Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Rent Negative thread

Comments

• Options
    nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 196 Member
    edited December 2023
    I bought a whole residential rental after initially moving in as a tenant and I've never had any maintenance or emergency event as a landlord yet (such as power outage requiring me to have to go to renters apartments and such), is it a known bug?
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 865 Member
    I have decided to uninstall TS4 again for the time being :# This pack release, the major bugs and issues, I feel like i'm in a toxic relationship, but with TS4 :D Doing this for my own peace for now and sticking to TS3,medieval and other games that are not Sims-related. If they ever release a fairies or hotels pack, then I may peek back into these kinds of threads lol.
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,946 Member

So I'm really unhappy with buying this expansion pack. If you're not playing as a landlord or tenet and you have the lot challenge maintenance troubles the events are text and not programed. I can say this is how they designed the lot challenge because the ending text would not exist if it wasn't intentionally designed this way.

Proof.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3125354671
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3125352907
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,206 Member
    I played pretty steady for about two weeks and I'm now very bored. There is no challenge as a landlord, because technically you can just wait and watch your rating go up. I have zero interest in playing as a tenant or playing with multiple households on one lot. The events are a pain and seem to repeat, so I don't think you ever see ALL of the events. The secrets exposed are useless and do nothing to enhance gameplay. I'm currently waiting on the mod community to help this pack out because there is just not much gameplay here.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,021 Member
    Goth583 wrote: »
    I played pretty steady for about two weeks and I'm now very bored. There is no challenge as a landlord, because technically you can just wait and watch your rating go up. I have zero interest in playing as a tenant or playing with multiple households on one lot. The events are a pain and seem to repeat, so I don't think you ever see ALL of the events. The secrets exposed are useless and do nothing to enhance gameplay. I'm currently waiting on the mod community to help this pack out because there is just not much gameplay here.

The only game play I really wanted was to be able to have my sims move in as tenants and rent. I just wanted to be able to design some rentals, and download some rentals for my sims to live in apartments or townhomes in different towns. I will try events in my practice save, but if they are too overwhelming, I will turn events off.
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 716 Member
    What I want is appatments above stores or cafe or bar. I have watched a lot of Lets play on You Tube. The animal sanctuary as a rabbithole is a big disappointment. I do not count chance cards as gameplay. The world is lovely but empty and only decor. I am not buying it even with a sale. have to admit that the CAS and build buy are lovely though.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,745 Member
    Ziafar wrote: »
    What I want is appatments above stores or cafe or bar. I have watched a lot of Lets play on You Tube. The animal sanctuary as a rabbithole is a big disappointment. I do not count chance cards as gameplay. The world is lovely but empty and only decor. I am not buying it even with a sale. have to admit that the CAS and build buy are lovely though.

You can have a "community" service on the ground floor! I don't think it will attract NPCs not belonging to the lot, but with a certain number of rental units and if ground floor is shared space, I assume neighbors will hang out there. Sims not living on the lot can go there too, depending on community service you can use the club system to bring in more visitors. I added a café in one rental build, the barista NPC could be called for to no cost. In one build I have a gym in the basement, I don't really mind if my visiting sim is the only one working out there. I also have stores and studios mainly for story telling (retail won't work), but it is not very hard adding at least one activity object making your visit worth while. Could be perfect if a sim renting one of the units actually exhibit their art in a ground floor gallery, that they might even run. I did not yet experiment with the salestable/wall (from City Living), but I do expect them to work in shared space, attracting those groups of 3 NPC customers.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 716 Member
    That is interesting @simmerville
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,854 Member
    As a warning , I regret trying to drop Oasis Spring apartments on the Burners and Builders lot. One if never functioned as a residental rental properly and two, now I cant use the lot because the lot if broken. I cant use it for a gym, I cant use it as a residence, I cant use it for anything. I'm so upset.
    It's just broken and a huge real estate lot in a nice area. I had so many plans and I have been for the past 10 days just trying to iron out all the quirks to set up.
  • Options
    LeucosiaX wrote: »
    As a warning , I regret trying to drop Oasis Spring apartments on the Burners and Builders lot. One if never functioned as a residential rental properly and two, now I cant use the lot because the lot if broken. I cant use it for a gym, I cant use it as a residence, I cant use it for anything. I'm so upset.
    It's just broken and a huge real estate lot in a nice area. I had so many plans and I have been for the past 10 days just trying to iron out all the quirks to set up.

