Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

His and Her's: 2 Contemporary Starters by Anjubee (under 16.5k!)

AnjubeeAnjubee Posts: 1,935 Member
These 2 lots were built on 10×10 lots and are meant to be placed right next to each other for that townhouse row look. They are mirror images of each other with most of the same objects in each, but one is decorated in more masculine tones while the other is decorated in more feminine tones. It was a little challenge to myself to see if I can make 2 unique spaces using the same space and same objects on a starter budget. I hope I succeeded!

No CC items or store items were used. Only a few CC patterns.

Download His Starter
covershot_his.png

Download Her Starter

covershot_her.png

his_05.jpg

his_02.jpg

his_04.jpg

hers_02.jpg

hers_03.jpg

hisandhers_03.jpg

For more screenshots, including floorplan shots, please click on my siggy or visit here.

Hope you guys like! :mrgreen:

Comments

• Options
    lightelflightelf Posts: 381
    edited August 2010
    Very creative of you having 2 different starter. Just a suggestion you can have a lil for distinct colour between his and her next time. Recommended both your work!
  • Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    edited August 2010
    Great builds.1 You always seem to have just the right mix when it comes to wall texture, both inside and out. Both color pattern and type always look great!
    Off to rec!
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    AlliumAllium Posts: 1,874 New Member
    edited August 2010
    JUJU's Been at the Juju juice!!! Woot!

2 New builds!!! :shock:

LOVE the concept, LOVE the execution! So chic, so cool so Juju!

They look gorgeous together and it would be fab to see a long line of these all decked out individually :)

They are perfect AND affordable, great work Missus! :D

*skips of to rec them immediately!* :mrgreen:
  • Options
    StarbucaneerStarbucaneer Posts: 2,561 Member
    edited August 2010
    Hi Anjubee,

Wonderful builds, smart, cute and compact. I like the way you made a mirrored pair too. I have the perfect spot for them in my (half finished) world.

Downloaded and rec'd

best regards
    Starby :)
    Simming since the beginning! :)
  • Options
    cinsinncinsinn Posts: 179 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Oh wow! These are sooooo cute! I love them, off to rec and dl! :D
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited August 2010
    WOW Anjubee! Are those starter homes? :shock: They are too grand to be starter homes! :lol: How did you manage to make such beautiful homes under 16.5K? Simply love the architecture and the interior decoration! Great job as always Anjubee! Left 2 very well deserved recommendations for your lots! :thumbup:
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited August 2010
    Oh I love these two fabulous starters! :D They look wonderful placed together, the floor plans are great and the whole idea is so smart. I've rec'd and fav'd both of them.
  • Options
    lindaylinday Posts: 1,332 Member
    edited August 2010
    Those are great! So much look for such a low cost! Love 'em! Rec'd both!
  • Options
    Freund25Freund25 Posts: 4,520
    edited August 2010
    Very nice idea :thumbup: I like it :wink::lol:
    (left a rec)
  • Options
    bradrigobradrigo Posts: 1,495 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I adore Your work, especially these cute starters!
    I might have to adopt one of them, and place them in my game. Or maybe both :D
  • Options
    simtweeksimtweek Posts: 267 Member
    edited August 2010
    YAY a new Anju build! Love it <3 ...Off to dl and rec!!
  • Options
    ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited August 2010
    ROFL!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

LOOOOOVE the pix, JuJu....too funny. And just perfect. Which is the word to use for these lovely starters too. They are cool and contemporary but very homey and warm too. Best of both worlds. :D:D:D
  • Options
    hazentwhazentw Posts: 341 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Great Anjubee! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

off to rec and tweet now
  • Options
    simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited August 2010
    LOL, that's pretty cool! Rec'd both, dl later!
  • Options
    Mch36504Mch36504 Posts: 490 New Member
    edited August 2010
    oh no, the past few days I've been building a modern townhouse-like lot on a 10x10 lot, although my intent is quite opposite, I am trying to make it as expensive as I can! lol :wink:

This is a very nice house, very nice work considering its worth only 16k each, the interiors are great and I love the color choices on each of them!

I have one question, are those pictures behind the 2 sims on the couch made from the drafters table thing, or are they custom made?

