Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you become Cursed?

I was able to quickly aquire a cursed sarcophogas and after sleeping in it for about three nights, my sim became a mummy. What I'm having trouble doing is gettig the mummy's curse to work. For ANY mummy, not just my sim.

Another sim I made lost at least 7 fights to 4 different mummies in an effort to get cursed- diddn't work. So I made ANOTHER sim into a mummy and had HIM repeatedly fight with the hapless victim. Again, after around 10 fights and no luck, I gave up.

Anyone know how to get a sim cursed? Can only special mummies do it? Do you have to have low energy? I'm kind of upset that I can't find out the color of a cursed ghost, and wonder if there is a glitch or something.

-Thanks in advance!

Comments

• savethetigers7121savethetigers7121 Posts: 2,057 Member
    edited November 2009
    why would you want to be cursed? the curse will kill your sim in 14 days if not cured. but if you must get cursed you must get in a fight with a mummy thats in a tomb not a sim that became one.
  • azreil1azreil1 Posts: 401 New Member
    edited November 2009
    How do you get a cursed sarcophogas ?
  • MooseLovinLadyMooseLovinLady Posts: 69 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I have the same problem! I have an adventure that requires me to get cursed & I have gotten in to a fight with every mummy possible. Still no curse...
  • MangizMangiz Posts: 62 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I got my sarcophagi just by collecting relics from tombs and dig sites in egypt (and one in france, strangely). THAT was the easy part. :roll:

I have a family of every colour ghost and a mummy. All I need to complete it is a mummy cursed ghost (still don't know the colour). Shame that sim-mummies can't curse people... that's annoying.

I'm now going to attempt to make a dungeon filled with mummy-spawning sarcophagi- see if a synchronized beating of the sim can knock a curse into him... Now I'm begining to pity the poor guy...
  • MangizMangiz Posts: 62 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Finally got him cursed. But that was WAY too hard. The 13th mummy that beat him up gave him a curse (ooh, 13! How unlucky!). The mummy was a female and came from a plain sarcophagus, though I doubt that matters.

If anyone needs/wants to get cursed, I suggest they likewise create some random basement with the tomb marker and tons of mummy spawning sarcophagi (just ctrl+shift the sarcophagus and click mummy spawn chance= always).
  • puppysrockpuppysrock Posts: 87 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I have the same problem! I have an adventure that requires me to get cursed & I have gotten in to a fight with every mummy possible. Still no curse...

I have that adveture too!!! I keep buying cursed surcauoghuses (or however you spell it!), but my sim has 10 martial arts points and 8 athletic points so it's almost impossible to get me cursed!!! :cry: The first time I tried she beat him and then he got swept up by a personal tornado and the next thing I knew his remains were in a little pile on the ground. So sad...
  • ricanrose85ricanrose85 Posts: 8
    edited December 2009
    I am stuck on that same adventure and I cant seem to get cursed. Should I make the basement in my home with the cursed sarcophagi? I have been trying for 3 days to get cursed... really irriating
  • xJacintaxxJacintax Posts: 5
    edited September 2010
    you have to have ambitions so look up on the internet: Sims 3 how to get cursed by mummy on ambitions. ) so yeah the color of a cursed is....grey. (i dont have ambitions though Ive seen it.) all i know is how to get vamp,robot and deathfish.
    :!: :!: lol. hope it did help a little.
  • Karu300Karu300 Posts: 437 Member
    edited September 2010
    azreil1 wrote:
    How do you get a cursed sarcophogas ?

You can collect fragements or something to build a sarcophogas. Or use Buydebug to buy one fully assembled and sleep in it. For like a long time I heard.
  • PEACHES327PEACHES327 Posts: 3,041 Member
    edited September 2010
    It took two solid nights' sleep for my sim to become a mummy. It wasn't long at all for me.
    There are also 2 sarcophagi in the lower level/basement of a mausoleum in the Egypt graveyard that my sim kept crawling into if I didn't watch her. If you're wanting to make a mummy, I would say try there.
    Please Visit My Sims 3 & 4 Blog! studiopeaches.blogspot.com
  • whtrbtwhtrbt Posts: 1,927 Member
    edited September 2010
    I have several sarcoghaphi at my Sim's house: 2 plain and 3 Kings.

I made a playable mummy using the canopic jar.

However, several of my sims try to sleep in the coffins. Are you saying that if they do, they will become mummies, too?
  • SmeeliaSmeelia Posts: 2,334 New Member
    edited October 2010
    whtrbt wrote:
    I have several sarcoghaphi at my Sim's house: 2 plain and 3 Kings.

I made a playable mummy using the canopic jar.

However, several of my sims try to sleep in the coffins. Are you saying that if they do, they will become mummies, too?

They will if it's the Cursed one (the time slept seems to accumulate as well so sleeping for an hour a day for a few weeks will probably work). I'm not sure if it affects NPCs though, I've had quite a few NPCs sleep in my Cursed Sarcophagus of Kings and none of them have become Mummies yet.
  • Wreck_DiverWreck_Diver Posts: 691 Member
    edited October 2010
    There is a mod called "Stronger and Fearsome Mummies - Multi-Flavours" on Mod The Sims that provides several mummy enhancements:
    "DIFFERENCES BETWEEN VARIOUS VERSIONS:

- DefaultMummies_IncreasedChanceOfCurse: This version has only an increased chance of being cursed by Tomb Mummies if your Sims lose against their attack. Their overall strength and abilities remain Maxis default.

- StrongerMummies_IncreasedChanceOfCurseLittle: This one has the base chance of being cursed increased by a little amount but Tomb Mummies will more likely win in a battle than default. You have to be Lv.10 Skill in Martial Arts and at least Lv.7-8 in Athletics for a rather good chance to win against them.

- VeryStrongMummies_IncreasedChanceOfCursed_High: This is the one I recommend to download. Mummies are indeed VERY strong and their base chance to win a battle is very high, even if your Sim has Lv.10 Skill in Martial Arts and Athletics. I suggest you to meditate before a fight, or to use a Sim with traits like "Lucky", or "Mean Spirited". Better if also with some special moodlets like "Sphinx Blessing" or "Oddly Powerful" to enhance your chances to win. You will get cursed if you lose 9 times out of 10. Again recommended this one.

- VeryStrongMummies_PrettyNoChanceOfCurse: This is exactly like the previous one, but with almost no chance of being cursed if you lose a fight with a Tomb Mummy (10% chance). Perfect if you want stronger mummies but no interest in their curse spreading =)

- DumbMummies: This is for anyone who doesn't like mummies at all. Their base chance of win is 1% (their athletic and martial arts skill is 1) and so does the chance of being cursed. Makes tomb mummies just an annoyance.

- MightyMummies_IncreasedToMaxChanceOfCursed: This will turn all Tomb Mummies to an impossible army of Undead. Their skills are maxed out. Their base chance of winning a fight is 99% and you WILL be cursed EVERY time you lose against them, which means ALWAYS. This is for all you Daredevils out there. See ya in Hell!

There is another package that is HIGHLY recommended if you download this mod, that lowers the Mummy's Curse countdown from 14 Days to 7 (it remembers me of "The Ring" lol). 14 Days are way too much for me. You can do a trip to the Sphinx like 10 times, manage to max out the Snake Charming Skill and get plenty of Snake kisses or to reconstruct 5 blessed sarcophagi. Well now you got to hurry, because the Mummy will come... "Seven Days"...

There's another package for you that changes the countdown to 3 Days. Again, this is just for the Daredevils."
    (Quote taken from shoni89P's file description)

This mod seemed precisely what I needed to finally get my Level 10 martial arts Sim cursed... unfortunately it seems compatable only through World Adventures 2.09 and I haven't been able to use it with World Adventures 2.10 as of yet. I've contacted shoni89P about the issue with WA 2.10 so hopefully there's an update soon.
    There but for the Grace of God go I.

http://www.facebook.com/PublicSafetyDiver
  • FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited October 2010
    Hey, at least your sim has the bandages for after he gets pummelled by the mummies.

"We're here to wrap... You up!"
  • havingsimsfun5havingsimsfun5 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited August 2013
    The mod sounds like a great idea! Is compatible with patch 1.55?
    Apart from that, your best chance to get cursed (with low martial arts skill) are the mummies in the sphinx's basement. If you dive in the "pools of darkness", as the sign calls black-watered dive wells, you will summon mummies one of which usually curses you.
    I tried the cursed sarcophagus (easy to spell - sarca which means flesh and ****** which means eater, don't get creeped out, that's what it means, flesh eater), I slept in it but it didn't get me cursed. You construct it by collecting fragments of it throughout the vacation worlds as the other guys here said. So I guess I didn't get cursed because I'm not patient enough to wait for an all-night long sleep.
    Before I mod-overpower the "bandage guys", I'll keep looking for a normal way to get cursed with maxed athletic and 8 Martial. Let me know if you find something!
    Happy simming :D
  • havingsimsfun5havingsimsfun5 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited August 2013
    I don't know why the page censored the word, ******* means eater up there in my comment.
  • Corwin_AlexanderCorwin_Alexander Posts: 533 Member
    edited August 2013
    I don't know why the page censored the word, ******* means eater up there in my comment.

Probably due to a similarity to a word that means cigarette in UK English and... how do I word this so it doesn't also get censored? Orientation in US English.
  • lexybgallexybgal Posts: 1
    edited January 2014
    The way I did it was by exploring one of the three black pools in the sphinx. Doing so spawns a mummy which you can then fight.