Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cheat to Alter Milestones?

Does anybody know if there's a cheat code to add/remove/alter milestones? It really bothers me that there are different milestones for having vs. adopting a child, but the premade families with adoption backstories (the Michaelsons, the Greenburgs, etc.) all have the "had a baby" milestones instead of the "adopted so-and-so" milestones. I'd like to change these, but haven't found any info online yet about how to change an existing milestone. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    edited March 2023
    Yea I was hoping the UI cheats mod would have made them clickable so they can be removed. Maybe it's on the list of things to do.

My Sim is married with kids but hooked up with a neighbor Sim and now that Sim is saying was his first woohoo which is weird.
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    Hopefully UI cheats will be updated with this functionality. Some of the milestones are a bit wonky; my Sim couple have two children but only a milestone for the first one - the second was born at hospital but I didn't follow them and that milestone didn't happen.
    Similarly for the degrees: Becca got a milestone for completing her degree but her husband Seth never did. So I'd love to be able to tweak that!
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    I would also like to know if we can correct mistakes in milestones. My sim didn't get a milestone for a baby born in the hospital off screen. But she does have a milestone for giving birth to a clone of her daughter. The clone was created as an adult and is no longer in the game. So milestones remember sims who are delete from the save.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    My sim didn’t get graduate HS milestone, neither on aging up or going to graduation. It’s an odd one because it’s a teen milestone but i guess can’t obtain until YA for normal graduations.

Id like to be able to just add it just because.. I guess not the biggest deal but always feel a bit off when these things happen.
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    It looks like Lumpinou's got a mod out for some cheats for milestones: https://www.patreon.com/posts/mod-cheat-add-80693931
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    MissyHissy wrote: »
    It looks like Lumpinou's got a mod out for some cheats for milestones: https://www.patreon.com/posts/mod-cheat-add-80693931

Thank you for sharing this info.
  • Options
    FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    edited March 2023
    MissyHissy wrote: »

Lot of pros and cons with this new mod.

I could only see myself using it to remove a solo milestone. Unless I want my Sim to lose every “fell in love” milestone or every “started x career” milestone, I wouldn’t touch that feature since that’s how it works.

Instead, I have a Sim who used to be a spellcaster. Even though they are now just human, they still have the spellcaster milestone. With this mod, I should be able to remove that spellcaster milestone so the Sim has no memory of ever being a spellcaster to begin with.

If you wanted to add the “fell in love with x” milestone, will the mod actually have a new menu where you can select who exactly your Sim fell in love with? That’s one thing I’d like to know. Or if you pick the “started a new career” milestone, will the mod let you select which career it is? Or will it just be blank?
  • Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    Is it possible to remove milestones with a cheat like with traits? If so, does anyone know the command?
  • Options
  • Options
    Atreya33 wrote: »

A mod? Ouch. Was hoping I wouldn't have to use one to remove milestones. Ah, well.
  • Options
    Just noticed another article mentioning cheats. It does seem more about adding them than removing them. https://simscommunity.info/2023/04/04/sims-4-milestone-cheats/
  • Options
    I caved and installed TwistedMexi's all cheats mod after my child sim's milestone for learning to ride a bike didn't unlock. Sims community has the commands to add milestones, but not remove them. Does anyone know the command for removal?
  • Options
    HeidiGrrrlHeidiGrrrl Posts: 122 Member
    edited May 2023
    I just downloaded Lumpinou's mod, and it doesn't do anything. She says it's under "Actions", but the only thing that comes up is "Add to Group" and the usual stuff there. Tried Twisted Mexi's "All Cheats" mod, and you can't add milestones that aren't within a Sim's current age group, meaning you can't go back and add missed milestones from previous age categories.

EDIT: My mistake! Lumpinou doesn't make it particularly clear on her Patreon page which version to download. You need the first one to make it work. The second one merely adds descriptions. Once I downloaded the proper file, it works just fine, and yes, you can add AND remove traits!
    Post edited by HeidiGrrrl on
  • Options
    EverclearBoyEverclearBoy Posts: 151 Member
    Would be nice to have this in the base game, as one of my Child Sims is racking up multiple of the same phases, i.e. Picky Eater x2 etc..