Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lifespan duration with mc command center

Patiently awaiting Mc command center update to include infants in life span adjustments. While we wait let discuss the length of the life spans and what length adjustments can be made.

I personally play on normal lifespan. With the new GT pack they introduced milestone achievements for each lifespan. If you want to have a top notch sim for every age the current normal duration isn't cutting it... at least for me.

○Newborn - 2 days - No adjustments needed.

○Infant - 5 days - This doesn't feel long enough. Maybe in the realm of 7-13 depending on if you want to be a helicopter parent and get most if not all of the milestones.

○Toddler - 7 days - Same thing with the infants, this doesn't feel long enough either. 10 -13 days to complete milestones.

○Child - 13 days - No adjustments needed

○Teen - 21 days - Feels a bit to long. I usually adjustment it to 13-16 days depending on the sim and their goals.

○Young Adult - 24 days - No adjustments needed if they aren't going to Uni. University students need more time 35-40 days is generous just for uni.

○Adult - 33 days - No adjustments needed. I've found in the normal span that they can reach level 10+ with University degree easily.

○Elder- 14 days - Not long enough if they want to spend time with the grandchildren. 30-40 days for a good retirement life.

Current lifespan chart short | normal | long
1 | 2 | 4 : Baby
- | 5 | 7 : Infant
3 | 7 | 28 : Toddler
7 | 13 | 52 : Child
7 | 21 | 52 : Teen
11 | 24 | 88 : Young Adult
11 | 33 | 88 : Adult
5 | 14 | 36 : Elder

What do your days look like per lifespan? What adjustments have you made for your gameplay?

Comments

• Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Mine are like this:
    Newborn- 3
    Infant- 5
    Toddler- 5
    Child- 10
    Teen- 13
    Y adult- 30
    Adult- 30
    Elder- 30
    I keep mine on normal always, but I pause all aging when I want extra time with a Sim or family (university is paused completely after week one).
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,955 Member
    I play my main story save on Long, although I haven’t played it since before the update… actually I haven’t updated my game yet, I’m waiting to get Growing Together which I don’t have the money for right now.
    I feel like Long for adults is way too long now, previously it was 88 days and now it’s 168! So I’m planning to readjust things so that the Long lifespans match what they were before.
    I tend to turn aging off entirely when a Sim is at university.