Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I set the purchasing of lottery into everyday event in calendar?

I want my Sims to purchase lottery ticket everyday but I don't know how to set it up in the calendar because I could not find the lottery option. How do I do that?

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I think this is a hidden event, you can't delete it and you can't add it more often.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    @crocobaura is correct, this is a hidden event, not something we have control of.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    The lottery event can be cancelled on the calendar before the day of the event. I never let my Sims take part in it because I got tired of newborns winning. Or random Sims that can't be tracked down and only exist in the game's imagination. The only advice can I give is to search for a mod for the lottery event. There are many mod creators out there that have random holiday traditions mods, I use many of them myself, and those add many fun things for your Sims to do on holidays. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/mods this link is to the mods section where they might be able to help you find the lottery tradition. :)
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    @bootsguy Here is another link to a mod creator. I use a lot of her holiday traditions, but I don't remember seeing one for the Lottery. Good luck in your search. https://kiarasims4mods.net/traditions/
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member

I think I had a ghost cat or something win the lottery before. :D

Haven't had any foxes win the lottery yet though. :p
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    edited March 2023
    I'm not sure if you are still looking for a solution but I this is the mod I use:
    Make Hidden Holiday Traditions Selectable by EP1CxEMAN08 @ MTS updated: 14th Mar 2023
    Description
    This mod will as the title suggests, makes the hidden holiday traditions selectable. The list of traditions that were previously unselectable but is selectable now thanks to this mod is down there.

Changes
    These Holiday Traditions are now selectable:
    Free Food and Drinks
    Purchase a Lottery Ticket
    Shopping Rebate
    Skill Improvement
    Talk Like a Pirate
    TV Season Premiere
    Give Funny Gift
    Give Mean Gift
    Give Romantic Gifts
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    edited March 2023
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    I'm not sure if you are still looking for a solution but I this is the mod I use:
    Make Hidden Holiday Traditions Selectable by EP1CxEMAN08 @ MTS updated: 14th Mar 2023
    Description
    This mod will as the title suggests, makes the hidden holiday traditions selectable. The list of traditions that were previously unselectable but is selectable now thanks to this mod is down there.

Changes
    Free Food and Drinks
    Shopping Rebate
    Skill Improvement
    Talk Like a Pirate
    TV Season Premiere
    Give Funny Gift
    Give Mean Gift
    Give Romantic Gifts

Yep that’s exactly what OP needs! Once they download this, they can create a holiday and add the “Purchase Lottery Ticket” tradition.

I’m still laughing at Sims buying a lotto ticket every single day. I love it.
  • bootsguybootsguy Posts: 890 Member
    Description

Changes
    Free Food and Drinks
    Shopping Rebate
    Skill Improvement
    Talk Like a Pirate
    TV Season Premiere
    Give Funny Gift
    Give Mean Gift
    Give Romantic Gifts

So I still need the mod since this is a hidden event?
  • bootsguybootsguy Posts: 890 Member
    @SimplyJen I just downloaded the mod since I can have the freedom to set this event in my Sims calendar. Thank you!

• SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    Indeed a hidden holiday tradition without mods. Get ready to have every other sim rich even the pets but never your own sims. :D
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Natalia3379Natalia3379 Posts: 2 New Member
    Has anyones sim actually ever won the lottery? Is it possible or is the whole event fake and a way to annoy me?
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    I've had one win once - and maybe only once lol
  • kerryemmiebethkerryemmiebeth Posts: 400 Member
    I've won a few times
  • FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    Indeed a hidden holiday tradition without mods. Get ready to have every other sim rich even the pets but never your own sims. :D

The pets too?? :o
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Has anyones sim actually ever won the lottery? Is it possible or is the whole event fake and a way to annoy me?

Only once, as far as I'm aware. Though it's possible that a couple of other households in my rotation won while I was playing a different household, and I just didn't notice the popup. I have definitely come back to a few of my households and found that they had significantly more simoleans than I expected. Could be unnoticed lottery winnings, could be a bug, could be my middle aged memory. Hard to say for sure. :D
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member

Yes, my first scenario sim won a million dollars, like the second day I created her and played her…. Lol. She still lives in a little lot over the water in Sulani, but she now has nice furniture and can go on vacation whenever she wants….. lol. I don’t use mods, and I often forget to buy a lottery ticket. If you pay attention to who wins the lottery, you might even be able to meet a rich spouse!
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,103 Member
    I have never once had a sim of mine win the Lottery. Feels very true to life if I'm honest. :D