Did you remove all details regarding rental agreement and unit trait/challenge settings before reverting the lot from "residential rental"? Were all renting households evicted and all assigned units removed? I'm not sure, but I think some conflicts might be caused by the lot actually not being technically "clean" before reverting category. Also, I guess it's safer to revert to plain residential *before* changing to any other lot category. I wonder if a lot can be re-categorized more easily if everything was reset like it was the second we changed the category from plain residential to rental residential. Just speculations from my side, though.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I feel lucky that I'm not experiencing any major issues or bugs with this pack. Guess it's time to start making backups as I go, though. I know eventually something is going to happen and I'd hate for my current save to get corrupted.

I haven't really played with the landlord or tenant system. I already had a bunch of apartments and townhouses in my game that I converted to residential rentals and filled with more families. No lot owner so a random NPC is the landlord. No rules, they don't mess with my sims for anything. I've been playing and building non-stop since this ones release and it's definitely my second favorite pack for the value it added to my game.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,538 Member
    As a warning , I regret trying to drop Oasis Spring apartments on the Burners and Builders lot. One if never functioned as a residential rental properly and two, now I cant use the lot because the lot if broken. I cant use it for a gym, I cant use it as a residence, I cant use it for anything. I'm so upset.

Did you remove all details regarding rental agreement and unit trait/challenge settings before reverting the lot from "residential rental"? Were all renting households evicted and all assigned units removed? I'm not sure, but I think some conflicts might be caused by the lot actually not being technically "clean" before reverting category. Also, I guess it's safer to revert to plain residential *before* changing to any other lot category. I wonder if a lot can be re-categorized more easily if everything was reset like it was the second we changed the category from plain residential to rental residential. Just speculations from my side, though.

I wonder if there could be a way for the devs to create a "reset lot" cheat, like the "reset Sim" one we have, that would just make a lot blank/empty with a default setting of regular residential.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    I usually have a fairly bug free game and don't generally visit the negative threads but I have to admit the inability to easily switch lots from RR to residential and back again is extremely frustrating. I've had a few saves maybe not "corrupted" but a few things have happened that have made them kind of unplayable. Instead I've had to restart my template save from scratch, this time leaving everything that will eventually be a RR as a residential for now until the bugs are worked out.

I have every pack so redoing my template save takes weeks!
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »

I wonder if there could be a way for the devs to create a "reset lot" cheat, like the "reset Sim" one we have, that would just make a lot blank/empty with a default setting of regular residential.

A Reset function would be great! Not necessarily as a cheat, but it could be available in the lot/unit management UI. There is a square symbol to click to include all units to the 1st unit (?), but resetting all would also remove settings etc. I'm sure hey will look into this somehow, and make changes needed to avoid the corrupted lots. I hope they will also inform us what did cause the corruption, I'm refraining playing rental units for now, because I can't risk my save to go bad, so it would be useful knowing exactly what the problem is - maybe regular playing is not the culprit at all.
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 925 Member
    It just bad when a elder sim dies is no way to rent the apt again.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,098 Member
    As a warning , I regret trying to drop Oasis Spring apartments on the Burners and Builders lot. One if never functioned as a residental rental properly and two, now I cant use the lot because the lot if broken. I cant use it for a gym, I cant use it as a residence, I cant use it for anything. I'm so upset.

@LeucosiaX @Simmerville it's a bug
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-FR-Stuck-on-Residential-Rental-Lot-type/td-p/13291850
    LiELF wrote: »

Now that is a great idea @LiELF !
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,854 Member
    edited January 4
    ty @mightysprite I marked me too successfully for 1st time and I posted a quasi solution which only sometimes works. if you can bulldoze it, not always possible, but if, change lot type to generic, and then drop generic or another build from gallery of another venue type, and they ask you if you want it as the other venue type, click yes the other venue type, than from then on- if from the gallery, not your library, it usually sticks. I fixed burner and build gym that way and I have resorted to keeping it a gym - and the original gym- even though that was the first build I ever replaces playing.

