Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Only in the Sims

Okay. I wanted to post this because some random stuff has been happening lately. The story goes like this:

I'm playing a normal on Sims 4, then out of nowhere, the teapot catches on fire, and I can't get to the corner piece blocked by the kitchen countertops, I cannot go into build mode to move stuff to put out the fire. It keeps burning. Alarms go off, the fire department comes, and I let them in, but they can't put out the fire either, everything just keeps burning. As you do, my sim's partner goes off to work during the fire. Helpless, and all I and the firefighters can do is watch it burn. Minutes later, it decides to vanish, with no evidence, no damage whatsoever. What, the heck did I just witness?

Has anyone had something bizarre happen lately on the Sims?
Until next time!

Take care all!

- C

giphy.gif

Comments

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    On a guess, very sloppy programming. Have never had anything remotely close to that happen in a Sims game & I've been playing since the beginning/
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Yeah, nobody would save my infant from a fire, and I thought she was done for until I managed to have someone call the fire brigade. Also, in this save, my sims almost never do the dishes.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
    Noticed yesterday that even with the alarm and sprinkler system installed a kitchen fire spreads rapidly before the sprinkler eventually activates. In TS 2 the alarm sounds and water starts pouring down almost immediately. If DU is the pack that supposedly provided firemen, they never showed up.
  • EleriEleri Posts: 547 Member
    Firemen was a base game update, but that's not the important point. Tea pots can catch fire now?!
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
    Teapots seem safe at the moment. Using the stove can be perilous. That's why the sprinkler response should be instant and massive. As in TS2.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    Wow, Teapots can catch fire? Does that include the pretty Teapots in Tartosa? Way cool glitch. :pB)
  • hely0thely0t Posts: 345 Member
    This reminded me that when I played last week, I loaded the game in one household, and somehow the dog toy box (which lives in their garden) was burnt, along with something else but I don't remember what. I've no idea how the box could've been burnt. Nothing lives outside that could've caused a fire, and no thunderstorms either (I'm assuming lightning in the game can set things alight).
    "You've got a face, I've got a face, it's all gonna be alright." - Noel Fielding
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    Stoves catch on fire too often in The Sims 2. Good thing is the fire department shows up fast and puts it out.

A few years back, in TS3, I started the game and it said something about a sim death - although it was not authentic. None of the other sims were mourning and he still showed up in the household portrait. I researched this and found out that I needed to split up the household and put them back together. Problem solved.
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,080 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Wow, Teapots can catch fire? Does that include the pretty Teapots in Tartosa? Way cool glitch. :pB)

I wonder if the same happens for that coffee machine?
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    @hely0t Do you by chance breed bombardier beetles in the EL insect farm? The can set things on fire (and move through windows and doors, apparently, because I once had them burn something in an adjacent room.)