Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spring Road Map?

Was just wondering if you all think there is going to be a road map for spring April - July potentially?
Or do you think they will do a 6 month road map from April - October? And what do you expect with the new road map. My theory is we are near the end but not at the end, I think we have all the rest of 2023, and I also think all of 2024. I think 2024 is going to be the last big year of the sims 4, but I actually still think it will continue into 2025 but it won’t last the whole year. Because I think the sims 5 is being planned for the year 2025. But I think it’s going to release towards the end of the year of 2025, the earliest I think would be the end of September 2025, but I think they could decide to not release it until end of November 2025 or beginning of December 2025 even. I think 2024 will be the last big year of content of the sims 4 and I think 2025 will be tidying up everything in the game and more last updates to it, and 2025 will be more about hyping up the next game. But it probably won’t release until the end of 2025, almost 2026. So I think it’s safe to say we have almost 3 years left of the sims 4. Or 2 1/2 years. I don’t think 2023 or 2024 is going to slow down on content. 2025 will slow down a lot. Just speculation.

Comments

• Options
    lunnarilalunnarila Posts: 221 Member
    They always give us up to 3,4 road maps a years, which means one road map each month ( for each season, winter, spring, summer, autumn). I think we will have a roadmap somewhere in April or the beginning of May. I think this season we will have definitely new kits, maybe minor update and gamepack (fairies or horses are my biggest bets)
  • Options
    And I also think that this year is going to be intensive because they have promised us two BIG expansion packs and it looks like they have returned to the 'old system'( huge expansions used to launch at March and September, then they switched it to July and November, and then they limited this to one expansion and two game packs). So I think we might get two huge expansions and two gamepacks with good quality and good content
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    lunnarila wrote: »
    And I also think that this year is going to be intensive because they have promised us two BIG expansion packs and it looks like they have returned to the 'old system'( huge expansions used to launch at March and September, then they switched it to July and November, and then they limited this to one expansion and two game packs). So I think we might get two huge expansions and two gamepacks with good quality and good content

2 EPs and 2 GPs in one year would be an absolute dream. I don't understand why ea doesn't increase their production team and pump out more packs with so many people willing to buy them.
  • Options
    ArcaArca Posts: 183 Member
    I heard someone said they expected Sims 4 is a long-lived game which can last for 10-15 years...therefore, I think this game may end in 2029
    However, next year will be the 10th year of Sims 4, there may be some surprises from the team. I hope it will be preteen or vehicle update
    The team also promised to give us werewolves, fairies and zombies. Werewolves came last year, and fairies may also come. I always think the focus camera is prepared for fairies because they're tiny!
  • Options
    Arca wrote: »
    I heard someone said they expected Sims 4 is a long-lived game which can last for 10-15 years...therefore, I think this game may end in 2029
    However, next year will be the 10th year of Sims 4, there may be some surprises from the team. I hope it will be preteen or vehicle update
    The team also promised to give us werewolves, fairies and zombies. Werewolves came last year, and fairies may also come. I always think the focus camera is prepared for fairies because they're tiny!

Actually Growing together trailer was full of horses and fairies oriented objects so high chance we get some of those this year or maybe as next gamepack this summer
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited March 2023
    If we look at last year they didn't announce anything until May so we might not hear much until then, we might see some patches and SDX drops.

I'm not sure when we will see the next pack, they probably have something planned for summer. I don't think we will see the sims 5 until 2025, my guess is that they might go into full production for that game in fall, 2024 depending on how far they have gotten with their development for that game by then.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I hope we do get a spring road map soon. I think we may get a horses game pack and some kits. I would love if we got an infant stuff pack with maybe a bouncer or even a stroller we could put both infants and toddlers in.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I hope we do get a spring road map soon. I think we may get a horses game pack and some kits. I would love if we got an infant stuff pack with maybe a bouncer or even a stroller we could put both infants and toddlers in.

I think the next Game Pack will indeed be a horses one with a country themed world. There is still some unreleased (country furniture) concept art left.
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    I think the next game pack will be a World Exploration game like Outdoor Retreat, Jungle Adventure and Journey to Batuu, because it's been a while simce they made one. In a world exploration game pack the main gameplay is tied to the new world. I dont think the next game pack will come with a vacation world that could easily have been residential (like Selvadorada). Instead the world will offer a unique experience like Journey to Batuu. With summer approaching I think the next game pack will be the Sims 4 version of Castaway (which has been hinted at in the Tree house from Growing Together). I dont think we will get fairies because so far they haven't done two occult packs in a row. Also I dont think we will be getting horses because they said in the past they want to add horses in a way that makes the most sense ( I'm thinking medieval expansion).
  • Options
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

I'm hoping the reason we didn't get a stroller is because we are getting one in a stuff pack. The community would probably get mad but I'd buy it.
  • Options
    EsiaEsia Posts: 67 Member
    In jigsaw puzzles from Growing together in landscapes category we can see four landscapes from existing worlds and one with a wooden windmill and tulips. Do you think we might be getting Netherlands inspirded World? Could it be a setting for horses or fairies? Or maybe something completely different?
  • Options
    FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    Paralives and Life By You will apply unforeseen pressure to the devs of TS4. We may be seeing more and better content release for the game in the near future and I'm here for it. Healthy competition = wins all around
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member

Sad to say,Sims 4 isn't going to last much longer with how buggy and laggy the game engine is becoming...I don't think it's going to be able to last for much longer. It would be a complete buggy,laggy,glitchy and broken mess by late 2024,and the devs would not be able to fix it once it breaks. I don't play Sims 4 for very long because of how laggy and glitchy it's become; I just play for a few minutes,then I go on to other online games.

