Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Neverglade World - Populated Saved Game

RusalkaRusalka Posts: 510 New Member
These two saved game files was created for the Neverglade world by Pyronium3 (http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/191704.page. The saved game file populates the town with Sims for those who might not want to start with a totally empty world. There are now two versions to choose from. The first version is a 'starter' save file with mostly young adults populating the town. The second version is an 'aged' save file using the same Sims run through several generations. The population is larger and much more diverse.

Please note that you will need World Adventures and High End Loft Stuff for these saved game files to work.

*Neverglade - Starter Edition*

16 Residential Lots with houses were left empty. All empty lots have been left empty.

Remainder of household lots now populated with Sims. Sims are primarily single young adults. Some sprinkling of families with varying numbers of children. No elders.

Sims populating town were primarily my creations or taken from exchange (and chosen for pretty factor). Credit to: BryonyRae, Evergreen226, Petra, Nikolaus12, Sun2401, TSOAsiaShaMecca, and MrMarco. A handful of Sims were random CAS creations.

The file was saved with "run without custom content" enabled. So the Sims should not have any CC. However, since some of the Sims originally DID have CC in my game because I liked them that way, some may have rather generic hairstyles and clothing that was replaced when I saved without the CC.

Majority of homes now have cribs and enough bed space for at least 4 Sims. This was done so that those running AwesomeMod or NRAA Story Progression don't have to worry about no babies being made because of lack of cribs. Or families not moving around because of lack of bed space. Those using EA story progression should find that cribs in lots of houses populate the town with children faster as well. A few homes were slightly remodeled to add more bed space. No CC was used in any remodeling.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?ezljmgemmdm

*Neverglade - Aged Edition*

A few additional inexpensive starter homes were added to the neighborhood to balance out the real estate. Still a few empty lots. Cribs and bed space for at least 4 Sims exist in most homes.

There are 70 or so Sims in this world. They vary in age from infants to elders with some pregnant women as well. There are singles, couples, families, single parent families, etc. I have gone through each household and played with clothes and hair to kill the 'generic look' problem with the 'starter' file. Still should be no custom content.

The graveyard has been populated with tombstones and ghosts. One large section has been left empty for your Sims' graves. There are also a few graves at one of the home lots in the nieghborhood just for fun's sake.

To use either of these saved game files, download it and then extract it using WinRar or some other like program into My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves. You must, of course, have the Neverglade world installed first.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?ch1u25zknw2

Comments

• auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited May 2010
    What a great idea!

Most people wait for the world creater to make a saved game, but I think most world creaters are so tired of the world by then they don't do it. Only speaking from my own experience.

It's wonderful that you took the time to do this, Very nice!

• RusalkaRusalka Posts: 510 New Member
    edited May 2010
    I'm sure he will likely make one as well and probably far superior. But I am using the world for my legacy family and I didn't want an empty town. Since I was making it for myself, I figured I might as well post it up in case anyone else might like it.
  • Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
    edited May 2010
    Daw! I was used :D XD Do you remember which ones?
    23uvol1.jpg
    edited May 2010
    Daw! I was used :D XD Do you remember which ones?

Hi Evergreen! Yes, your Sims are gorgeous. I hope you don't mind I used them! Let's see, I think I used Bella, Helan, Jasirie, Perenelle, Jahair and Sora. But without any custom content. I also renamed them all to go with the neighborhood.

Anyways, thanks for making such awesome Sims and being so nice to share them on the exchange.
  • DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited May 2010
    Thanks for taking the time to do this. LOL, I have an awful lot of female sims running around in the same generic dress and hair but that's okay. It gives me an excuse to jump around a bit to become more familiar with the residents.

I really like the names you have given to the families in this save. You are much more creative in this area than I am!
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,992 Member
    edited May 2010
    What a great idea!

Most people wait for the world creater to make a saved game, but I think most world creaters are so tired of the world by then they don't do it. Only speaking from my own experience.

It's wonderful that you took the time to do this, Very nice!

I'm not one of those creators. I got fed up with all the empty towns. The first world I created, Kellog Island, has a saved game file that goes along with it. Two actually, one for fast and one for slow machines. The world I'm creating now, Las Montañas Rojas will also have a saved game file to go along with it. I started uploading saved game files with my worlds from the start, because I hate playing with an empty town. Even if it only starts out that way. I also don't like not having any ghosts in my graveyards. I hope that if and when they finally add the ability to put sims in your world, they also give you the ability to assign ghosts to tomb stones. I was thinking of creating a second saved game file for Las Montañas Rojas with Ambitions content added, however, the only reason why I won't create a second version of the map itself, is that I don't go through the trouble of killing to same sims off again to haunt my cemeteries and other haunted lots.

edited May 2010
    New *Neverglade - Aged Edition* save game file in first post.
  • Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
    edited May 2010
    You're very welcome for making them! I'm so glad you used Perry! I love her!
    23uvol1.jpg
    edited May 2010
    You're very welcome for making them! I'm so glad you used Perry! I love her!