A recommend from me on both of them! ;)
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Mch: Ooh, can't wait to see your expensive 10x10 townhouse! I'm sure it'll be great. As for those paintings, yeah, they were drawn on the drafter's table. Aren't they fabulous?

simsgal2227: Thanks! Enjoy! :mrgreen:

hazentw: Thank you!

Ruthie: <3 Haha, I thought it was pretty funny too!

tweek: Yay! Thanks! <3

bradigo: I promise they are potty trained! :lol: Thanks!

Freund25: Thank you! :)

linday: Thanks, babe! <3

Jessa: Oooh, faves! Thanks, you are so sweet.

Yanti: It's amazing how much you can do when the lot itself only costs 200 simoleans! They both were actually almost at 20k before I moved my sims in and play tested them for a few sim days. After a few tweeks and depreciated, I was able to get it down to 16.5k :) Thanks so much! You are always so sweet.

cinsinn: They are quite cute, aren't they. Thanks so much!

Starby: Hey! Great hearing from you. Looking forward to seeing that world of your's! Thanks for stopping in. :)

Alli: <3

kj: Why, thank you! It's something I try pretty hard at in every build. There's something fulfilling about it when you find just the right combination of colors, textures, and patterns. :D

lightelf: Thanks for your input. :) Although the intent was to be somewhat subtle in my color choices rather than going for the complete obvious.
  • Options
    tdewdtdewd Posts: 927 Member
    edited August 2010
    These houses are fantastic! I really like rowhomes (or terraces as some may call them) in real life, so these are perfect. :)

I also really like the brick pattern you used - it's far better than any default ones. In fact I'm glad you used brick, they are great with any style of build and always, at least to me, bring some warmth to a building.
    The interiors too are fantastic - I actually forgot I was looking at a couple of starters. Great work - here's a couple recs. ;)
  • Options
    AllureAllure Posts: 773 New Member
    edited August 2010
    *gasp* What a perfect pair of starters!<3<3<3 Truly a brilliant idea. The kitchen and the bedroom of the masculine version is particularly gorgeous.. just oozes style and the girl version is so airy and just pretty all around. Your piccies are always so fun to look at. I wonder what Tester J is complaining about... (I am guessing he doesn't want his own place, no matter how awesome and just wants to crash at Juju's... and Juju avi is telling him to shut it...lol) I just wish J was around to see this, he would've been so pleased and proud. Off to rec and dl both and I am putting the dude version in my fav! :D
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Anjubee wrote:
    Mch: Ooh, can't wait to see your expensive 10x10 townhouse! I'm sure it'll be great. As for those paintings, yeah, they were drawn on the drafter's table. Aren't they fabulous?

Yes, they are fabulous, as with the rest of the houses. :P

well, my 10x10 townhouse is not super expensive, but it would if I add the Bwan Speedster YL, or the Margaret Vaguester to the driveway, lol :)
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Mchy: You boys and your cars! :D

Lulu: I think I like the dude version better too. I did the feminine one first actually and thought it looked ok. It's interesting to see them competing against each other on the exchange! It seems His Starter is more popular for some reason! LOL! I love tormenting Tester J. I'm sure J would get a kick out of it if he were around. I think Tester J is complaining because he wants to talk and Juju just wants to watch the game! hahaha

tdewd: Yes, I love the bricks! I wish the white brick I used on Her Starter stood out more, but it looks good up close. Thank you for stopping in and the recs!
  • Options
    noah13noah13 Posts: 282
    edited August 2010
    Another fantastic house done by Anju way to go (DL, Rec, and Fav) I give it 3 thumbs up :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: P.S how did you get the houses there cause I can see the Doublemint Compound on one of the photos in the background but I can't find any 10X10 lots in Sunset Valley
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    socalkdlsocalkdl Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited August 2010
    Anjubee,
    Amazingly clever use of space! The laundry room for example, four squares? It works brilliantly though, lol. As usual, your choice of colors patterns and furnishings most appealing. You have a good eye for making a single room with numerous functions feel like separate rooms, with individual spaces.
    Great job!
    4646540594_f16c4e42a2.jpg
  • Options
    ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited August 2010
    I sense a great story here....I really want to see more of what happens when his and hers becomes "ours" ...lol. :D
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Mchy: You boys and your cars! :D

:D
  • Options
    maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited August 2010
    those are starters? they're stunning! very beautifully decorated and they look so nice together

*runs off to rec*
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'