I ran into that problem again in Britechester trying to set up a 2nd set of row of townhouses, and not so lucky then to reset the venue type - I had to resort to older save. I posted on that forum, that we should be able to change the venue type when we want to drop new builds because it being locked to residential rental is what makes it so difficult and buggy.

I've taken a rest from setting up more residential lots, but I recommend you edit them as regular residential. I also saw a stream say there is a big ordeal with furnished apartments because if the tenant leaves, you have to find the furniture in the inventory and set it back up. So I will moving forward only have the bare minimum, as in bathroom, kitchen, and more than likely have the tenant never leave- as if the sim scored a rent stabilized place irl.
  • Options
    edited January 7
    My daughter and I are both having problems changing Residential rental lots back to residential too. I play on a gaming laptop and she on PlayStation. Also, I noticed that the lot I downloaded to test has the huge rental, of millions or billions of dollars. But, I haven’t played as a land lord, and have only played one family in a rental in Tomarang. The rest has been checking out others rentals.

I would love to be able to play my main save, but am afraid to till they fix this issue with not being able to change lot types and have them work.

I know it can’t be mods or CC because I don’t use them, and my daughter can’t because she is on PlayStation.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,199 Member
    I still don't like that the Tomarang Residential Rental Lots can't be changed. I think they have been programmed like Special Lots. Very annoying. :(
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,322 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I still don't like that the Tomarang Residential Rental Lots can't be changed. I think they have been programmed like Special Lots. Very annoying. :(

What??
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,157 Member
    I face the residential bug too, where I made the mistake to change the lot with owners still live on it which was part of the story. That save is corrupted now, I can't play any sims in that save, it crashed while loading. Basically the only way to prevent that bug in advance is to moveout any sims before changing the lot type in buildmode. That works somehow. I really hope they will find a solution soon.
  • Options
    edited January 15
    Daravi wrote: »
    I face the residential bug too, where I made the mistake to change the lot with owners still live on it which was part of the story. That save is corrupted now, I can't play any sims in that save, it crashed while loading. Basically the only way to prevent that bug in advance is to moveout any sims before changing the lot type in buildmode. That works somehow. I really hope they will find a solution soon.

You can get the residential bug without even having anyone live in an apartment, or having an owner yet. I just downloaded someone’s lot that was residential rental, went into build mode to change a few things and tried to change it to residential without playing any sim. It looks like it works, it looks like you can change it, it says residential when you change it, but if you save it and get out, then get back in the game and try to download a residential it won’t let you, even if you have bulldozed the lot.

Some people have the property owner dier too, and csn’t sell it.

It is a wide ranging bug.

My daughter thinks it might be because you change it without first removing all the lot traits for each unit and without first removing the amount of bedrooms and bathrooms from each lot,
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,570 Member
    Does anyone know if there's an issue with the bartenders and Tomarang? They don't seem to spawn in my game, neither in the Screaming Geeko lounge lot, nor in a new karaoke bar I built. In the original lounge lot they seem to have added a mini fridge, maybe to make up for the lack of bartender and food but that's not an acceptable solution.
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,037 Member
    @crocobaura There's a game bug that's been around for a while--not just related to For Rent--but might be triggered again with its installation.

Here's some info and a workaround:
    From luthienring-EA Help NOT a Mod Problem: Customer-service NPCs (such as bartenders, librarians) not spawning at venues and not hirable and you own Get Famous. This is not caused by mods. It’s a bug that occurs when “Sims Begin Opted Out of Fame” is selected in Gameplay Options. WORKAROUND: Untick the box, load the venue to let the NPC generate at their workplace, then you can tick the box again.
    [WORKAROUND] [GF] Customer Service NPCs Don't Spawn on Community Lots
    No Staff NPCs on community lots-Crinrict's Sims 4 Help Blog

These mods (using different approaches) might help too:
    Auto Employees | Custom Lot Trait-LittleMsSam
    Free Hire NPC (On Community Lots)-Robin
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,589 Member
    https://youtu.be/Wmtd4E9UZfs?si=eJ5CSs42qtMxbUbZ
    As a long term Sims games lover, this literally breaks my heart. The more so as EA don't even acknowledge what is going on.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen