Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best Friends Spam Overload?

This is getting ridiculous. Constantly having Sims autonomously wanting to be best friends. Is there a way to shut that off? Or at least tone it down?

Said "Hello" to the caterer, then suddenly he wants to be best friends. "What? No way! I don't even know you!". :grimace::p:D

PPTsLlE.png
Reticulating Splines...
9ODVlJh.png

Comments

• Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    At the very least you shouldn’t get negative sentiments for declining, that’s so very annoying. I’m not sure if it’s from the update or new pack, but I’m getting constant requests to move in also. My Sim was visited by her sister-in-law, and seconds after inviting her inside she was asked to move in together. I’m like no, your husband doesn't want you randomly moving in with his sister, and what about your children? The constant requests like that do seriously need some tuning.
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    I've started just accepting whoever asks, because (as far as I know) there's no relationship change for de-BFFing someone, whereas there is for denying a BFF with someone. Even if they're just the pizza dude and you greeted them with a Polite introduction.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,872 Member
    Fortunately, we can now have multiple best friends, so accepting one of those doesn't remove any existing BFFs.
    @Smellincoffee I've started accepting everyone too, at least with my current sim who wishes to be best friends with everybody.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

That guy is most certainly persistent. In 3 days of in-game playing, Dett McKinnon keeps calling Alexander Goth wanting to be best friends. :D

"I think you're swell! Let's be best friends."
    "NOOOO!!!"

Reminds me of the movie Cable Guy :#
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• BonjourwomanBonjourwoman Posts: 338 Member
    It's very annoying. I'll have sims just walk right up in my house and ask.🤬
    edited March 2023
    It's very annoying. I'll have sims just walk right up in my house and ask.🤬
    :D:D:p

Hopefully this will be fixed in a patch.

In the meantime...

"Wanna be best friends?"
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    I keep reading of people getting inundated with best friend requests but my Sim hasn't been asked once. Now I'm wondering what he's done wrong :D
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,914 Member
    @Future , your sim is not only one :D same with my sim, even her boyfriend has not asked that :p
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I agree it does need toned down. My sims are always getting bugged had to keep my sims at home because of all the bff requests.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• BonjourwomanBonjourwoman Posts: 338 Member
    BMSO wrote: »
    I agree it does need toned down. My sims are always getting bugged had to keep my sims at home because of all the bff requests.

That doesn't do no good for me. They come to my house and walk right in like they own the place and ask away. LOL
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Yes, I dislike how sims burst into your home to ask to be best friends. No knock at the door or call to come over, nothing.

They'll even walk in on your sim in the bathroom to ask.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited March 2023
    It's a simple fix, just set it so that they can't ask it until their friend bar is above a certain level, and voilá, problem solved. I've no idea why they haven't already when they implemented the feature.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,231 Member
    edited March 2023
    There is an option : NPC Relationship Autonomy

I'm not sure if it's related to this behavior but you can try to uncheck it and see if it stops.

cgrzegumjg4n.jpg
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited March 2023
    My issues with this and the prom invites and the crushes and the bf/gf request is the frequency and that it never seems to read the game properly. I like these features and don’t want to turn them off but it is a case that you say hi to a sim and suddenly they blast you.

They should add in some filters where you only get asked every now and again by sims you’ve already shown some interest in and one rejection stops them asking for a while.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    JustinB113 wrote: »
    My issues with this and the prom invites and the crushes and the bf/gf request is the frequency and that it never seems to read the game properly.

I like these features, but it is a case that you say hi to a sim and suddenly they blast you.

I had a sim that barely knew my sim ask to become BFF which I accepted then next day she called and said she wanted to move in with my sim since they were BFF. No way, Jose!
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,231 Member
    edited March 2023
    One NPC also asks to every members of the household to be best friends.

Best friends for 5 minutes ...
    edited March 2023
    @LeGardePourpre I'll try that NPC Autonomy Relationship unchecked and see itf that makes a difference.

Because now in addition to BFF spam requests, my Sims are getting spammed with marriage proposal requests...for crying out loud!!!

I did find a cheat code to undo the "Dejected from Rejection" sentiment, but can't find it for "Creeped Out" or "Needs Space".

