Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Error reading game files when trying to install World adventures

Hi All,

Have searched all over the forums and and on the internet about this problem, with no joy.

I just purchased the world adventures expansion pack today and I can't get it to install. The following error occurs:

Error reading game files
/Volume/Macintosh HD/Application/The SIms 3.localized/The Sims 3.app/contents/Resources/Preferences/update_always.reg

After digging around, I saw a few posts about needing the latest update, so I went ahead and updated, but still get the error message when I try to install the expansion pack.

I have an Intel Mac with a 320 GIG HD and 4 of ram
Running OSX 10.5.8

I have a few mods and some custom content if that makes a difference?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Nikki

Comments

• Options
    SuperPogimonSuperPogimon Posts: 2,429 Member
    edited December 2009
    Hi Burse. Remove your mods and CCs before installing World Adventure

After you succesfully installed WA and update it with patch do not put back your mods, it will crash the game.

You can still use some CCs but your game will be slower.
  • Options
    Burse_NikkiBurse_Nikki Posts: 21 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Anyone had similar issues?
  • Options
    Burse_NikkiBurse_Nikki Posts: 21 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Hey thanks for the reply. I decided to go with a complete re install of the base game. Besides the fact that I couldn't tell which were mods and which weren't, my kids had created heaps of self sims to populate the town while I was at work.

Hopefully a fresh install, an update, an install of the expansion pack, and the patch for it will do the trick !!!
  • Options
    zendenzenden Posts: 7
    edited December 2009
    I have the same problem, can you please let me know if it worked after you reinstalled the game.

Much appreciated
  • Options
    ejrussejruss Posts: 2 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Hi, I've got the exact same problem and I took the game back and swapped it and still had the same problem. I will try the re-installing and see how that works.

Thanks for the post
  • Options
    waffles99waffles99 Posts: 1
    edited January 2010
    The same exact thing happened to me. So if i re install sims 3 it will work???
  • Options
    martinigirl15martinigirl15 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Did re-installing work for anyone? I'm having the same problem.
  • Options
    OnthebrightsideOnthebrightside Posts: 1
    edited February 2010
    This is what happened to me too! Im so mad too b/c I bought the game and I can't return it b/c its open. Please if anyone knows how to fix this post it!! I really want to play this game!
  • Options
    SammyD13SammyD13 Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    so no answers??
    everyone just has the same problem??
    real nice EA..