Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Late Night Vampires

Speaking to Angie Newman, an EA representative for the series, we got the details on how vampirism will work in Late Night:

“You have to find a vampire in the world, befriend it, and then ask it to turn you into a vampire. You can then turn other Sims into vampires,” explains Newman. Late Night also includes a new Blood Line system, which will let you pass your vampirism onto your offspring. “So if a vampire and a vampire mate, it will for sure be a vampire baby. But if a vampire and a non-vampire mate, it might be a vampire or it might be a Sim. There’s no half-vampire, half-Sim babies.”

And what will you feed on once you’ve become a creature of the night? “They quench their thirst by eating plasma packs, drinking plasma from other Sims, or growing rare and awesome plasma fruits.”

Gah im so excited i want a vamp familt :D

Comments

• Options
    ameliuh321ameliuh321 Posts: 3,767 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Shweet. :] So my non-vamps won't unexpecedly be turned. 'zactly how I wanted it.
  • Options
    SasukemoonstarSasukemoonstar Posts: 66 New Member
    edited July 2010
    hehe im excited i cant wait till this comes out
  • Options
    Chickadee183Chickadee183 Posts: 174
    edited July 2010
    Awesome awesome awesome! Do you know if they still burn in the sun? I figure a whole family of vamps, with kids, and kids have to go school....
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Awesome awesome awesome! Do you know if they still burn in the sun? I figure a whole family of vamps, with kids, and kids have to go school....

Yes they still burn in the sun and from what i understand they will be adding night schooling for teen and child vamps :)
  • Options
    dragonmaster626dragonmaster626 Posts: 3,716 New Member
    edited July 2010
    where is the site every one is reading this stuff on any ways? I remember seeing a link befor but i don't remember where its at any more.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    where is the site every one is reading this stuff on any ways? I remember seeing a link befor but i don't remember where its at any more.

i looked it up on sims wiki then clicked the link to late night ep then the vamp link

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sims_3:_Late_Night

thats the link to the late night ep on sims wiki
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,377 Member
    edited July 2010
    Hi,
    I haven't read through all the posts, only OP.

The thing I thought of, being a fan of True Blood, is keeping a human on hand to take care of the day time stuff for the Vamps who are sleeping, and for the plasma. The poor thing will probably have anemia, lol. Oh the horror stories we will tell!
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    i think thats a really good idea and would make a really good story hehe
  • Options
    milkewayplayermilkewayplayer Posts: 900 Member
    edited July 2010
    Shweet!! :mrgreen: I can't wait for this EP!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Shweet!! :mrgreen: I can't wait for this EP!

me either im so excited :mrgreen:
  • Options
    000000078000000078 Posts: 4,266
    edited July 2010
    This new EP that's comeing out, just keep's sounding better and better. Can't wait.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,422 Member
    edited July 2010
    I'm having a regular bartender sim (I plan to create when this EP comes out) marry a vamp and then she'll his food source. :twisted:
  • Options
    TwilightxbTwilightxb Posts: 854 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Ah I read about this and the more I read it the more excited I am!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    i know i cant wait :D
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    im gonna make an entire vampire family hehe
  • Options
    milkewayplayermilkewayplayer Posts: 900 Member
    edited July 2010
    Lolz, yea. I'll probably make a sim and turn them into a vampire then meet a poor unsuspecting sim to love and feed off, then maybe eventually turn them into a vamp too and have vampire kiddies! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited July 2010
    Ahhhh... This EP just keeps sounding more and more awesome, I can't believe we have to wait like 4 months to be able to play it.

The vampires in this ep sound a lot like the way I was *hoping* vampires were going to be in Sims 2, which I enjoyed but was also slightly disappointed in.

I'm glad they have to consume blood/plasma to stay alive and not regular sim food... also glad they aren't the cheeseball Dracula-type sims that Sims 2 had... from the trailer they look stylish and mysterious. Can't wait!
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    Sherio88Sherio88 Posts: 1,236 New Member
    edited July 2010
    plasma fruit = vegetarian vampire? lol
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited July 2010
    Sherio88 wrote:

Maybe that's what vampires with the 'Good' trait will prefer to consume. Lol! Either way, at least they have the option of feeding off human sims.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited July 2010
    Cool! Especially happy about the fact that vamps can "make" vampy kids :P.
  • Options
    simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited July 2010
    Sherio88 wrote:

Maybe that's what vampires with the 'Good' trait will prefer to consume. Lol! Either way, at least they have the option of feeding off human sims.

LOL, they'd be the Cullens.
  • Options
    AngelaKayeAngelaKaye Posts: 757 New Member
    edited July 2010
    That. Sounds. AWESOME.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Sherio88 wrote:

LOL, they'd be the Cullens.

Lol i never thought of that