Here it is for "Dejected". The first name is the one with the sentiment, then second the one who caused it.

modifyrelationship Miwa Shibata Ace Ventura -100 sentimentTrack_Hurt_ST_rejected

Here's a link with most of the sentiment codes. But some are missing from this site.

https://simscommunity.info/2020/12/10/the-sims-4-sentiment-cheats-base-game/

@JustinB113 And yes I'm starting to see that's a problem with the Prom thing too for Teen Sims. :#:(

@Smellincoffee Accepting a BFF request then cancelling it later is one thing, but what are my Sims supposed to do now? Accept every marriage proposal then get divorced right after? :D

EDIT: Out of the blue, not even talking to Ace (Not in a conversation), Miwa proposed marriage then appeared on the map after. I hit Esc when the message popped up, but that made it a rejection I guess. Then two more proposals by women at Geek Con Festival after that and one by a gay man, lol! :D

9uEVm8M.png

Then two more best friends requests after saying hello to random people..... :#
    (Where's the crazy erratic smiley on these forums? Heh heh!)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    @Admiral8Q I don’t know if you use mods at all, but UI cheats allows you to right click a sentiment and shorten the duration or outright remove it instantly. I’m personally just dealing with these annoying requests now using a combo of UI cheats and MCCC (to repair relationships).
    edited March 2023
    There is an option : NPC Relationship Autonomy

I'm not sure if it's related to this behavior but you can try to uncheck it and see if it stops.

cgrzegumjg4n.jpg

I checked my game today and I had this setting disabled. I wonder if that’s why my Sims haven’t been asked to be besties yet by any NPCs. Maybe this is the “fix” after all.

Ok this is starting to look like a bug to me. Had one Sim in 3 consecutive pop-ups ask to be BFF, then Boyfriend/Girlfriend, then proposed marriage.

Awhile later, while on a date with another Sim, a different Sim that I know is already married, came up and wanted to be BF/GF, then after starting the date with someone else, that Sim proposed marriage. I just accepted to see what would happen.

What happened is, that Sim gave a hug, the date with the other Sim ended in 'bronze' instantly and the sim that proposed marriage became an 'unknown' un-met Sim. Clicking on the Sim that I accepted the instant marriage proposal had the options for 'introductions'. So I did a friendly introduction and the green bar appeared as if meeting that person for the first time. I did check before that in the relations and that sim was completely gone until I initiated an introduction.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

Kita5399 wrote: »
    @Admiral8Q I don’t know if you use mods at all, but UI cheats allows you to right click a sentiment and shorten the duration or outright remove it instantly. I’m personally just dealing with these annoying requests now using a combo of UI cheats and MCCC (to repair relationships).

Because this is really looking looking like a bug, I'm up for that mod that can erase a sentiment. You can post the link here and description. So others who want to use it can see. Or send me a PM. :)

If accepting all these BFF's, GF/BF's, and Marriage Proposals is messing things up, I' rather say "NO", take the sentiment hit then remove it. Rather than have the complete relation reset because of a bug. To me this is what mods are for. When a game that is supposed to be fun messes up, someone or some people make a way to fix an annoying bug. B)

A "Mod" that does this basically takes the 'cheat' codes and puts them into a program application (App for short) instead of having to manually have to type in the codes all the time to fix something.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• graecyngraecyn Posts: 7 New Member
    This is annoying me, plus, that job center call thing every day is driving me up a wall too.
    graecyn wrote: »
    This is annoying me, plus, that job centre call thing every day is driving me up a wall too.

At least the job agency thing can be dismissed without penalty. :|
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    The first time this happened it was with a couple that had a high friendship bar and a medium romance bar, and I thought it was so special. Now it has become a total annoyance because it happens with every Sim mine meet. Even ones they dislike or are already married to another Sim. In my mind, that is a bug. I don't own HSY so why are my Sims getting this 'Let's be BFFs, or 'Can I move in' every time they leave the house and meet someone new? It's crazy!!
    edited March 2023
    I still haven’t been asked to be anyones BFF yet. But I am being asked by everyone I have a good conversation with if they can move in with me. And I just noticed the bad sentiment when I say no. More than that, apparently my Sim gets a sad moodlet that says he’s feeling bad from being around someone he turned down or something like that.

I was even playing a household that already has 8 sims so I’m kinda curious what would happen if I say yes the next time my Sim is asked since the household is full.