Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Werewolves pack - features when you don't play werewolves?

ยซ1
I wonder if this pack is worth getting if not into werevolves?

I don't mind NPC werewolves living in that world, but would it work using most of those lots as regular residential lots? Will the werewolf theme be too intruding?

I like the grunge esthetics, but I don't want all my 400 sims to suddenly grow heavy body hair (especially not the infants, lol).

Is there any features with this pack that is a positive asset to sims living regular lives in other worlds? Any negative effects I should be aware of?

I think my computer might prefer med adding a GP rather than a EP because it means less resources required, and I'm pretty desperate for a new world :) I don't own Growing together either, but I fear that pack will affect my game more heavily, with lag etc, and I'm not really into detailed family play anyway.

Can the werewolf pack be compared to Vampires? Occult if you want it, but a small world that can be used regardless of the theme if you like the world setting?
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    edited June 2023
    The werewolf world is perfectly usable but you will see werewolves in moonwood mill. You can change all lot types and build whatever you like. If you keep the bar lot type, other occults will also spawn when you visit the bar. In the world there are two werewolf hangout spots where werewolves will gather so you will see them. You can turn off werewolves for all other worlds so the pack is absolutely not intrusive. But moonwood mill is occult terrain.

You could set the moon phase to be permanent new moon or any other moon fase that is not full moon. That way you can avoid full moon werewolf rampages. Rampage due to temperaments can't be avoided. Perhaps you could cheat the temperaments on existing werewolves. You could give them the 4 positive blue temperament so they don't build fury. Carl has a mod that makes this easier if you don't like typing cheat codes.

I don't know any features outside off the werewolves that can be used. Perhaps the collectibles but I don't know how successful a non-werewolf is in collecting them. On the bright side there are no intrusive features to disrupt your game. The only other thing that came in the pack is a small telescope but that was patched into base game. I wish they would followed the same principle for the infant changing table.

Werewolves is totally unrelated to body hair. Body hair wasn't even in the game when werewolves was released. Body hair came with high school years and that's the pack that makes body hair grow. I have the werewolves pack but not high school years. New sims in CAS occasionally get body hair but it does not grow in live mode. Newly generated spellcasters in CAS get an insane amount of scars, so having to remove them in CAS is a small downside.

As for the comparison with growing together: the world is bigger but only the neighbourhood with the community centre has fishing spots, swimmable water and walking paths. The rest feels rather empty with very few walk by Sims. Moonwood mill feels more alive. On the gameplay side is growing together more intrusive with social chemistry, family dynamics, self discovery moments, midlife crisises and npc's inviting themselves over for sleepovers. I like it but it is one of those packs you will notice in regular gameplay. The only game mechanics you can turn off are self discovery moments and sims getting fired from work. Also infants are more difficult to play with growing together because they don't start with the ability to crawl and sit in a high chair like they do without the pack.

As for the comparison to vampires, I think they are very similar. You don't have to interact with the werewolves but they are there. You will notice werewolves a bit more in their own world but you can force them to act human in every other world.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    edited June 2023
    For me I feel like no I wouldn't get this pack if I had no interest in playing occult/werewolves
    or seeing them around

its pretty world but theres only 5 lots in it and theres not much to do besides werewolves and occult lore stuff

also there is rather many woodsy worlds in the game to pick from for non occult means so :sweat_smile:

the wolves can be little annoying on community lots since sims react to sims in wolf form

there is toggle to disable them turning wolf out of moonwood but its for out of moonwood

so yeah community lots in moonwood would still probably be chaotic

when on residential lot in moonwood its similar to the forgotten hollow in that you'll just probably see some walkby wolves going around the place similar to how caleb and lilith be always running around FH

I don't think sims be suddenly growing body hair or stuff like that tho

theres some build buy and cas that can be used for grunge purposes n such but not a whole lot
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 713 Member
    When I first bought The Werewolf pack, it was just for the world and I did not play as a werewolf. I also did not play as a teen. But the teen werewolf rag to riches challenges inspired me to stretch myself out of my comfort zone. Werewolves are the only occult I have played so far. The other occult world I still just use for the worlds. If I can buy them on sale, all worlds are worth it for me to buy even if I don't use the gameplay included.

