March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Official Screenshot Thread - Grunge Revival and Book Nook Kits

Β«13
EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,265 EA Community Manager
Sul sul,

Today we announced the newest 2 kits for The Sims 4 in Grunge Revival and Book Nook, available June 1st on all platforms.

Starting up a screenshot thread a little early because I'm excited and love, love, love the Book Nook look specifically, I can't wait to see what you come up with for these.

Some inspiration:

odg3tglesz3x.png
r9aqhw5j0n6e.png
Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    All those books, stacked and stuck everywhere! Even under the coffee table. I am in love! <3
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    What world is the second pic? Looks like a district in San Myshuno but windows in the back are throwing me off
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,444 Member
    @EA_Cade are there any male clothes in the grunge kit? Everything in the items preview looks to be female only.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Are there more outfits we have not seen from the images released specifically the flannel with a t-shirt and the long t-shirt that may have not been seen from the animated advertisement?
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    what time is this being released it's already June 1st
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

• MaeEastMaeEast Posts: 15 Member
    @Trimoth I am also looking forward to getting these kits!
    Trimoth wrote: Β»
    what time is this being released it's already June 1st

They usually drop kits around 10am pacific. For me that's 1pm eastern.
  • MaeEastMaeEast Posts: 15 Member
    @Starfree that's good to know. Thanks! :)
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    Book Nook, I love (been a bookworm since I could read), but I've never been into the grunge look. Sorry. I just got the garden and basement kits, yesterday. Need to install them.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • sn4phsn4ph Posts: 17 Member
    I'm really excited for the Grunge Revival kit, Werewolves has some pretty similar stuff and has some of my favorite CAS items, so I can't wait for it to come out!! :)
  • Motorcross104Motorcross104 Posts: 17 Member
    I can not wait! I am a book nerd myself. I am super excited to try it in my gameplays.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    edited June 2023
    Grungy bookworms ... I LOVE the male crop top.

hBP6rPS.png

New shirt, new shoes, new tattoo ...

nlIXnCM.png
  • Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    Vlad's Bedroom got a makeover
    6291128553c3e0853da5c3a38244299cecae31f1.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game πŸ›Ί A Dramedy 🚢🏼🚢🏻🚢🏽🚢🏽 The Boys πŸ₯‡ Their first year - A Dramedy πŸš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug β˜ƒοΈ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms πŸ›‹ SciFi πŸ‘Ύ creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    edited June 2023
    And we had a quick photoshoot in San Myshuno for the Grunge Revival Kit
    (some of their trousers are not from the kit)
    312580a2918fe0d8c3327db99c40d226cef0a888.jpg
    e675b7482144c633d5f04df8529719f2244b6af4.jpg
    3edceac73a6134f52f5482d67a89e8fc3c06c534.jpg
    fdccc40cd83ba96e822b1270d7563781b1095b26.jpg
    2dc81e89021eb942be4a56e1e9c85abd0a343c0e.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game πŸ›Ί A Dramedy 🚢🏼🚢🏻🚢🏽🚢🏽 The Boys πŸ₯‡ Their first year - A Dramedy πŸš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug β˜ƒοΈ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms πŸ›‹ SciFi πŸ‘Ύ creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Experimented with pairing the grunge clothes with other packs...

kPizAbE.png

xdKd2Vz.png
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,820 Member
    edited June 2023
    tVhlEiG.png
    I really like, fits right in with a lot of stuff and I think the grunge clothes are cute, it was a shame there wasn't a hoodie with the thumb holes cut in. Then I remembered I might have done that just cause I'm weird and not because it was a known style thing lol.
    Edit, had to get a model.
    JvAuybp.png
    Lilith likes the new clothes.
    8RskzWh.png
    Like, a lot. :D
    Post edited by RedDestiny92 on
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited June 2023
    I think the grunge clothes are cute, it was a shame there wasn't a hoodie with the thumb holes cut in. Then I remembered I might have done that just cause I'm weird and not because it was a known style thing lol.

It was a thing but i think more so part of emo style that grunge style with the whole fingerless gloves comeback and cutesy hand poses thing going on

also I do not know what year it was you were doing this so you could have been ahead of the trend

anyway what i was trying to say is you are not alone on this it was a thing yes there even was hoodies that already had hole for the thumb so you didn't need to cut
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Lixy_170Lixy_170 Posts: 93 Member
    Hi! I can not post any pictures/screenshots here or anywhere in the Forum, just comments! :'( ... Why? Am I doing something wrong, or am I not allowed to? :(
    @Lixy_170 are you new? If so, welcome!! And if you are new you won't be able to post screenshots until you reach a certain level/number of posts. Not sure what that level is but perhaps someone else can.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,820 Member
    @Simmingal Lol I thought someone would say that exact thing but I wasn't sure I remember I had a mix bag group I hung out with and I wouldn't be sure either I tended to avoid trends and come in late maybe I made a roundabout on myself with that ha. Thanks for that info I find myself in need a hoodie with the hole already cut, time to look on amazon :)
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I so love the Grunge Kit. I just made a young adult sim me back in the 1990s. I also just realized that the styles I always loved were actual called Rocker & Streetwear. I never knew that. I would just buy clothes that looks comfy & practical on me.
    Anyways, my sim self is just a bit different than my real life self, besides being 28 years younger, she also has some special gifts I wish I had in real life. Also, her name is mostly like mine. Oh, & her jewelry is what I wanted back in the day.
    I was a huge Janet Jackson & Madonna fan then. :p;)
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    @Simmingal Lol I thought someone would say that exact thing but I wasn't sure I remember I had a mix bag group I hung out with and I wouldn't be sure either I tended to avoid trends and come in late maybe I made a roundabout on myself with that ha. Thanks for that info I find myself in need a hoodie with the hole already cut, time to look on amazon :)

haha yeah the styles are all confusing too since lot of them borrow from earlier styles
    or come back altered

I think I never really aspired to be grunge myself but I would accidentally end up grunge eventually due to other styles not being available in Simmingal sizes :sweat_smile:

*Simmingal goes to alternative clothes store*

*Simmingal goes automatically to the accessories and band tees cause she knows thats the only 2 things in the whole store that possibly fit her*

*Simmingal continues to wear her at least 10 years old band shirts because sizes above XL are always out of stock on new shirts*

😐 ah the joy of clothes shopping
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • EleriEleri Posts: 534 Member
    edited June 2023
    @RedDestiny92 you have a good eye for design. It's not intuitive that those different elements would work together, but they really do.

I tend to stick to preexisting sets to the point that my homes often look like I was playing an "Each Room is a Different Pack" challenge.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.