We have a new survey live for you to provide feedback on the new EA forums! Click here to read more.
March 1st - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Share Your Horse Ranch Builds!

SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
Weee another EP is on the way, and while I do have some things to criticize, I can't lie about the fact that I've been wanting to have horses in my game for quite some time and - to me personally - this world looks way better to live in than the one that came with CL :sweat_smile:

But ANYWAY this isn't about my opinions, I'm more so excited to see everyone's new farms and horse ranch builds! So I do hope y'all don't mind sharing your beautiful builds again starting tomorrow.

In the meantime, feel free to browse the awesome things simmers have made for Cottage Living, Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Island Living, and Discover University. Or look at some renovated apartments here.

Happy Horse Ranch day, everyone!
ts4-official-screens-01-002-16x9.png.adapt.1456w.png

Comments

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited July 2023
    I'm thinking of finally building a vet clinic again; just feels like Chestnut needs one even if the horses will never go there lmao. But still, it's a relatively new save and somehow this pack motivates me to actually put some effort into this world
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    I'm thinking of finally building a vet clinic again; just feels like Chestnut needs one even if the horses will never go there lmao. But still, it's a relatively new save and somehow this pack motivates me to actually put some effort into this world

You know, in theory... even if the new vet treats from the general store can't be created by our sims with the vet clinic objects... you could have your vet sim buy a ton of them and put them into the fridge at the clinic to sell alongside the treats that they do make. Might be a bit convoluted, but could make certain stories a bit more immersive. Or save a few minutes, say, if you wanted to buy treats for your dog and your horse at the same time.
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »

You know, in theory... even if the new vet treats from the general store can't be created by our sims with the vet clinic objects... you could have your vet sim buy a ton of them and put them into the fridge at the clinic to sell alongside the treats that they do make. Might be a bit convoluted, but could make certain stories a bit more immersive. Or save a few minutes, say, if you wanted to buy treats for your dog and your horse at the same time.

I like this idea, thanks for the suggestion :D
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,003 Member
    edited July 2023
    I didn't have much time, since I'm watching the kids today. But here's a quick boarding home I made. Sims rent a room and stay for as long as they like.
    vZCLRq6.png
    pHfXHEJ.png
    MPC4wlW.png
    35GMeLH.png

The idea is that you come and check in at the front desk. You have a communal living room and a kitchen anyone can use. I'll add more furniture and decor as people pass by. In my head, people will leave collectibles, and the owner (Sienna whateverherlastname, Idk because I just moved her out for the space) puts them on display as a reminder of all the good people who used to live there.

I left the furniture bare since I wanted to move the sims in first, then figure out what they'd put in their rooms once I got to flesh them out some more.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    Oh I like it, v pretty, esp given the fact that you don't have a lot of time!
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    So, the world is gorgeous, as expected. I am having one frustration with Galloping Gulch, though, and I am hoping one of you creative people can help me find a workaround:

I really love both the Big Sky and Palomino Junction builds. However, I don't love them on the lots they are on, and think they would be much better switched out. I.e., I would like the raggedy little cabin on Palomino Junction moved to the Big Sky lot, and the nice cabin on the BS lot moved to the bigger PJ lot.

The first one is easy. I just save a copy of the PJ lot, bulldoze the BS lot, and then add the PJ lot to the BS lot. I'm not worried about moving the landscaping over, so I can just center it and not worry about what gets cut off around the edges.

But moving the BS lot to the PJ lot is a bit trickier. I'd like to move the BS cabin to the PJ lot, but I want to retain the PJ landscaping. Actually, let me be more specific: I don't care that much about the rest of the landscaping, but I absolutely love that pretty little lake on the PJ lot and I don't have the skills to recreate it. (I also don't have the building skills to tear down the little PJ cabin and rebuild the BS cabin myself.)

So... since we can't merge lots, and have to bulldoze the original lot to add a lot from the gallery/library, is there anything I can do here? Can I save the lake as a room? I know people do save outside areas as rooms, because I see them on the gallery all the time, but for the life of me I can never figure out how to do it. Is that an option here? Or does anyone have any alternative suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Crossposting from the CR World discussion, since there are some great builders in this thread who might be able to help out.
    A slight update to the earlier build.
    aOr5j4n.png
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/vONboyW.png[/img[ I put some stuff outside, like a rocking chair, a large chimney, and an old well.[/img]rvw8Gpy.png
    The back has a modest area for the owners' chickens.

N0GStuB.png
    PFufBK7.png
    The kitchen has enough space for people to cook and eat, but it's otherwise cluttered with junk.

bfUT4tK.png
    vRVwWs3.png
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,502 Member
    @Saga-Minx have you shared that on the gallery? Looks awesome!
  • Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    @elanorbreton Thank you. I will when its done. :)

Saga-Minx wrote: »
    Started on my legacy Ranch. I wil probably change it a lot, but this is what I have so far.
    I never build on 64x64, so this is challenge. I find small lots much easier to make cozy.
    Loving this pack. <3

JuuwNrHh.png

And the back.

5t7mZI3h.png

That’s so pretty!!
  • pendragon1980pendragon1980 Posts: 436 Member
    edited July 2023
    Gordy wrote: »
    aOr5j4n.png
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/vONboyW.png[/img[ I put some stuff outside, like a rocking chair, a large chimney, and an old well.[/img]rvw8Gpy.png

N0GStuB.png
    PFufBK7.png
    The kitchen has enough space for people to cook and eat, but it's otherwise cluttered with junk.

bfUT4tK.png
    vRVwWs3.png

I love this. Will be you be putting it on the gallery?
  • Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    The lighting in this world is amazing. Just stunning nights and sunrises.
    Definitely my favorite world!

I think the back is done. Don't want to blow my pc up and decorate it too much :open_mouth:

GCpt8soh.png
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,165 Member
    Loving all so far.

Please post your gallery names/links as my gallery is glitched and all my friends have disappeared. Sigh including all their wonderful build links they share so I have to go to each name (as i remember them) and download. Its a process.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
    edited July 2023
    Okay this is not my build LOL I am not talented enough or in the mood to spend hours building BUT I am using it and modified it a little to my needs and I think it is such a lovely build that I still wanted to share - in case anyone else needs something similar!

It's called Kampioensgaard by chbeuker1972, you can find it here

F1CyHvO.png
    l0z8Qtt.png
    IoYqvJj.png
    HP4nbu5.png
    PX5WfCI.png
    Also dude the LIGHTING in this pack is insane
    aOr5j4n.png

N0GStuB.png
    PFufBK7.png

bfUT4tK.png
    vRVwWs3.png

I love this. Will be you be putting it on the gallery?
    I'll try and do it when I get from work tonight. My ID is Karamazov123
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    Thanks for posting link @Gordy I had a boarding house in Sims3 and used it a lot.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    Thanks for posting link @Gordy I had a boarding house in Sims3 and used it a lot.
    Np, I'll be uploading it soon.

If you list all the packs you have, I can upload an alternate version with the stuff you have
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg

If you list all the packs you have, I can upload an alternate version with the stuff you have

Thanks For me though I have all. Even when it means skipping a dinner or two. Ha ha J/K
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
    @Saga-Minx Wow thats awesome and thanks for gallery info. My legacy family may have to work a lot harder to afford that ranch. Maybe a future generation. :)
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion

Thanks For me though I have all. Even when it means skipping a dinner or two. Ha ha J/K
    No no
    The house is up. It's the Dusty Chestnut
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,366 Member
    These houses are stunning, I love both of them and will be getting both of them...thanks creators! <3
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.