Little by little, I keep stretching myself to start including bits of things from all the packs. I had no interest in the fame stuff and still am shy of it, but when I learned that Ward Park in Get Famous is a $0 lot when it is bulldozed, I was inspired to use all $0 building ideas to have a truly $0 lot. I am playing a rags to riches child alone on Del Sol Valley, and as I play here, NOT yet using any of the fame features, I can see how eventually I might want to start exploring the gameplay that was designed for this world that I am starting to love. But not yet. I am content to just use the world.

If you can afford it, I think you will enjoy importing your established gameplay into Moonwood Mills. You may or may not gradually choose to get sucked into some of the gameplay.

Visiting a world is not the same as living in it. I can see that now. I am doing the opposite of you. Moonwood Mill remains my default world to start, but I am stretching myself to start in other worlds.

In Moonwood Mills, I always set my moon cycle to 4 days, because if you swim in the lake on a full moon, your energy fills in a couple seconds, and you get a whole day without needing sleep. Those extra hours are a real bonus to work on skills and aspirations. I love using small lot near the lake to start. I move the starter house on it to the larger lot in the center of the town and improve it and add a garden.

Moonwood Mills is my favorite world. I visit it even when I am living in another world. I have the small residential lot near the lake set up as a campground, and visiting sims can use everything on the lot. I put the treehouse and a camping bathroom there. And the Jungle Adventures selling table that keeps food and fish cold.

Everyone complains about the gameplay in the Wedding Pack, but I use the WORLD not the gameplay and Tartosa is my second favorite world. I have another campground set up there. I bulldozed the house on the little island.

My goal is to live on every one of the lots in the these videos, and for now to build some sort of camping/homeless encampment on each one. There is a LOT of overlap in these videos. The first two videos are very short and just list the cheapest lots that were available in 2021. The last video is longer and is the "best" lots and includes Tartosa, Moonwood Mills and the Highschool pack. The last video includes my favorite Moonwood Mills lot almost at the end of the video, and also my favorite Highschool years lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpjK8JTtVHw

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/NOy6ZsfA32c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqLzuvrsGwo&amp;t=2s

Yes, the Werewolves pack is worth it even if you don't play the werewolves.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Wow! Thanks for in depth comments and lots of gaming ideas! Loved reading them all, awesome!

I might have only residential lots in Moonwood Mills, but it sounds fun with one community camp ground lot. Even if I won't focus on the occult, at least not from the start, I might have a teen club visiting and exploring (based on the guy featured in my video below), and perhaps in the long run werewolves might get accepted in my game. I will have a Baron's manor there, maybe he should get bitten at some point, but that is not something I'll do right away. I simply need more lots for existing houses, and the world looks quite nice. I think it will fit well with my Crafthole region, basically built on mining, but there could of course be timber activity too. I wanted Copperfield for this, but I hesitate with all the Social Bunny and "be my friend" stuff, plus I hardly focus on teens anyway.

• Options
    I read some more abut this pack. My question now is what will happen to NPCs if I make all 5 lots residential?

Lou Howell (Wildfangs Pack Member)
    Rory Oaklow (Wildfangs Pack Leader/Alpha)
    Celene Lรณpez (Mixologist)
    Wolfgang Wilder (Librarian)
    Greg (Feral Werewolf/Widower Werewolf)

I assume Greg will not be affected, but what mission have the librarian and the mixologist and will I ruin something by removing the library and bar? Can it be mended by rebuilding a bar on a smaller lot? I need the biggest lot for residential...
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    If you really like Moonwood Mill, it can be possible to play it without Werewolves. Also, I've actually learned not to long ago, that if you temperary make a Super Werewolf (that's a Werewolf with most of the powers), that sim can actually defeat permanently Greg. As for the Moonwood Townies, I'm not sure.
    On another note, I do recommend the following woodsy Worlds that aren't locked with the Wolfies.
    They are:
    Henford (Cottage Living)
    Glimmerbrook (Realm of Magic)
  • Options
    If you really like Moonwood Mill, it can be possible to play it without Werewolves. Also, I've actually learned not to long ago, that if you temperary make a Super Werewolf (that's a Werewolf with most of the powers), that sim can actually defeat permanently Greg. As for the Moonwood Townies, I'm not sure.
    On another note, I do recommend the following woodsy Worlds that aren't locked with the Wolfies.
    They are:
    Henford (Cottage Living)

