Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    edited March 2023
    Hmm I wonder why the workaround wouldn't work for PC/Mac as well, only console.
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    Future wrote: »

Logic says it would, but I dunno. I'm going to hold off on patching for a bit to make sure the new bugfix doesn't bring in new bugs even as it tries to fix the old one. And btw, who else thinks that now that they have patched out losing teeth, we will never ever see it make a return.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.

Logic says it would, but I dunno. I'm going to hold off on patching for a bit to make sure the new bugfix doesn't bring in new bugs even as it tries to fix the old one. And btw, who else thinks that now that they have patched out losing teeth, we will never ever see it make a return.

Hopefully it's not a situation similar to the balconies from Eco Lifestyle apartments. Buggy, removed, never to return. I still miss em.
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,082 Member
    I thought my EA app had broken and was wondering why it was asking me to download again! Thanks for the heads up (and no more loose tooth!)
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member

I can only think of 2 reasons, either mods can have an impact or they’re going to leave the feature broken on the console version but can’t really do that with PC or they’d get a lot of complaints.

I know that sounds a bit negative but the control scheme on console has been broken for months and feedback is ignored, I think console problems are low priority.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    And btw, who else thinks that now that they have patched out losing teeth, we will never ever see it make a return.

I wouldn't be totally surprised, but I hope not.
  • honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    i'm glad they removed it instead of trying to fix it while drowning in complaints. the bug was beyond unacceptable. @Future i had no idea balconies were a thing with eco lifestyle. i bought it like a year after release and nothing i saw at the time mentioned balconies. too bad they never returned. like you said, hopefully they don't "forget" about this feature too.
    edited March 2023
    honeywitch wrote: »
    i'm glad they removed it instead of trying to fix it while drowning in complaints. the bug was beyond unacceptable. @Future i had no idea balconies were a thing with eco lifestyle. i bought it like a year after release and nothing i saw at the time mentioned balconies. too bad they never returned. like you said, hopefully they don't "forget" about this feature too.

I believe it was the GameChangers who discovered the bug with the balconies and the usability was removed before the official release. So everyone was shocked and disappointed because we got to see that they exist through their videos but by the time we got to play the game ourselves, it was already removed.

And they never brought them back. I guess we’ll never know why. That’s why I’m curious of the fate of this tooth thing. The fact that console players still have the feature gives me hope it won’t be totally removed.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    edited March 2023

I believe it was the GameChangers who discovered the bug with the balconies and the usability was removed before the official release. So everyone was shocked and disappointed because we got to see that they exist through their videos but by the time we got to play the game ourselves, it was already removed.

And they never brought them back. I guess we’ll never know why. That’s why I’m curious of the fate of this tooth thing. The fact that console players still have the feature gives me hope it won’t be totally removed.
    They didn’t forget. They said they weren’t able to find a way to have them be usable whenever the apartments went through the modern upgrade, forgot what the pack calls it. But because the apartments change looks based on the eco stuff that can be voted on,the balconies ended up being effected by it, they decided to keep them unusable. Still disappointing

They didn’t forget. They said they weren’t able to find a way to have them be usable whenever the apartments went through the modern upgrade, forgot what the pack calls it. But because the apartments change looks based on the eco stuff that can be voted on,the balconies ended up being effected by it, they decided to keep them unusable. Still disappointing

I honestly forgot the buildings in that world change appearance lol haven’t played there in so long.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I'd rather mod the issue than hot fix and lose this feature for who knows how long. Hopefully they figure it out quick though. Such a bummer to miss out on one of the new EP features. I understand it's an awful bug to have.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

This is true. I remember that. It was not forgotten, rather turned out unworkable.

However, you can put stuff out on the balcony with T.O.O.L. though it is still considered "indoors". I just tested it.
    (And yes that's Ace Ventura. ALLLLRIGHTY then!) :D

Ay5as5g.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    My children had loose teeth and I didn‘t notice any change of appearance that bothered me. If they also nerfed the buggy children biking, the pack would have no gameplay feature at all.
    edited March 2023
    My children had loose teeth and I didn‘t notice any change of appearance that bothered me. If they also nerfed the buggy children biking, the pack would have no gameplay feature at all.

I think it’s when the kid still has the loose tooth moodlet when they age up. Then everything looks crazy.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member

I think it’s when the kid still has the loose tooth moodlet when they age up. Then everything looks crazy.

Yes now that you say it I noticed that my teenagers had a very “low“ mouth. I thought it was bad genetics and fixed it manually.
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    My children had lost their teeth too and had no problems. Now in my game the dialogue menu is gone and back to the old menu. I really did like the new dialogue menu system.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I hope it comes back I was just playing with that feature and didn't have any noticeable issues with either if my kids.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited March 2023
    Really cannot defend them this time around. They literally removed one of the many features of the EP that they were hyping up for so long, because they couldn't fix the bugs and issues with it...wow. Imagine the next time if toddlers or infants got a game breaking bug they will start to disabling entire major game mechanics such as life stages! How far will they go...yikes! :# still cannot forgive them for disabling Auto Save permanently for PC since they never bothered to fix it...so unfair how console players have it still...
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    My children had lost their teeth too and had no problems. Now in my game the dialogue menu is gone and back to the old menu. I really did like the new dialogue menu system.

Have you tried checking the menu? It might be worth ticking and unticking the ‘traditional menu’ box a few times and see if that restarts it?
  • vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    The triplets had each lost a tooth right before the update - they seem stuck with a gap in their mouth now 🤦
    The triplets had each lost a tooth right before the update - they seem stuck with a gap in their mouth now 🤦

Lol I feel like the gapped kids will stay toothless post update unless you go in CAS and give them a new set of teef… if that’s even possible. Surprised they didn’t mention that in the patch notes.

Lol I feel like the gapped kids will stay toothless post update unless you go in CAS and give them a new set of teef… if that’s even possible. Surprised they didn’t mention that in the patch notes.

I agree, lol - looks like the Crowley kids are going to be a classy bunch!
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    edited March 2023
    I'm hoping "They" are trying to find a fix to the issue. Since it seems so popular. Perhaps unable to age up untill the loose-tooth issue is resolved. Like not being able to age up a pregnant Sim.

Toothless!!!
    fc5b2c2f4ec117c215c1835993b966de.jpg

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

Update: When they aged into teenagers they got all their teeth back :) , hurrah!
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    edited March 2023

PC/Mac are able to send out quick patches easier vs console, I believe. I think patches for console have to go through a verification process/system or something. So they're probably choosing to simply not worry about sending the patch for console and just focus on getting it fixed.

Or something like that.

EDIT: I believe the workaround doesn't actually fix anything, but rather the lesser of the two evil results (as I think you end up getting the short nose glitch if you do the workaround, I THINK).