Oh Perenelle is one of my favorites! She made very pretty children too. :-)
  • TinTinnerson48TinTinnerson48 Posts: 4,151 Member
    edited May 2010
    ok, so i REALLY want this save file, but i have 2 problems.
    1.i dont really want to download something that i have basically no clue what it is, so if you could maybe post some pictures and stories by some of the families that would be great.
    2.i dont have HELS, would this be a problem?
    edited May 2010
    Hi TinTinnerson48

1. I decided not to do stories for the households because the player may wish to move some around or whatever and the stories would be rather obsolete after a generation anyway. I guess I could post pics of some of the households, I'll try to do that this weekend. I'm not really sure what else I would post images for.

2. The saved game file was created on a game with HELS and the latest patch. So I'm not really sure it would work without HELS...
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,992 Member
    edited May 2010
    TinTinnerson48

You could download it, in order to find out if it works for you or not. The town I'm making right does not use High End Loft content and neither does the saved game file that goes along with it, but I've gotten worried that people who don't have the stuff pack might not be able to play with my saved game file, since its installed on my machine.

If it works, than I'll know I won't have to worry and neither will anyone else who has the same concerns that I do now. In the case that it doesn't work, if you want it badly enough, it might be worth the risk, just if it does work, be prepared to replace a few objects, since the software might not do a good job of replacing the Hels objects itself.
    edited May 2010
    I downloaded the new aged file and am enjoying it very much.

I wanted to thank you again because you have really gone to a lot of trouble getting this world set up and it is awfully nice of you to share it.

I do also want to let you know that I checked the library and see you hadn't changed some of the bookcases and fixed the chairs at a couple of the computer desks, so it works as it should. Wanted to remind you, or let you know if you didn't realize the library needed some work, to fix it for your game. After all the work you have already put into this, I'm sure you want the library up to snuff, lol.
    edited May 2010
    DOLLDRMS1 wrote:
    I downloaded the new aged file and am enjoying it very much.

I wanted to thank you again because you have really gone to a lot of trouble getting this world set up and it is awfully nice of you to share it.

I do also want to let you know that I checked the library and see you hadn't changed some of the bookcases and fixed the chairs at a couple of the computer desks, so it works as it should. Wanted to remind you, or let you know if you didn't realize the library needed some work, to fix it for your game. After all the work you have already put into this, I'm sure you want the library up to snuff, lol.

Thanks! I did forget to fix the library things, but that takes just a minute to do for whoever is playing. I apologize for not doing it in the file though.
    edited May 2010
    Heavens, no apology necessary! It is a quick fix and I mentioned it only so your game would get fixed.

It is so nice not to have to go through all of Neverglade and do this setup. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
  • HIMM2011HIMM2011 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited July 2010
    This is so rare of me posting a comment on a forum but I simply had to thank you deeply for this. I mean is enough with populating the neighborhood but you also killed the generic look... that's a lot of work thanks a lot!!!!
  • royale_painroyale_pain Posts: 38 Member
    edited August 2010
    Aw, thanks! I would've been tired of CAS if I had to populate the world. xD
    Can't wait to play, thanks again~ ;D
  • MadiCullenMadiCullen Posts: 1,115
    edited May 2011
    This is great! I recently caved and downloaded Neverglade, and got feed up trying to populate it after about an hour, so i can't wait to try this out :)
    edited May 2011
    I know this is an old thread, but oh well.xD

I LOVE your save file. Its amazing. I used the aged and the only problem is a lot of elders that are famous, but i just age them up and kill them anyway :D
  • DulceHoneyDulceHoney Posts: 422 Member
    edited June 2011
    I'm just wondering if TinTinnerson ever tried using this without HELS?? I just recently opened up my Neverglade world, and I don't want to have to populate it :( . However, I do not have HELS.
    edited June 2011
    DulceHoney wrote:
    I'm just wondering if TinTinnerson ever tried using this without HELS?? I just recently opened up my Neverglade world, and I don't want to have to populate it :( . However, I do not have HELS.

I dont have any stuff packs. It still works fine 8)
  • DulceHoneyDulceHoney Posts: 422 Member
    edited June 2011
    Oh really?! Thanks SO much for your swift reply. I'm going to try it now! Thanks again :-)
    edited June 2011
    DulceHoney wrote:
    Oh really?! Thanks SO much for your swift reply. I'm going to try it now! Thanks again :-)

No problem.

I recommend getting the "aged" one. Even though there are alot of elders it really gives a feel of diversity.
  • peaceluv60peaceluv60 Posts: 4
    edited February 2012
    Okay, so i REALLY want this world but i have a mac. And the file format won’t download onto my sims. So.. maybe help or put out a mac format? (Sims Pack) because i don’t have an unzipping program plus i am too lazy to do all the work :mrgreen: