Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hopes for Romance EXP.

Bren91Bren91 Posts: 309 Member
1. A lot more romance interactions that effect gameplay
2. Honeymoons that come with a hotel feature
3. A romance paradise world
4. Turns on and turn offs - more added to the sexual orientation aspect of the game. Turn on and turn offs that include personality traits and physical attributes such as a sim that prefers blondes over dark hair.
5. New moodlets, emotions, types of relationships types that have to do with romance.
6. A lot more outfits and CAS items for date night and romance. Including hair/jewelry etc…
7. More build items such as the heart hot tub and heart bed
8. Cupid or some kind of small occult added for romance gameplay
9. Online dating
10. Romance anniversaries
This is an expansion pack so I think since it is it should add a lot more depth to romance and gameplay. My worry is that it’s just focused on a romance destination but since it’s an expansion. It should expand romance at the depth of all gameplay.

Comments

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,468 Member
    edited May 13
    Generally EP are described by 3 main features, it could be simply :
    • "Romantic Compatibility" (Likes & Dislikes)
    • Zodiac signs / Fortune teller career
    • Dating app
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 464 Member
    Matchmaker NPC would be awesome.

I will now need to re-read all descriptions of the last 3 EPs to look for hints.
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 588 Member
    I don't like the idea of zodiac signs and romance in the Sims 4. It worked in the first two iterations of the franchise, where zodiac signs functioned as shorthand for personality types. Sims 4 personality structure, on the other hand, doesn't lend itself to zodiac signs, so the signs would just be this completely meaningless characteristic.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,594 Member
    Eleri wrote: »
    I don't like the idea of zodiac signs and romance in the Sims 4. It worked in the first two iterations of the franchise, where zodiac signs functioned as shorthand for personality types. Sims 4 personality structure, on the other hand, doesn't lend itself to zodiac signs, so the signs would just be this completely meaningless characteristic.

Maybe the zodiac signs, if they add them, could just add some extra points to compatibility and help sims get along better, or not. Or maybe it could affect the moodlets and how long they last. But I couldn't see any hint towards a zodiac system in the roadmap.
  • Options
    LJKLJK Posts: 272 Member
    edited May 13
    Here's mine:
    • More romantic animations, especially in regards to physical touch. Cuddling, hand-holding, dancing, kissing the forehead, etc. Animations must not be super childish. My Sims are adults. I'd like for them to act like it.
    • Some form of an attraction system. Sims require more complex reasons to find another Sim more attractive than the other besides both Sims being in the Flirty emotion.
    • One-sided relationships, such as crushes. For example, a new moodlet could be something like "Unsure" and it makes a Sim tense around a Sim they like, wondering if their crush likes them. Could also be a random moodlet, wondering why the Sim they like and just recently went out on a date with hasn't called/texted. Or perhaps this could be a part of the Jealous trait. Jealous and Romantic could get extra features.
    • Ability to ask your Sim's friend to set them up with their crush or a random Sim.
    • More varied dates. Currently, there's only one kind and it's quite dull.
    • Ability to set two Sims in CAS as Boyfriend/Girlfriend. Shouldn't require mods to set 2 Sims to be in a romantic relationship outside of marriage.
    • Better cheating system. In TS3, gossip would spread and your partner could find out through gossip. It would also become more difficult to romance other Sims as it would become known that you're a player. In TS4, it's very easy to cheat.
    • Specialized moodlets for certain occults romancing each other. It'd be great if a funny moodlet came up if your Werewolf Sim ended up crushing on a Vampire.
    • If new traits were ever going to be introduced, how about an Obsessive trait? These Sims could think about their crush all the time and form crushes easily. Cross-pack compatibility could be added with Get Famous. Such Sims can also not care if your Sim is already in a relationship.

However, with how EPs have been recently, and other various reasons, my expectations are very low. Still, it'd be nice if at least some of these came with the pack and were done well.
  • Options
    HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 325 Member
    I hope this will have more animations - more cuddling, more kisses, table top proposals, etc. For EP pricing, we need more than just another sim phone app for dating (another UI screen) or a chemistry system that is just little symbols on a picture that will barely affect autonomy. The last EP was basically a build pack - I really want actual gameplay from this.
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,143 Member
    • I'd love a well thought out and detailed dating app. You'd be able to see details about sims (likes, dislikes, traits, woo hoo preference, etc), set up different kinds of dates (even days ahead), and there might even be a chance of being catfished (details or even photo may not match up with the sim who shows up).
    • An attraction system that allows you to choose who your sims are attracted to. It should be a nice blend of both physical and personality preferences and could tie in the woo hoo and romantic preferences as well.
    • Better dates. Date goals should be based on where you go for your date (a date to the beach should have a date goal of kissing in the water, the library could focus of deep conversations, etc.). Also, your sim should be able to order their love interest food from all locations, as right now my sim will order a coffee at a cafe or a bubble tea and their date will just sit there and watch them eat.
    • More romantic interactions. Cuddling and making out on the bed, more intimate hugs and kisses, holding hands when near each other, sitting on each others laps, and of course a lot more romantic sentiments.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,551 Member
    edited May 14
    Here is one most people are overlooking that I hope is added. More romantic phone and camera poses with couples eg in TS3 they had a phone pose that showed two sims kissing each other on the lips. I also hope they add more romantic poses to the photobooth that came with High School Years.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,204 Member
    Heartshape Bed & Hotel PLEASE. ;)
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,121 Member
    I am hoping for:
    • Hotels
    • Online Dating
    • An attraction system
    • New animations and interactions
    • Parisian style world
    • Other sims can set you up
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,753 Member
    I don't really miss a chemistry system now that we have the likes/dislike system, which I like a lot. There are several romantic options there. Besides I think chemistry is very individual and more than *use perfume*, *red hair, yay* and *is skilled in cooking* (looking at you TS2). We already have so many peersonal variabkles and I'm afraid that lokes/dislikes + chemistry would be too much for my sims to handle. Likes/dislikes would need to affect relations anyway.

Perhaps they could alter the relations. Today we have friends and romances, but I think there could be a little more added to it. Maybe a sim could pick at least one "romantic interest" even if they never flirted? In my own life there were several romantic focuses who I never got a real chance to talk to, and definitely not to flirt with. This kind of romanic interest is lacking in TS4.

I also think there could be a wider consequence when say breaking up. In RL friends of your ex might even turn away. I'd also welcome a twist where the ex' new partner would not easily become your next best friend. Such mechanismes might add to the game in a way that we never saw before.

I would also like the game to define clearly what it means by Romantic. In RL I think f a romantic person to love candles, flowers, close relations etc, while I often think the game defines Romantic as being more or less a gold digger or flirty woohoo machine going for 100 kids with unknown fathers ;). Those two are definitely two different personalities.

I can't really think of many romantic features that we do not already have. I can build romantic restaurants, create my own wedding bouquet, I have tons of outfits with romantic details (being sweet laces or exposed bellies). We have tons of events with MWS. My sim can even craft the proposal ring. Being able to propose by a restaurant table might be a good thing, but definitely not enough to make me pay for an EP.

Excited to learn more!
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    The Henford Hen says there are no hotels in this pack but get aways are still possible with rentals.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,653 Member
    edited May 14
    Here's mine wants and hopes.
    1. Online Dating
    2. Match Maker makes a return from the Sims 2
    3. A Sim set you up for a blind Date
    4. Speed Dating
    5. One Night Stands
    6. Casual to Exclusive Dating
    7. Finally Woohoo partner will work.
    8. A Sim gets Catfished
    9. A Sim gets Ghosted
    10. A Sim gets stood up.
    11. Turn on and turn off
    12. Chemistry
    13. The Zodiac
    14. Holding hands while walking autonomously or with player initiated.
    15. Walking Arm and Arm same applies to walking hand in hand.
    16. Bring Make out back
    17. Heart Shaped Bed and Hot Tub
    18. Different Date spot other then a bar or restaurant or Nightclub, have a bowling date, Go on a hike date, go to the movies date if you don't want to go on a date go on rabbit hole date it may work may not work.
    19. Cuddling on bed and couch player initiated or autonomously.
    20. Sitting on lap or putting head on shoulder
    21. Dancing together like they did in Sims 2.
    22. Surprise Proposal and have Sims react to the proposal it's weird that NPC can react to a fight but not a proposal and the Sims family had an awkward conversation over a relative getting proposed to.
    23. Honeymoons.
    24. Gameplay for teens
    25. Gameplay for Seniors they need love too.
    Post edited by Briana2425 on
  • Options
    Areeds23Areeds23 Posts: 28 Member
    My Wants and hopes:
    Attraction system
    Online Dating
    New events: Anniversaries and Honeymoons
    New Lot Type: Hotels/Resorts: You can build them and stay there, but I don't want them to be too buggy like for rent.
    Heart Shaped Bed and Hot tub
    New world: Brazil, caribbean, or somewhere tropical
    New types of Woohoo spots: In the pool, fountains, etc.
    New death types: Loneliness, heartbreak
    Zodiac signs
    Chemistry
    Having multiple relationships at one time
    cuddling and other new interactions in bed or on couches or any other furniture piece
    Make out sessions
    Entertainers that pop out of cakes and do dances at home
    speed dating
    Holding hands
    New career: Matchmaker or love guru.
    One night stands
  • Options
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    1. Online Dating
    2. Match Maker makes a return from the Sims 4.
    4. Speed Dating
    5. One Night Stands
    8. A Sim gets Catfished
    9. A Sim gets Ghosted
    10. A Sim gets stood up.
    11. Turn on and turn off
    12. Chemistry
    13. The Zodiac
    16. Bring Make out back
    18. Different Date spot other then a bar or restaurant or Nightclub, have a bowling date, Go on a hike date, go to the movies date if you don't want to go on a date go on rabbit hole date it may work may not work.
    22. Surprise Proposal and have Sims react to the proposal it's weird that NPC can react to a fight but not a proposal and the Sims family had an awkward conversation over a relative getting proposed to.
    23. Honeymoons.
    24. Gameplay for teens

