Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Willow Creek Rebuild help - what else to add besides Magnolla Park

Im rebuilding willow creek - trying to bring back renovated old buildings like the classic Magollla park - i added community bulletin board, some food vendors, local merchant sellers and splash pad area for the kids.

so debating either bring back the and library and make it more modern 0r turn one of them into an activity center (as i found hard to renovate the library so limited spacing.

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,555 Member
    If you are sticking to the older look of the town, I would keep to that style for the library and any other buildings.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • fazemanpressfazemanpress Posts: 206 Member
    oh - was thinking of making bit modern? like adding a community center - and few other stuff? as the older building type is limited for restoration
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

@fazemanpress Are you using T.O.O.L. or something to rebuild the actual world itself? Or do you mean the lots?
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

Admiral8Q wrote: »
    @fazemanpress Are you using T.O.O.L. or something to rebuild the actual world itself? Or do you mean the lots?

i play on console was just redoing the lots mostly - adding new stuff to Willowcreek or upgrading it abit
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited March 2023
    Willow Creek is based on New Orleans. It's known to be very haunted and has a bit of a mystical air with fortune tellers for tourists etc.

There's a thriving live music scene, so a Lounge would work well.

An occult/curio shop or occult hangout where Mediums hang out and do séances/ceremonies would fit here.

A Wedding Venue, Park or Generic church/cemetery lot also fits the theme. Graves/urns would be in family mausoleums/vaults or above ground via foundations/platforms due to the swampy nature of the area.

A Café or French/Cajun Restaurant would be round out the strip, due to the French/Cajun influence.

Homes/businesses wouldn't have basements, again due to the swampy terrain. Some houses may be Haunted House Residential and some lots may have have the Spooky or Cursed lot traits.
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Willow Creek is based on New Orleans. It's known to be very haunted and has a bit of a mystical air with fortune tellers for tourists etc.

There's a thriving live music scene, so a Lounge would work well.

An occult/curio shop or occult hangout where Mediums hang out and do séances/ceremonies would fit here.

A Wedding Venue, Park or Generic church/cemetery lot also fits the theme. Graves/urns would be in family mausoleums/vaults or above ground via foundations/platforms due to the swampy nature of the area.

A Café or French/Cajun Restaurant would be round out the strip, due to the French/Cajun influence.

Homes/businesses wouldn't have basements, again due to the swampy terrain. Some houses may be Haunted House Residential and some lots may have have the Spooky or Cursed lot traits.

Lol your true Historian - now you mention it i didnt think of it that way - just thought it of as sims games and just update the town/builidings and modernize it as how i wanted.

as my sims family legacy has an basement home lol and not the original house from willowcreek

as i wanted to add community centre etc - update the museum and library and add a church/cemetery

i play on console was just redoing the lots mostly - adding new stuff to Willowcreek or upgrading it abit

Awesome! I'll show you what I have so far for Willow Creek. I'm not going "historical", just changing lots to what on my whim, and I think is fun. Played residential lots change on their own anyways as I play one.

I suppose mainly have something different than what 'vanilla' has.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

edited March 2023
    @fazemanpress

My current state of Willow Creek.
    Still want to eventually replace or rebuild the remaining 'vanilla' lots.

zK34c9T.png

EDIT:

The museum is "Natural History Museum" that someone else made.

The nightclub, gym, and library are just placeholders for now until I feel like putting something else on each lot. I have some cool versions of those venues in other worlds now.

The reason I reverted to the original Magnolia Park was because awhile ago there was an online event there.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

@fazemanpress

zK34c9T.png

omg looks good - i want to add a community centre - and downloaded a upgraded magnolla park and maybe update library too.

what is the 1 community lot - from left - i like your buildings you have - is this downloadable

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited March 2023
    Mine so far
    but I am rather stuck with the commercial part actually :sweat_smile:
    the thing is I added bank (get famous vaults n such)
    and courthouse (still empty inside)

but now it seems so odd to add anything right next to those :sweat_smile:
    I might however yes do graveyard somewhere maybe the lot next to spencer kim lewis would be lovely for it

vEnAqso.png

Also yeah I didn't really go with New Orleans theme
    I know about america about as much as americans know about europe
    I am also not really fan of the shotgun style houses so I did kind of just delete that theme :sweat_smile:
    (lothario is also not staying on that lot but its just sort of there cause I needed basic lawn world for it)
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Unfortunately, when it comes to Willow Creek, I just put in my tree landscape lots. The world is so boring, unlike Oasis Springs.
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Mine so far
    but I am rather stuck with the commercial part actually :sweat_smile:
    the thing is I added bank (get famous vaults n such)
    and courthouse (still empty inside)

but now it seems so odd to add anything right next to those :sweat_smile:
    I might however yes do graveyard somewhere maybe the lot next to spencer kim lewis would be lovely for it

vEnAqso.png

Also yeah I didn't really go with New Orleans theme
    I know about america about as much as americans know about europe
    I am also not really fan of the shotgun style houses so I did kind of just delete that theme :sweat_smile:
    (lothario is also not staying on that lot but its just sort of there cause I needed basic lawn world for it)

haha tbh i agree they look so dated shotgun style houses - i wanted willowcreek to be more modern - newer houses and eco friendly
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    I am also renovating Willow Creek as I am tired of the swampy feel. I replaced the library with the one from San Sequoia. I think it is a very nice looking build with a modern feel. I changed the interior a bit to add a media center for bloggers who can't afford to buy the equipment needed, and I added a debate room. I think that will give my sims more reason to visit.

