Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tilt Camera?

uRabbituRabbit Posts: 48 New Member
As seen in this youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82j_YJ01Bac

How do I tilt the camera angle?

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited May 2010
    I didn't look at the video but I do believe you are talking about the Mouse Wheel. I can't play this game without a mouse wheel. :mrgreen:

*I think there are hot keys on the keyboard but I'm not sure... I'll go look see. *

**There ya go, if I don't have a wheel then I can't play. Maybe someone else will know. :(

• uRabbituRabbit Posts: 48 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Mouse wheel is zoom in and out. I'm speaking tilt.
  • CoasterboiCoasterboi Posts: 301 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Click and hold the scroll wheel and then try moving your mouse.
  • drowssapdrowssap Posts: 2,007 Member
    edited May 2010
    this is why laptops and CAW are not great together, iv had to plug in my old old pc mouse,
    like Coasterboi said, you must click the wheel and then move the mouse around
    edited May 2010
    uRabbit wrote:
    Mouse wheel is zoom in and out. I'm speaking tilt.

Ah, sorry. I didn't clarify very well. It's so second nature to me. :(
  • MadGazMadGaz Posts: 124 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Hey,

If you have a number pad on your keyboard, you can use the 8 and the 2 to tilt the camera. Took me a while to figure it out, but it works without any problems for me. :)

Gaz :)
  • drowssapdrowssap Posts: 2,007 Member
    edited May 2010
    if by number pad you mean the one that should be to the right side, no i dont :( , iv only got my numbers above the letters,
    acer keyboard has a touch pad instead, other than volume though its not much use
  • uRabbituRabbit Posts: 48 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Awesome. Number Pad and scroll wheel both work. :)
  • water_cat1water_cat1 Posts: 751 New Member
    edited May 2010
    normally laptops have a function button (Fn) in a different colour, then a few buttons with a different colour symbol on them, so for instance if i hold don Fn and K the computer will think i am pressing numpad 2
  • Amy47Amy47 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Ok I'm using a laptop to play the sims 3 and use its world creator.... How do I tilt in the world creator??? I don't have a a scroll thing nor do I have the number pad to the right... sooooooo what buttons do I press instead??? I've read through the comments above and none make sense. Please help!
  • asiaeasiae Posts: 37 New Member
    edited May 2011
    for laptop! i have the answer ! use both mouse buttons on the keyboard and move the mouse built into the keyboard also. hope u understand :D

ill explain again: u use the built-in mouse and click both mouse buttons down at once and move the mouse :) it works i promise.. well for me on a laptop it does UR WELCOME... i just thought since i JUST now experimented and found the answer i would share it with everyone with the same issue.. its so annoying but now i have a solution and i hope u enjoy! happy simming
  • BlanccaBlancca Posts: 2
    edited December 2011
    Hi guys,

I think I sort the tilting thing out, well at least it works on my laptop.
    I pressed the key Fn and then num lock which turned the num lock on and the tilting works pressing the key 8 and letter K(2).

Hope it does make sense and it'll help u guys.
  • BlanccaBlancca Posts: 2
    edited December 2011
    Amy47 wrote:
    Ok I'm using a laptop to play the sims 3 and use its world creator.... How do I tilt in the world creator??? I don't have a a scroll thing nor do I have the number pad to the right... sooooooo what buttons do I press instead??? I've read through the comments above and none make sense. Please help!

Hi guys,

I pressed the key Fn and then num lock which turned the num lock on and the tilting works pressing the key 8 and letter K(2).

• steph_444444steph_444444 Posts: 1,875 Member
    edited December 2011
    If you hold down Ctrl, the right mouse button will tilt the camera, instead of moving it.
  • LeCremeDeLeCremeLeCremeDeLeCreme Posts: 2
    edited September 2012
    Hi guys - ive tried all of these things and they just MOVE me around the map. I need TILT as in tilt up and down/look up and down , Feeling stressed out. :x :?: :cry: :x :?: :cry:
  • marinarose1395marinarose1395 Posts: 39
    edited February 2013
    Blancca wrote:
    Amy47 wrote:

Hi guys,

Oh my god this worked!!! I've been spending HOURS online trying to figure it out, and pushing random buttons on my laptop! I thought I was gonna have to go out and buy a freaking map just to use CaW! Everyone, try this first. Because at first I had just tried holding fn+k, or whatever, but it doesn't work unless you actually lock the number pad. Genius, thank you. :shock: I'm just so happy now lol.
  • whitepawn23whitepawn23 Posts: 308 Member
    edited April 2013
    I've tried every single method listed here. NOTHING listed tilts the camera. The camera remains top down, directly top down, and simply moves around with every option listed.

How do I tilt the camera to a sideways view of the land?

Desktop, with mouse, with scroll wheel.
    edited April 2013
    Can't do anything with this program until camera tilt is sorted. Please assist. The YouTube videos all say "8" and "2" but those simply work like arrow keys to move the map around, maintaining a top-down view.
    edited April 2013
    Hi :)

Have you changed your mouse set up?

Pushing down and holding the middle wheel of a mouse while moving the mouse normally pivots the camera on that spot.

The 8 and 2 on the keypad will work with caplocks on. It just did for me.

I hope you get it working for you. :)
    edited April 2013
    I try to zoom in on a corner, to smooth my landscape, as shown here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82j_YJ01Bac ,

...but all attempts to tilt the camera, makes the land mass do a spasmodic 180, and doesn't actually switch the camera angle away from top-down. Trying to reposition from there, to get back to the edge...an exercise in futility. Perhaps I'm too close to the edge and the camera is simply going nutters because there's an invisible wall or some such thing...but Flab seems to be able to zoom out rather nicely at the edges so it must be possible to do this without the camera having a seizure.

This doesn't look like rocket science, but the camera manipulations are not intuitive or, apparently, consistent.

No, the mouse I'm using is a standard mouse with a scroll wheel, nothing apart from the default settings.
    edited April 2013
    I remember it doing that a long time ago and a few computers ago. Maybe it was my Vista... :(

What are your computer specs? Have you kept it updated- graphics, OS, Java and all.

• marmel13marmel13 Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    uRabbit wrote:
    As seen in this youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82j_YJ01Bac

How do I tilt the camera angle?

You go to this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR7lH-t3XoA

skip to 3:26 Done :-)