Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Extreme Movie Mansion (a project by BreanneStone, Allium, Peacemaker_ic, SimEve, & Anjubee)

AnjubeeAnjubee Posts: 1,935 Member
Hello!

A couple of us from the Flip Team decided to do a collaborative project for Fidler's Extreme Mansion Challenge. It was a huge undertaking and I think everything that could go wrong for each of us did, but we battled on and prevailed at the end!

The rationale to our build is that we wanted to utilize all of our strengths. We figured this type of lot would be the perfect fit for a project like this. Not only did we have SimEve's machinima and story-telling expertise, we also had great interior designers who have their own niches, so we did our best to showcase everyone's strengths.

Best if placed on 25 Summer Hill Court. At over 800k simoleans fully furnished, this extreme movie studio contains over 30 different sets and scenes for machinima and story tellers to use to create common scenes they may need for their stories.

Some important notes:
Since this is a massive lot, please only play this lot if you have a relatively decent system.

No custom content objects were used. The only CC on this lot are patterns from each person's own collection.

No premium store items were used except the ones that are FREE. Please take the time to download the free items if you haven't before entering this lot.

This lot is fully playable as a residential lot. However, since this is technically a movie studio, many of the sets have objects placed as props and are for decoration purposes only.

Link to asset: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1407632

Link to media (story by SimEve): http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=115809

extreme.png

bree.png

alli.png

peacy.png

simeve.png

anjubee.png

Special Thanks!
We would like to give big thanks to jisgr8 and RalphaelNinja for taking the time to test our lot to make sure everything functioned properly. <3

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2009
    Set Directory and Guide

setguide_midlevel.jpg

1) Entry Reception (Anjubee)
    2) Quaint Country Kitchen (BreanneStone)
    3) Tuscan Bedroom (BreanneStone)
    4) Traditional Office (BreanneStone)
    5) Victorian Parlor (Breannetone)
    6) Men's Trailer (SimEve)
    7) Women's Trailer (SimEve)
    8) Sound Stage (Anjubee)

9) Formal Garden (SimEve)
    10) Japanese Garden/Pond (Anjubee)

11) Teen Bedroom (Anjubee)
    12) Psycho Bathroom (SimEve)
    13) Bedroom Suite (Allium)
    14) Modern Bedroom (Peacemaker_ic)
    15) Modern Bathroom (Peacemaker_ic)
    16) Jail Cell (Anjubee)

17) Dance Studio (Allium)
    18) Upstairs of Baby's Store (Allium)
    19) Upstairs of Art Gallery (Allium)
    20) Upstairs of Bookstore (Peacemaker_ic)

setguide_bottomlevel.jpg

21) Modern Open Concept Great Room (Peacemaker_ic)
    22) The Green Room (SimEve)
    23) Alien's Nursery (SimEve)
    24) Screening Room (SimEve)

25) Underground Parking Garage (SimEve)

26) Outdoor Cafe (BreanneStone)
    27) Restaurant and Bar (BreanneStone)
    28) Psychiatrist's Office (Allium)
    29) Bottom Level of Baby's Store (Allium)
    30) Bottom Level of Art Gallery (Allium)
    31) Bottom Level of Bookstore (Peacemaker_ic)

setguide_toplevel.jpg

32) Traditional Library (BreanneStone)
  • Options
    RalphaelNinjaRalphaelNinja Posts: 1,461 Member
    edited October 2009
    Good job everyone!!
    Good job on the coordination Anju!!

This is one awesome lot!!

D&R&F!!
    Ralphael%20Creations%202_zpsiovmt0hx.jpg
  • Options
    SimEveSimEve Posts: 4,772 Member
    edited October 2009
    Yay! We made it! Great job on putting everything together Anju! Fidlerten would be proud of your showcasing skills... :mrgreen:
  • Options
    jisgr8jisgr8 Posts: 837 New Member
    edited October 2009
    Holy mother of all crazy big, hugely creative, and ginormously fantastic lots! I'm thrilled you guys persevered and got it uploaded and your work has totally paid off. I'll definitely use this lot if I ever get into making machinima. I wish I could have been on the team...that's what I get for breaking my PC. flip! hehe love that part

J :mrgreen:
  • Options
    MmyokoMmyoko Posts: 1,881 New Member
    edited October 2009
    Dude.
    Breath-taking.

Will have to film it sometime.
    Very awesome, good luck in the competition guys - all of my team (inclusive of myself) had to pull out... so hope you win! Good stuff guys!

- Mmyoko out.
  • Options
    lindaylinday Posts: 1,332 Member
    edited October 2009
    Oh my god this thing is huge! I could never ever play this lot... But it's awesome! Great to see all your strenghts and styles blended together, there's a huge amount of creativity going on in this... A rec for sure!
  • Options
    peacemaker_icpeacemaker_ic Posts: 1,878 Member
    edited October 2009
    mmyoko you make us blush. it was tough for all of us and althought it was a pain at times it turned out brilliantly. i was happy to be a part of it. also you never know it might be perfect for one of your movies

linday it is huge. if we could build community lots like TS2 it would be perfect for that. i think everything flows like you mentioned, it turned out well

simeve i also have to add how amazing the story was but i have to ask a few things. was i the obvious one to put in the jail cell? what AM i doing outside that bedroom? and in the dance studio are all of you giving me googly eyes :? :shock: :lol:

so glad we got it finished.
  • Options
    valennealvvalennealv Posts: 641 New Member
    edited October 2009
    Wow. A truly stunning lot with so much detail applied to all of it.

