Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rotating your world - laptop users?

Hello all

I'm not a huge 'design' fan but wanted to give CAW a try. I've been playing around with it and it's fun once you get the hang of it, but I'm having one huge issue - I can't rotate my world!

I'm using a laptop that does not have a mouse, and so there is no click wheel to rotate with (I did read the help/walkthrough :P ). I've been messing around for a while now and was wondering if there was another way to rotate the world for the laptop users? Maybe a dumb question, maybe not. If not, and the only solution is, "Hook up a mouse to your laptop" then no big deal - it's not a serious need and I'll just leave the world-building to the pros and use their worlds :mrgreen: ! Thanks in advance, all!

Comments

• chellemh29chellemh29 Posts: 2,492 Member
    edited March 2010
    use the < and > keys (also know as the , and . )
    yhCWXCP.gif
  • m0rningsm0rnings Posts: 56 Member
    edited March 2010
    chellemh29 wrote:
    use the < and > keys (also know as the , and . )

Thank ya ma'am! :D
  • Verbaltee99Verbaltee99 Posts: 403 New Member
    edited March 2010
    You could also press and hold down the left and right button on your laptop's touchpad and then just use your finger to move the camera. Same with if you want to move, just hold down the right button and move around on the touchpad. It might sound a bit confusing but you will probly understand it if you try.
  • G2regG2reg Posts: 11
    edited May 2010
    Well I was having the same issue and I knew that I could rotate it with the < > Keys, but I don't understand how to rotate the world up and down, I have 2 mouses that I could hook up to my laptop, but they don't work for some reason... I can only move around, zoom in and out, and rotate left and right, but how do you rotate your world up and down so your like at a street view look at the whole world???
    Understand?
  • G2regG2reg Posts: 11
    edited May 2010
    Well I guess it wouldn't be considered rotating up and down, i guess it would be tilting? I don't know, but I would really like to know how to "tilt" the screen on CAW
  • SVTonySVTony Posts: 243 New Member
    edited March 2011
    G2reg wrote:
    Well I guess it wouldn't be considered rotating up and down, i guess it would be tilting? I don't know, but I would really like to know how to "tilt" the screen on CAW

Did you find out how to do it? I'm having the same problem right now! :(
  • asiaeasiae Posts: 37 New Member
    edited May 2011
    you must hold both laptop mouse buttons down and move the mouse it works for me on a laptop
  • sopherxsopherx Posts: 3
    edited June 2011
    I tried clicking the two laptop buttons at the same time and moving it but it just moves you around the world and doesnt tilt it :(
  • deathquakerdeathquaker Posts: 42
    edited June 2011
    I remember when I had a gaming laptop, I found it was easiest to just plug in a cheap mouse. I honestly can't remember if that's the ONLY answer, but I found it much easier to do that way.
  • tjstreaktjstreak Posts: 808 Member
    edited June 2011
    I bought a USB mouse (for about $10.00) and plugged it into a USB port. Problem solved.
  • Designs2GoDesigns2Go Posts: 87 New Member
    edited July 2011
    You know the roller on a proper mouse? If you have that in your laptop (highly unlikely as no company seems to think that is important enough to be in laptops) then just click it down and roll.
  • wernid19wernid19 Posts: 1
    edited May 2012
    I've been having the same problems. But with the power of Google, anything is possible. Now the short little tutorial I'm about to post may not work with all laptops, but it should help some people. EA really should have put this in the manual.
      To rotate the camera without a mouse: Use the "," and "." keys.
      To tilt (or rotate vertically as some like to call it): Use the "2" and "8" keys on the
    number pad. NOTE: I've heard that you can use the "fn" key in combination with other keys to do this as well. I haven't tested it out, so you're on your own with that one.
      To zoom: Place two fingers on the touchpad. Then either move them together or push them apart.
      To move: Use the arrow keys. OR right click and use the touch pad

EDIT: I realize that this is an old thread. However, it is one of the first results on Google, so people googling for answers will see them all in one spot.
  • Wild_teenWild_teen Posts: 3 New Member
    edited May 2012
    hold down Ctrl and the left mouse klicker on the tuch-pad, in the ordinary game you can now tilt and tur the camera however you want :-)
  • Wild_teenWild_teen Posts: 3 New Member
    edited May 2012
    oopsi, ment Ctrl+RIGHT mouse klicker ;-)