Thanks. I don't plan to ignore the werewolves totally. I might not play them actively, but it will be cool seeing them as a danger in this world. I will send sims there to camp, and hoping it will be a creepy vacation :)

I have also considered Magic Realm, but werewolves seem less annoying when not being played.
    Do anyone know if there is a lifeline system for werewolves, as there is for spellcasters?
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    They are:
    Henford (Cottage Living)

Thanks. I don't plan to ignore the werewolves totally. I might not play them actively, but it will be cool seeing them as a danger in this world. I will send sims there to camp, and hoping it will be a creepy vacation :)

I have also considered Magic Realm, but werewolves seem less annoying when not being played.
    Do anyone know if there is a lifeline system for werewolves, as there is for spellcasters?

Sending sims to camp in moonwood mill sounds like a good idea for a story line. I think my next werewolf might get lycanthropy after a camping trip to moonwood mill.

I am not entirely sure what you mean with a lifeline system? Are you talking about the magical bloodline traits? Werewolf offspring can inherit one of two possible traits, or none.
    - greater bloodwolf trait: increases werewolf xp gain
    - dormant wolf : these sims are not werewolves themselves but are supposed to be less frightened by them. You can awaken the dormant wolf inside them and turn them into a werewolf without being bitten.
    They have to swim in the lake lunvik in moonwood mill at full moon.
    Unlike the magic bloodline trait, the werewolf traits are random. They don't increase in strength through the generations.
    Post edited by Atreya33 on
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    They are:
    Henford (Cottage Living)

Sending sims to camp in moonwood mill sounds like a good idea for a story line. I think my next werewolf might get lycanthropy after a camping trip to moonwood mill.

I am not entirely sure what you mean with a lifeline system? Are you talking about the magical bloodline traits? Werewolf offspring can inherit one of two possible traits, or none.
    - greater bloodwolf trait: increases werewolf xp gain
    - dormant wolf : these sims are not werewolves themselves but are supposed to be less frightened by them. You can awaken the dormant wolf inside them and turn them into a werewolf without being bitten.
    They have to swim in the lake lunvik in moonwood mill at full moon.
    Unlike the magic bloodline trait, the werewolf traits are random. They don't increase in strength through the generations.

Thanks! Yup, I meant bloodline - you're good at guessing :)
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Yup, Werewolves has the very best power book ever. ;)
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    edited June 2023
    Moonwood Mill is one of my favourite worlds.
    15a5c736aa1530c3062f9355f6d09ad7ad2e223b.jpg
    3f5ddd037bc48fa019465a5863c42048d45d08b9.jpg
    The world and the objects are worth the money imo and they did a fantastic job with the lore of Moonwood Mill. It even explains why the werewolves and vampires fight and why the magic realm is shattered ๐Ÿ“œ
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game ๐Ÿ›บ A Dramedy ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿป๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿฝ The Boys ๐Ÿฅ‡ Their first year - A Dramedy ๐Ÿš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera ๐ŸŽ The Stables - A Horse Drama
    ๐ŸŽ Best of Buydebug โ˜ƒ๏ธ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips ๐ŸŽฌ My Builds: Houses ๐Ÿ˜ Rooms ๐Ÿ›‹ SciFi ๐Ÿ‘พ creatively edited Screenshots ๐ŸŽจ
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I read some more abut this pack. My question now is what will happen to NPCs if I make all 5 lots residential?