I moved the Goths and their house to Forgotten Hollow. Their house's architecture doesn't match the vision of what I want this area to look like.

There are some nice churches in the gallery, in many different architectural styles and sizes. I have one in Henford on Bagley that looks very medieval. I did a lot of searching for one that fit into that world. You should be able to find something nice; there are plenty of choices and some of them are set up to host weddings. Some of them also have graveyards. I don't use my medieval church for weddings though, as it is quite small and hasn't the room for a reception.

@fazemanpress

zK34c9T.png

omg looks good - i want to add a community centre - and downloaded a upgraded magnolla park and maybe update library too.

what is the 1 community lot - from left - i like your buildings you have - is this downloadable

To be honest, until recently, I have been neglecting Willow Creek. The roundish residential on the top right corner is a brand new build I started about 2 days ago. The big residential with the rocket ships is my oldest build that happened literally over years of playing and kept adding to it.

The one community lot from left???

All 3 of these are not my builds and yes downloadable from the Gallery. I originally had the Royal Art Center in Del Sol, but ended up moving it here instead.

JdIR2Ko.png

Like SERVERFRA said, Willow Creek can seem boring. Sooo... why not spice it up then! :smiley:
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

Monet11 wrote: »
    I am also renovating Willow Creek as I am tired of the swampy feel. I replaced the library with the one from San Sequoia. I think it is a very nice looking build with a modern feel. I changed the interior a bit to add a media center for bloggers who can't afford to buy the equipment needed, and I added a debate room. I think that will give my sims more reason to visit.

I moved the Goths and their house to Forgotten Hollow. Their house's architecture doesn't match the vision of what I want this area to look like.

There are some nice churches in the gallery, in many different architectural styles and sizes. I have one in Henford on Bagley that looks very medieval. I did a lot of searching for one that fit into that world. You should be able to find something nice; there are plenty of choices and some of them are set up to host weddings. Some of them also have graveyards. I don't use my medieval church for weddings though, as it is quite small and hasn't the room for a reception.

I agree i got bored of the old new orleans home and wanted to update it - as one part of the neighborhood The Reed family own it - like they live next door to each other or kids

My original idea was to renovate the existing buildings had no luck limited spacing and the design didnt work, yes good idea might incorporate the new library.

Too bad the community center is really big to fit, so working on new one based off real life arena in town where i live to make it community area.
    oh you moved the goths eh? - i wanted to keep the og families from sims 3 in willowcreek and give goths a newer type home.

thanks will look at churches and other stuff in the gallery

THERE!!!

Made Magnolia Park more interesting! HAHAHA!!! :p:D

I may actually keep that and tweak that build into a park venue. Hmm...

LIL2sxx.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

THERE!!!

Made Magnolia Park more interesting! HAHAHA!!! :p:D

I may actually keep that and tweak that build into a park venue. Hmm...

LIL2sxx.png

omg :o:D - has disneyland vibes with that castle tho - that be hilarious if u added small splash pad etc

Yeppers! I'm totally keeping that as Magnolia Park. Fits in with the accidental theme already of castles and palaces. B)

It's friggy yibs awesome!

RUmuKb9.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

Yeppers! I'm totally keeping that as Magnolia Park. Fits in with the accidental theme already of castles and palaces. B)

RUmuKb9.png

🐸🐸🐸🐸 how u get it to glow like that
    Monet11 wrote: »

Good call on the Goth's house. I should brighten it up on the exterior. I have done alot of renovating on the interior. Haven't played them though in ages.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

RUmuKb9.png

🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸 how u get it to glow like that

i think those glow things are realm of magic debug but I would have never thought to use them this way this has given me some ideas which may or may not materialize one day
    edited March 2023
    Also same about Goths they're in Forgotten Hollow in my save too so I deleted their Willow Creek house

I have yet to really decide where their family expands though since I did give them rather small house (more so ts1 proportions less so ts3 proportions) so who knows
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    Here's an older thread that might help with some ideas.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/999084/show-me-your-willow-creek/p1

tysm - will check it out - debating on bowling alley etc

tysm - will check it out - debating on bowling alley etc

I love that! I should put a bowling alley in. Haven't done that yet on any worlds.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png