Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Download difficulties

grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 301 Member
Does anyone have issues with downloading packs once they've purchased them? I've just bought Book Nook, Grunge Revival & Bowling Night but they're not downloading. I use the EA app & have followed the instructions on how to download them, but nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I bought both kits but only one downloaded. The grunge one is saying I need to pay again.
    bYQZMgT.png

although I have a receipt
    FtRoi2t.png

If I load my game it does say I own it, but it is not there and no where available to download
    bMl2CBk.png

I will wait till tomorrow and see if it corrects itself, until then do anyone know how I am able to fix this, any help would be appreicated <3
    edited June 2023
    Does it show as purchased in your library ?

edit to add, if it does show that you own it try this...
    y3cLhpx.png
    click on the yellow square area and it will pop up the little area you see where the red square. click on the red square and then it should show you the manage add ons section. Click on that and if there is some packs to be downloaded in a Que they will be there ;)
  • grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 301 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »
    Does it show as purchased in your library ?

edit to add, if it does show that you own it try this...
    y3cLhpx.png
    click on the yellow square area and it will pop up the little area you see where the red square. click on the red square and then it should show you the manage add ons section. Click on that and if there is some packs to be downloaded in a Que they will be there ;)

Thank you. Yes, they do show as having been purchased. I did the things you mentioned above but nothing happens when I click on the download button.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    @mcrudd, I find that when the EA app is playing up (which, let's face it, is about 90% of the time :s ) it often helps to log out of the app and log back in again.
    @mcrudd, I find that when the EA app is playing up (which, let's face it, is about 90% of the time :s ) it often helps to log out of the app and log back in again.

Thanks for the reply <3 Yeah it is definitely not as good as Origin used to be. I have unfortunately tried logging in and back again, I even did a restart app as well. None worked, I will just wait it out and see what happens, hopefully it will download tomorrow :)
    Thank you. Yes, they do show as having been purchased. I did the things you mentioned above but nothing happens when I click on the download button.

Ugh so sorry to hear that, I was hoping it will work for you. For me it does not even show as purchased yet. Hopefully time will tell, have you tried logging out and back in again?

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited June 2023
    Did you try to click the "download complete" thing just in case its in queue?

idk what else one could try to do hmm
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,444 Member
    @mcrudd are you on pc? If so find the EA App folder on your start menu or in windows explorer. One of the options in it should be to update the app. Give that a try & see if it helps.
  • flutterb205flutterb205 Posts: 1 New Member
    I am having the same problem. I purchased Book Nook yesterday and it is not showing up in my library. The app is only giving me the option to purchase it.
  • grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 301 Member
    I've restarted my computer & restarted the EA app & the packs are finally downloading.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    I finally bought Greenhouse and basement kits yesterday and had a wee bit of trouble. But I finally realized I had to download them one at a time, instead of clicking download on both of them. I'm impatient by nature. LOL I let it sit for a bit then exited the App. By the time I was ready to play my game, it showed both were installed. I bought Book Nook just this morning and was able to download it. I will find out later when I am ready to play the game. Best of luck. I preferred the other way we used to install newly purchased packs. We used to get a little meter showing us the downloading in progress.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,262 EA Community Manager
    Hey all,

If you're running into this issue please see our thread on AHQ here so we can get this resolved.

Thanks!
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top