Lou Howell (Wildfangs Pack Member)
    Rory Oaklow (Wildfangs Pack Leader/Alpha)
    Celene Lรณpez (Mixologist)
    Wolfgang Wilder (Librarian)
    Greg (Feral Werewolf/Widower Werewolf)

I assume Greg will not be affected, but what mission have the librarian and the mixologist and will I ruin something by removing the library and bar? Can it be mended by rebuilding a bar on a smaller lot? I need the biggest lot for residential...

I thought I read somewhere that the mixologist at the bar in Moonwood mills can mix up a concoction to keep you from turning into a werewolf if you get bitten, and that the library in town has werewolf lore. I donโ€™t know what happens if you get rid of them for some other lot.

I donโ€™t play occults much. I have only made some twin witches so far. I like the way occults are in the sims 4, where they do not seem to be intrusive on other worlds ( except the vampires, they can drain you if you donโ€™t keep your doors locked at night, and once in awhile you will see them in bat form briefly. They can also show up at a lot like a nightclub and lock everyone inside for a bit, unless they nerfed that ). I like that occults are NOT seen ( as occults ) around every corner, and the same with ghosts and aliens. To me it makes the occults, aliens, and ghosts more special. I donโ€™t want other sims to know my spellcasters are witches in most cases, I prefer them being more secretive.

I havenโ€™t had a problem with any of the occults affecting my play style ( and I have them all ) because they are not, in general obtrusive. An occasional abduction, or seeing a ghost after telling a ghost story around a campfire, or a rare vampire attack ( I have one sim I have to watch out for as one vampire likes to drain her ) or lock in occasionally brings a little rare color to the game.

Both vampires an werewolves ( and also city living a bit ) bring some grungy stuff to the game which can be used in so many ways. I love the cracks, spots on the walls, and climbing vines in the vampire pack. Werewolves bring torn clothes, scratched floors and scratched walls to the game, and tattered furniture. Realm of Magic brings some beautiful antique furniture to the game, and some cute clothing pieces and hair to the game. And, each world is unique.
  • Options
    One more question - does werewolves live longer or shorter or the same as human sims?
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    @Simmerville I found no information about their lifespan but they can gain the 'Immortal Wolf' trait.

What I also like about the werewolf pack are the iconic NPC's that came along with it.
    Rory Oaklow, Lou Howell (one of the most handsome premades imo) and Greg Lunvik for example.
    They made it into many households and I still see them a lot in the posts of other simmers on tumblr.
    Rory%2C_Lou_and_Bianca.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game ๐Ÿ›บ A Dramedy ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿป๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿฝ The Boys ๐Ÿฅ‡ Their first year - A Dramedy ๐Ÿš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera ๐ŸŽ The Stables - A Horse Drama
    ๐ŸŽ Best of Buydebug โ˜ƒ๏ธ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips ๐ŸŽฌ My Builds: Houses ๐Ÿ˜ Rooms ๐Ÿ›‹ SciFi ๐Ÿ‘พ creatively edited Screenshots ๐ŸŽจ
  • Options
    No matter what, after awhile, a lot of the werewolves die and move to other worlds and stop showing up in Moonwood Mills and they are replaced with spawned werewolves that serve the bar and library. People have posted that they had some troubles completing the werewolves aspirations because there were no leader of the packs, though.

I was really worried at the beginning that I would mess something up, but it looks like that is pretty hard to do. There is redundancy about things like gathering the collectables. If you alter a community building, you will not cover up the only place to dig a critical item.
  • Options
    No matter what, after awhile, a lot of the werewolves die and move to other worlds and stop showing up in Moonwood Mills and they are replaced with spawned werewolves that serve the bar and library. People have posted that they had some troubles completing the werewolves aspirations because there were no leader of the packs, though.

I was really worried at the beginning that I would mess something up, but it looks like that is pretty hard to do. There is redundancy about things like gathering the collectables. If you alter a community building, you will not cover up the only place to dig a critical item.

My bigger worry right now is whether the bar and library can be recategorized or not. I plan to use the bar lot for a manor, and the library might stay a community lot but perhaps not a library. I assume I will miss out on some lore facts, which I can live with, but if the game must have those two lots to function, I'll be facing problems...
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I don't play with werewolves and thus replaced both lots. It has not had a negative impact on my game. I probably wouldn't do that in a save where I was interested in exploring werewolves or the lore.
  • Options
    Most of the lore can be learned by watching videos and reading websites. The werewolf books include all the necessary hints.