Let Sims 4 end soon so we can move on to Sims 5.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    sims 5 not be around until 2025 or 2026.
  • Options

Sad to say,Sims 4 isn't going to last much longer with how buggy and laggy the game engine is becoming...I don't think it's going to be able to last for much longer. It would be a complete buggy,laggy,glitchy and broken mess by late 2024,and the devs would not be able to fix it once it breaks. I don't play Sims 4 for very long because of how laggy and glitchy it's become; I just play for a few minutes,then I go on to other online games.

I hope we will just get cars, music themed game pack, fairies, horses, and hotels, then they could finish with The Sims 4. Everyone is fascinated with 5thgeneration but it just doesn't appeal to me at all. I have spent too much money and time to collect my sims4 game to move on and start all the awaiting and spending for basic things again so I dont care for Sims 5 at all
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited April 2023

EA's Chief Operating Officer said several years ago that games these days are often lasting longer with a lifespan of 10-15 years. There are some successful games out there that have lasted that long but there are also newer and successful games out there that proves the opposite.

EA/Maxis seems to have focused a little bit more on the more requested features that people have wanted lately so I believe we might actually get some other heavily requested feature with the Spring update.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    I think next Season might very well only bring us 1 or 2 Kits. People are occupied with infants and it is entirely possible that 2 EPs means these are the only Packs to expect in 2023. I am hoping for a GP as well, though.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I think next Season might very well only bring us 1 or 2 Kits. People are occupied with infants and it is entirely possible that 2 EPs means these are the only Packs to expect in 2023. I am hoping for a GP as well, though.

Lots of people want new things such as cars, horses, fairies, etc and there is ALWAYS at least gamepack each year, if not two. Maybe they are returning to their 2x2 system
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member

This exactly. I guess horses, fairies & unicorns come as EP2 (“Enchanted forest“) and that‘s all for 2023.
  • Options
    We always have at least one GP each year so who knows....
  • Options

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones because my game rarely glitches and it isn't laggy. I play without mods or cc and all the issues people report having makes me afraid to try mods.

I don't want the sims 4 to end, I have no interest in starting over with another generation of the game. I feel like sims 4 is finally getting to a point where is feels as full as sims 3 did. How long will it take sims 5 to feel as full?

I'm still hoping for a horses GP, Hotels GP, and Bands EP this year.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    edited April 2023

This exactly. I guess horses, fairies & unicorns come as EP2 (“Enchanted forest“) and that‘s all for 2023.

I could work with that. One big family EP plus one big supernatural EP (plus horses!) would definitely not be the worst year we've had.

Edited to add: of course, that depends on how comprehensive it is. I'm still generally happy with Growing Together. But if the only pack for the next 9-12 months is a single EP, I would expect to see both well-developed, in-depth systems and a better world than San Sequoia.
  • Options
    EsiaEsia Posts: 67 Member
    edited April 2023
    Amapola76 wrote: »

I could work with that. One big family EP plus one big supernatural EP (plus horses!) would definitely not be the worst year we've had.

Edited to add: of course, that depends on how comprehensive it is. I'm still generally happy with Growing Together. But if the only pack for the next 9-12 months is a single EP, I would expect to see both well-developed, in-depth systems and a better world than San Sequoia.

Let's remember there are still images from The Sims Summit showing content for this year - one with presumably Brazilian town and two showing seemingly country inspired furniture. Could the furniture be from Enchanted forest EP? Maybe, but I doesn't look that way to me. Then Brazilian town would be from GP? Maybe hotels GP?
    Of course it is also possible that none of the sneak peeks showed second EP, but I don't think it's very likely. I think if Enchanted forest EP is real (which I believe might be the case, looking at all of the fairies/ horses/ fiaries and horses stuff in Growing Together), we are getting it next year.
  • Options
    JokubasJokubas Posts: 100 Member
    logion wrote: »
    EA's Chief Operating Officer said several years ago that games these days are often lasting longer with a lifespan of 10-15 years. There are some successful games out there that have lasted that long but there are also newer and successful games out there that proves the opposite.

EA/Maxis seems to have focused a little bit more on the more requested features that people have wanted lately so I believe we might actually get some other heavily requested feature with the Spring update.
    Unfortunately, games lasting longer nowadays is almost never to the customer's benefit. Usually it comes down to either being a "live service" game, or simply the insane budgets AAA games have nowadays. Frankly, it's often not even to the publisher's benefit (let alone the developers). Live service games tend to crash and burn if they don't catch on, and the huge budgets often mean low profits even for popular releases. As a corollary, Jedi: Fallen Order was proof even to EA that a humble singleplayer game with no post-launch content can absolutely still be worth making.

The Sims 4 is a good example of this itself. Look at how many of these threads are pointing out the swathes of content it's still missing from earlier entries. The Sims 4 has almost lasted twice as long as those games, and it has less content to show for it.

With the Sims 5 not coming any time soon it can't be helped at this point, so it'd be great if we could finish as much as possible for the Sims 4, but we're not really getting more because it lasted longer.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Esia wrote: »
    Let's remember there are still images from The Sims Summit showing content for this year - one with presumably Brazilian town

I don't think so. One or two people speculated on the forum that one of the screenshots looked possibly Brazilian. But the gurus have said more recently that both of the world screenshots we saw back then were actually from early concept art for San Sequoia, rather than one for each EP. So I don't think we have any real idea where the next EP (or any hypothetical GP) could be located.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see a pack set in Brazil. I just don't think there's any basis for assuming that we will get one at this point.