What an AWESOME and AMAZING effort by some of the most talented SIms 3 builders out there. Still speechless..

:shock:

valennealv
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited October 2009
    Wow guys! You have really done it! The mansion is simply gorgeous and very very grand! Love each and every aspect of it - both exterior and interior! I would definitely recommend it once the site is normal again! For some reason, whenever I try to recommend a lot today the download page is not opening at all! Weird! Hope the problem is resoloved later in the day!
  • Options
    garbuckle3000garbuckle3000 Posts: 1,840 New Member
    edited October 2009
    I'm completely blown away!

Now I don't fancy my chances at all in the challenge!!! :D lol
  • Options
    AmoebiusAmoebius Posts: 2,577 New Member
    edited October 2009
    AMAZING !

My favorite is the Ballet trainingsroom so easy and simple !
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Peacy! :lol: You were the only male so you got picked on a lot lol! Prisoner- males dominate the prison system... Slumber Party- You were just listening, of course! And yes, we were giving dance instructor Peacy googly eyes! I always forget that the story maker makes everything tiny and blurry! Blaagh! :mrgreen:
    MmYoko- I would have made a movie if my computer wasn't ancient! I just got a new one too, lol, just not in time! Sorry you guys had to back out of the competiton!
    Garbuckle-No way! You're mansion is awesome!
  • Options
    celt_geminicelt_gemini Posts: 1 New Member
    edited October 2009
    Just downloaded it and I must say it works like a charm. A tribute to your magnificently coordinated abilities and talents.

Special mention must be made to the Victorian themed rooms... Breathtaking!
    Many congratulations!
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    ty celt_gemini- BreanneStone did a beautiful job on the Victorian room didn't she?
  • Options
    pinkkittyrokzpinkkittyrokz Posts: 1,192 Member
    edited October 2009
    wow! absolutely breathtaking. Everything is just perfect. I would download it but I don't think my computer will work well with it.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    pinky: Don't blame ya! I have a pretty good system, so it runs fine, but placing that thing on the neighborhood and saving takes ages!

celt_gemini: Appreciate you stopping in the thread to endorse the lot! We seemed to have claimed your post virginity! :twisted:

Moe: Alli went on vacation, but that dance studio is totally fab, so on her behalf, I give you a kitty.

evil-kitty.jpg

garbuckle: We knew there was going to be some amazing mansions like you did, so of course, we had to take it in another direction!

yanti68: Thank you, dahling!

valen: Aren't I lucky that they agreed to be on my team? :lol: I wouldn't have been able to pull it off otherwise! This turned out 100x better than what I originally planned.

peacy: That jail cell is yucky! You wouldn't want us to get our pretty dresses dirty now, right?

linday: Thanks!

Mmookie: <3

J: :mrgreen: Thanks for all your help again. Not only with the testing, but the diagrams. You know how I <3 those diagrams.

Ralphie: Thanks for all your help too and putting up with my moodiness with the lot. =p
  • Options
    FadedNoveltyFadedNovelty Posts: 401 Member
    edited October 2009
    Amazing mansion! I don't think mansion's the right word for it, it's way too big and impressive to be called just a mansion :-P I'd download it but I don't think my tiny brain could handle the awesomeness :mrgreen::)
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    fadednovelty: lol! I'm sure your brain will handle it just fine. Now for your computer, that may be a different story! :shock:
  • Options
    darkside266darkside266 Posts: 2,077 Member
    edited October 2009
    I think you guys all did a wonderful job..Now if i only had a team myself..LOL
  • Options
    FuryRedFuryRed Posts: 1,922 Member
    edited October 2009
    Can I just say I lurrrvvveee this house slash mansion slash awesomeness :D
    pjgnHbb.jpg
  • Options
    lkadaslkadas Posts: 453 New Member
    edited October 2009
    wooooooooooooooooooooooooow. :shock: I am speechless.... This is truly a masterpeice! Such a creative idea! Great job guys :thumbup:
  • Options
    PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    edited October 2009
    I really loved the whole movie set idea you guys did here. Awesome entry peoples. :D
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• Options
    BreanneStoneBreanneStone Posts: 831 New Member
    edited October 2009
    Wow! I finally got a chance to check in and see that you've got everything covered here, Anju!! Thank you so much to everyone for all of the lovely comments! You are all so very sweet! :oops:

Evie: I LOVE that story!! I had to laugh at so many parts of it...The slumber party had me laughing. Peacey at the door, listening...Ha!! And the jail cell and dance room scene. Poor Peacey got the bad end of the whole deal, didn't he? I guess that's what happens when the girls gang up on you and you're the only guy on the team, lol.
    Just downloaded it and I must say it works like a charm. A tribute to your magnificently coordinated abilities and talents.

Special mention must be made to the Victorian themed rooms... Breathtaking!
    Many congratulations!

It was the bumblebee chairs that got you, wasn't it? Come on...admit it now. Buuuuumblebee chairs...

Lol, thank you so much for the wonderful compliment! Anju did a smashing job on the reception room as well with the Victorian furniture, didn't she?

I had a really fun time working on this with all of the other team members. It was very neat to watch it all come together (and almost fall apart) at the end. That's one gigantic lot!
  • Options
    SuperPogimonSuperPogimon Posts: 2,429 Member
    edited October 2009
    :shock: WOW.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................just WOW! :shock:
  • Options
    MerryWiddowMerryWiddow Posts: 4,262 Member
    edited October 2009
    Absolutely awesome. I'm quaking in my boots. Wow.