Sims use to set our sims up if they had a high enough reputation. That no longer happens. It was probably broke in an update.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,653 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    1. Online Dating
    2. Match Maker makes a return from the Sims 4.
    4. Speed Dating
    5. One Night Stands
    8. A Sim gets Catfished
    9. A Sim gets Ghosted
    10. A Sim gets stood up.
    11. Turn on and turn off
    12. Chemistry
    13. The Zodiac
    16. Bring Make out back
    23. Honeymoons.
    24. Gameplay for teens

Sims use to set our sims up if they had a high enough reputation. That no longer happens. It was probably broke in an update.

I know hopefully it's more fleshed out like with woohoo partners that never worked for my sim maybe one time then it never worked after that so hopefully with this pack it's more fleshed out.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,617 Member
    1.) Proper attraction system that is good.
    2.) Online dating feature that works.
    3.) A better romance system. If you're not committed, sims shouldn't get jealous imo. And there should be option for open relationships.
    4.) More romantic socials/animations.
    5.) More proposal options/animations.
  • Options
    MsMayMsMay Posts: 443 Member
    edited May 14
    I would like a New Romantic interaction called “Giving Chocolate Candy” of Sim A giving heart shaped box chocolate candy to Sim B as a gift to eat it in the Romantic Pack. And maybe bring back the interaction feature of “Giving Flowers” like in “The Sims 3 Generation”, we need more romantic rose flowers interaction in the sims 4. For Explain here:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1l-VNoMlIOc&amp;pp=ygUqR2l2ZSBmbG93ZXIgdG8gc2ltcyBpbiB0aGUgc2ltcyBnZW5lcmF0aW9u
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,338 Member
    A townie NPC filter in settings because I don't romance generated townies. I can imagine them clogging up the dating pool if we get online dating.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,240 Member
    The Henford Hen says there are no hotels in this pack but get aways are still possible with rentals.

Are you talking about upcoming ep? Do you have a link that says no hotels or is this just a guess on their part?
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    MsMay wrote: »
    I would like a New Romantic interaction called “Giving Chocolate Candy” of Sim A giving heart shaped box chocolate candy to Sim B as a gift to eat it in the Romantic Pack. And maybe bring back the interaction feature of “Giving Flowers” like in “The Sims 3 Generation”, we need more romantic rose flowers interaction in the sims 4. For Explain here:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1l-VNoMlIOc&amp;pp=ygUqR2l2ZSBmbG93ZXIgdG8gc2ltcyBpbiB0aGUgc2ltcyBnZW5lcmF0aW9u

This.
  • Options
    edited May 14
    Deleted.
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 588 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Maybe the zodiac signs, if they add them, could just add some extra points to compatibility and help sims get along better, or not. Or maybe it could affect the moodlets and how long they last.

That's what I mean when I say "meaningless." The Growing Together compatibility system is based on the idea that a person is drawn to certain personalities. That makes sense. In real life, astrological types don't believe that zodiac signs affect romance and friendship just because. They believe the zodiac affects relationships indirectly by affecting personalities. I think the existing compatibility system is all we need in that department.

Now I wouldn't mind it if they added turn-ons to the game, perhaps based on physical appearance, fashion, skills or careers. Maybe one person could be into red-headed musicians. Another person goes for the polished dresser who can cook.
    ccfcb578-3a3d-403e-8c17-f77e89c07562_text.gif

I would want these to specifically affect romance-building rather than friendship. That way it's possible for a sim to be turned on to someone that they don't really like (this can happen irl).

-No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,240 Member
    Although it would need cross pack function this would be so romantic.

SSQyTEy.jpeg
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,540 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    Although it would need cross pack function this would be so romantic.

SSQyTEy.jpeg

I can see EA doing this as a rabbit hole activity. But I would love to actually see my sims ride in a horse carriage. Never done this in real life but it looks so romantic.