Right now, I am new to trying to live in Mt Komorebi and I am nervous about messing stuff up there. Now that I am familiar with Moonwood Mills, I learned from experience that it is safe to mess with it. I should probably assume that Mt Komorebi is the same.
  • Options
    Most of the lore can be learned by watching videos and reading websites. The werewolf books include all the necessary hints.

Right now, I am new to trying to live in Mt Komorebi and I am nervous about messing stuff up there. Now that I am familiar with Moonwood Mills, I learned from experience that it is safe to mess with it. I should probably assume that Mt Komorebi is the same.

Lots in Mt Komorebi can be altered without problems. The only exception is the onsen. You can't change the lot type of that particular lot. I think that is because it is needed as a starting point for the mountain climbing.
  • Options
    Thanks to latest response :) I'll get this pack, in fact I already implemented parts of the lore with my story and have tons of plans for those adjustments :) While planning how to use Moonwood Mill for non werewolves, I typically begin seeing sims who could be turned... Arg, I wish I could stay with my original plan, LOL. There's too much going on in my game, I don't need another occult to occupy me... I even used the Lunvik name for some sims living elsewhere, just to have possible story lines in case I need them. And - if you wonder - my Greg seems to be the non legit son of a regional Count. Can't wait to get into it, not the least to build the old noble estate which is said to be based on Greg's first homed in the woods!
  • Options

Lots in Mt Komorebi can be altered without problems. The only exception is the onsen. You can't change the lot type of that particular lot. I think that is because it is needed as a starting point for the mountain climbing.

At first glance, we would assume that Moonwood Mills could be messed up easier than Mt. Komorebi, but it appears the opposite. Simmerville, so far, you seem to be following the path that I did with Moonwood Mills. I think you are going to love it. Moonwood came out after Mt Komorebi and the other occults. I think the gamemakers learned things from those other packs. Game lore is not tied to the editable lots. I had not fully understood this until this last discussion here. I am understanding the whole game better now.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Big thank you to all input in this thread! :) I see there is a Summer sale atm, so I decided to give this Werewolves pack a chance - point of no return :)
  • Options
    jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    I am a realistic player but I still bought Werewolves and of the three "occult" packs, all of which I own, Werewolves is my favorite. My main interest in the Sims is world/save file building and Werewolves has the best and most realized world, and the best CAS and BB.

In my template save, Moonwood Mill is part of the Pacific Northwest region along with Evergreen Harbor, and they share townies, lore and residents. I moved the Harris family into The Collective Cabin and they run a scrap metal retail lot on the 30X30 lot. The 40X30 lot was converted from a library into a gas station inspired by Life is Strange. It acts as a bar and Celine works there.

The 50X40 lot is a trailer park where Lou Howell (I'm super attached to him even though he is a werewolf) lives with his biker gang dad and a couple that is always breaking up and getting back together.

I have some very light mods that limit "wolfing out" to full moon only. I haven't played any of the households yet, but I like the setup quite a bit, it's one of my favorite setups in my whole template save file.
  • Options
    Big thank you to all input in this thread! :) I see there is a Summer sale atm, so I decided to give this Werewolves pack a chance - point of no return :)

Tell us all about what you think of your new game!!

In my template save, Moonwood Mill is part of the Pacific Northwest region along with Evergreen Harbor, and they share townies, lore and residents. ...

I have some very light mods that limit "wolfing out" to full moon only.

This is all so interesting! Thanks for sharing!

• Options

Tell us all about what you think of your new game!!

I will :)

Right now I'm just frustrated. I've spent hours modifying the fist Moonwood lot, then EA App decides to crash and close my game. I never had any crashing issues before the App decided to crash after about an hour of playing the game. It's ironical - and quite upsetting - that the app that was forced on me is crashing my game.

So, wasted efforts, now I need to do it all over again... argh!