Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

San Sequoia

What did you do with the strange lot between two streets (18 celebration street) near the recreation centre. I do not see a house there.

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited May 2023
    Ziafar wrote: »
    What did you do with the strange lot between two streets (18 celebration street) near the recreation centre. I do not see a house there.

Nothing yet. One of those lots could use a restuarent and another maybe a theme park if you have High School Years.
  • ZiafarZiafar Posts: 695 Member
    No I do not have High School. And I have a restaurant elsewhere. Maybe I will move it.
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member

I put a "marketplace" there. I took the coffee shop marmalade(YouTube builder) created for that lot and edited it to be a community space/marketplace lot, added a playground and a pizza cart. Now it doubles as a pizza and coffee shop.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I built a giant green house there, one side has a cafe, the other side has a roller rink. The lot functions as a cafe. On the first floor is a walkway that goes all around it so you can see the plants from above. I might change the roller rink for some planters and create a real gardening space for the sims in the future, but I quite like it as it is for now, it has a really nice feel to it especially when it rains heavily outside.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,444 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I built a giant green house there, one side has a cafe, the other side has a roller rink. The lot functions as a cafe. On the first floor is a walkway that goes all around it so you can see the plants from above. I might change the roller rink for some planters and create a real gardening space for the sims in the future, but I quite like it as it is for now, it has a really nice feel to it especially when it rains heavily outside.

@crocobaura is that lot on the gallery? Sounds like a pretty cool idea & build.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    edited May 2023
    I built a house :lol: similar to the mansion shell in Gilbert Gardens
    doesn't really look that odd tbh
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    Starfree wrote: »

@Starfree It's not finished yet, I haven't added all the decorative plants inside, it' supposed to look like a jungle, but I can upload it later tonight if you want to look at it.
  • JALJAL Posts: 999 Member
    edited May 2023
    I used the various shell buildings as a template and built a series of townhouses with stores and an art gallery on the ground flor. I use it as a retail lot. Like you I didn't think it fit with a house.

01.jpg
    Link here if anyone is interested: https://www.ea.com/sv-se/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/32F1AE39F0DD11ED81BDBBDE0A17B9B0?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=jeslet40&max=50&maxis=false
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
    Thank you for the link! I did the same with the library lot. Since you can put bookcases in the recreation centre I thought a library would be redundant.
    Starfree wrote: »

@Starfree It's not finished yet, I haven't added all the decorative plants inside, it' supposed to look like a jungle, but I can upload it later tonight if you want to look at it. [/quote]

@crocobaura I'd love to see it, but I can wait until it's finished. Just post a link when it's ready :).
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,660 Member
    edited May 2023
    The lot wasn't ringing any bells for me so I just went and had a look at it. The first thing that came to my imagination was a drive-thru burger joint, like an In-N-Out or Sonic type of thing. It would have been perfect if there had been a second cut curb opposite of the one that's already there. One cut curb says residential, two would scream commercial. When I get some spare time I may still give it a try and make a little restaurant.
    The lot wasn't ringing any bells for me so I just went and had a look at it. The first thing that came to my imagination was a drive-thru burger joint, like an In-N-Out or Sonic type of thing. It would have been perfect if there had been a second cut curb opposite of the one that's already there. When I get some spare time I may still give it a try.

The lot needs to be a community lot, preferably somewhere sims can eat as there is so much open space in that neighbourhood and I imagine after a power walk in the park one needs a coffee at least. :smiley:
    @crocobaura it looks great; I'll definitely download it when I'm on my computer 👍.
    edited May 2023
    The lot wasn't ringing any bells for me so I just went and had a look at it. The first thing that came to my imagination was a drive-thru burger joint, like an In-N-Out or Sonic type of thing. It would have been perfect if there had been a second cut curb opposite of the one that's already there. When I get some spare time I may still give it a try.

The lot needs to be a community lot, preferably somewhere sims can eat as there is so much open space in that neighbourhood and I imagine after a power walk in the park one needs a coffee at least. :smiley:

A little coffee shop, maybe a place that serves smoothies and organic snacks. With the size and shape of the lot @JAL has the perfect setup, two-four little shops each doing something a little bit different. I'm already thinking, a coffee shop, health food store, and a little restaurant that serves organic dishes.

It doesn't take much anymore to get my builders imagination going.😎

Edit: I just looked up and saw your build. That's looks beautiful!❤️ I love lots and lots of plants and flowers in all my builds.
    @crocobaura This is really beautiful!
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    edited May 2023
    Our house, in the middle of our street ~
    nQ5VIEL.png
    Nnmzuka.png
    I figured I'd add screenshot

I still have landscaping and outdoor stuff to do though
    its gonna be ever so small elderly home so I can put couple elders in
    and have their families visit sometimes while taking trip to park :)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    @Simmingal That looks great. The wrap around porches are a nice touch too. Great for sitting around and reminiscing while enjoying some nice views.🙂
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    I settled on a pool. But tried a restaurant and a bobba tea shop first.
    I finally decided for the arboratum cafe but made it a bar instead of a café. Since we cannot get into EA's the arboratum, which is a shame, I think @crocobaura's build blends very well whith the surroundings. Thank you all for your suggestions.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited May 2023
    MichelleW wrote: »

I put a "marketplace" there. I took the coffee shop marmalade(YouTube builder) created for that lot and edited it to be a community space/marketplace lot, added a playground and a pizza cart. Now it doubles as a pizza and coffee shop.

@MichelleW Does a barista for the coffee shop cafe automatically show up when you play it as a marketplace?
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

@MichelleW Does a barista for the coffee shop cafe automatically show up when you play it as a marketplace?

No you have to hire someone. If you do the food stall version someone will automatically show up. I prefer the "coffee bar" so I just hire someone, they stay the entire time I'm on the lot.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited May 2023

No you have to hire someone. If you do the food stall version someone will automatically show up. I prefer the "coffee bar" so I just hire someone, they stay the entire time I'm on the lot.

Thank you, I was hoping they would show up as the second person, as I read that 2 sims will show up at food stands at a community market place.

Thank you, I was hoping they would show up as the second person, as I read that 2 sims will show up at food stands at a community market place.

You can use the coffee stand instead of the barista bar and the NPC will show up for that. The NPC for the bobba tea shop and the cafeteria workers will also show up automatically also on the community market place lots.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,777 Member
    lpCkmL0.png

I have this diner and sub station from gallery. Not remember now from who.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina