sim can buy, grow, or catch the ingredients.

I love that there are recipes, children's developmental books, and sheet music to buy.

I love that your sim can now upgrade various objects to make them better.

I love that your sim can take a jog around the neighborhood and get fit while doing so.

I love that your sim can have an open career or the traditional rabbit-hole kind.

I love that there are goodies scattered around the neighborhood for your sim to collect if they so desire.

I love that relics and artifacts that your sim collects can be donated to a museum for all to enjoy.

I love that there is laundry in the game now and building laundry rooms.

I love that you can stock fishbowls, aquariums, and ponds with fish your sim has caught.

(I know I am in the minority on this one, but...) I love the opportunity system and the fact that it is optional.

I love that your sim can collect clothes from the past and future with the time machine.
    edited October 2010
    VultureV4 wrote:
    I like how there is no right or wrong way to play the game. My sims turn out to be evil most of the time, maybe deep down I find misbehaving and mischievous better than straight and narrow. My sim fought with her husband all the time, so they got divorced. Then after she remarried she sent her husband to befriend her ex, and got him locked in the basement of her house she turned into a dungeon. Funny thing is I used all glass windows for walls so everyone could see the prisoner, and once in a while she will (she has the evil trait) walk downstairs, see him all grungy flies all over, and laugh her evil laugh and go upstairs.
    that's so deliciously evil :lol:
    edited October 2010
    Sidonzo wrote:
    I love that the books your sim writes and the pictures they paint end up in the library and the art museum.

I love that famous sims can have fans and sign autographs.

I love that sims now have a trampoline to play on.

I love that recipes now take specific ingredients and your sim can buy, grow, or catch the ingredients.

I love that there are recipes, children's developmental books, and sheet music to buy.

I love that your sim can now upgrade various objects to make them better.

I love that your sim can take a jog around the neighborhood and get fit while doing so.

I love that your sim can have an open career or the traditional rabbit-hole kind.

I love that there are goodies scattered around the neighborhood for your sim to collect if they so desire.

I love that relics and artifacts that your sim collects can be donated to a museum for all to enjoy.

I love that there is laundry in the game now and building laundry rooms.

I love that you can stock fishbowls, aquariums, and ponds with fish your sim has caught.

(I know I am in the minority on this one, but...) I love the opportunity system and the fact that it is optional.

I love that your sim can collect clothes from the past and future with the time machine.
    Nice list!!

I just bought ambitions this week, and haven't dove into yet, but seeing this list makes me want to experiment :)