May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horse Ranch Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    PifflePrincessPifflePrincess Posts: 106 Member

I'm in love with the goat hops too! 😍
    Honestly, I think I'm in love with all the goat animations I've seen in the trailer. I thought I would care more about sheeps than goats, but I'm quickly changing my mind.
    Can't wait to have a little troublemaker goat in my farm!
    Console player (PS). Finally reached 1000+ hours on The Sims 4.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,491 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

Me too, I know it's a bit cartoony, but goats really are very cartoony in real life. :D

You guys...I finally did it. I updated my game. Been sitting on the Werewolf patch all this time but I took the plunge today. I even bought Growing Together so I can play around with Compatibility! Now my game is ready and rearin' for horses, and I have some stuff to keep me occupied in the meantime!

Sorry, I didn't know who else to tell. This was a big step for me, lol.

Well, if no one else is going to say it, I will say it:

Welcome back to the Dark Side. And whatever you do, be extremely careful of The Infants™ . I didn’t last one, single day. I hope the wee goats will be kinder… 😈

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,504 Member

Me too, I know it's a bit cartoony, but goats really are very cartoony in real life. :D

You guys...I finally did it. I updated my game. Been sitting on the Werewolf patch all this time but I took the plunge today. I even bought Growing Together so I can play around with Compatibility! Now my game is ready and rearin' for horses, and I have some stuff to keep me occupied in the meantime!

Well, if no one else is going to say it, I will say it:

Welcome back to the Dark Side. And whatever you do, be extremely careful of The Infants™ . I didn’t last one, single day. I hope the wee goats will be kinder… 😈

😳 Well, consider me thoroughly warned.

*Creeps nervously over to the crib, peering apprehensively at the noisy but tiny poop demon within...*

*Lowers quietly back down so as not to anger it, slinks carefully back to the goat barn.*

*Hangs a horseshoe and lullaby speaker over the threshold as a ward.*
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

Omg congratulations!! It must feel like you're playing a whole new game!! 😂😂 I'm interested to know what you think about the compatibility system and stuff (all the names escape me right now😩).
    I know it was something you always wanted in ts4.
    And I find it to be very interesting when playing around with relationships now and I had quite the adventure the other day lol.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    I was talking to my dad about goats and he told me my grandmother use to have a pet goat in the village. His name was booboosh. And everytime my grandmother called it's name it would come running and screaming baaaaaah baaaaaah! and they would cuddle and she gave him treats lol. I thought that was cute 🥺
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,504 Member

Omg congratulations!! It must feel like you're playing a whole new game!! 😂😂 I'm interested to know what you think about the compatibility system and stuff (all the names escape me right now😩).
    I know it was something you always wanted in ts4.
    And I find it to be very interesting when playing around with relationships now and I had quite the adventure the other day lol.

Thank you! I've only just started to play with it, I spent a lot of time in CAS catching up. But I'm looking forward to playing around more, once I've plopped in a "no phone" mod. I've already noticed too many phone idles and I used to be able to cancel the action when a Sim took their phone out, so I need that mod more than anything. But I got a good recommendation from someone on the forums so I'm excited to try it out. 😊

It feels good to be caught up again and be able to share enthusiasm with everyone. ❤️
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,108 Member
    I still haven't figured out what I'm going to do with compatibility myself - usually my kids marry the first member of the opposite sex they meet at school. But compatibility may throw some spanners into that, unless I set them up to BE compatible, like I did my CAS sims lol. Guess we'll see what gameplay brings - I prefer more natural relationships, so this should be interesting.

I'm actually quite excited for the goats and sheep - the horses are kinda meh for me, honestly...never played them before, so I'm not sure how they're gonna work with my saves. I don't play pets often either anymore, lack of control and the dreaded household slot eating being the reason.
  • Options
    HenrinatorHenrinator Posts: 55 Member
    Can't wait to make a cowboy.
    Hello there (• _ •)
    You can also find me here: Origin ID: Henrinatoren | Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198057159691/
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,294 Member
    You know, I wasn't too fussed about this pack as I'm not a huge horse person IRL (they actually terrify me) but suddenly I can't wait to play/buy the pack.

Hmm, I wonder why...
    XhrqYoT.png

18 days to go!
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 1,000 Member
    A bit scared of having horses because in Sims 3 it was not easy for me (I'll never forget buying a horse and trying to ride it home, getting kicked off and abandoning the game - should have made friends first). I'm looking forward to the xp to redeem my experience.
  • Options
    Still thinking about how beautiful those horse animations were done. I have a weakness for good animation lol.
    I can't wait 😍😍😍
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,118 Member
    Why did the 4th have to fall on a Tuesday? 😄 Now we have to wait until Thursday for the gameplay trailer.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,491 Member
    Still thinking about how beautiful those horse animations were done. I have a weakness for good animation lol.
    I can't wait 😍😍😍

I concur. I'm impressed with how natural horses and their riders look in terms of locomotion. For example, the way a rider handles the horse as it moves around tight corners -by gently pulling the reigns back with that one arm slightly out - it's so well done in my opinion. And pardon my lack of knowledge in horse-lingo, I'm sure there's a proper term for that sort of movement.

Banking.png

I was also wondering if and how horses will be affected by wheather phenomena such as thunder and lightning?
    I believe it does affect cats and dogs, as some of them need to be calmed down when they find themselves in hostile wheather conditions. I hope horses have a similar reaction, without and...WITH the rider. uh-oh.
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    One of the first packs I've been looking forward to in a long time. I love horses, use to have them when I was younger. It was one of my favorites in Sims 3 and can't wait to play them. This might be one of the first packs I buy on release or close to release. After Get Famous came out I stopped buying them until they went on sale.

Since rustic farm living is one of my favorite styles I really love the BB items coming in this pack and can't wait to update my barn on my sims family farm lot.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Gameplay trailer tomorrow!! 🏇
    5FcJ3Ua.png
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,701 Member
    Gameplay trailer tomorrow!! 🏇

5FcJ3Ua.png

Yii-ha! Can't wait for this! Do we know what time it will air?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,063 Member
    Not me thinking today is thursday *sighs*
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    edited July 2023
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    The Sims
    Where to watch the gameplay trailer

Galloping Good Times Ahead!

It's going to be a trot of fun. We canter even believe it.

Pre-order Horse Ranch and tune in 8 a.m. PT on July 6 to see what's possible.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,480 Member
    https://youtu.be/ocx3Kd1ALu4

Galloping Good Times Ahead!

It's going to be a trot of fun. We canter even believe it.

Pre-order Horse Ranch and tune in 8 a.m. PT on July 6 to see what's possible.

Such a pretty view over the canyon. :smile:
  • Options
    It's a gorgeous shot. Can't wait to explore the world.

• Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,102 Member
    Owww.. I love all pics from that world so far <3
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    edited July 2023