Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think we would have new Music Instruments in the future?

Hello everyone,

So I know we have music instruments in the Game already but having more would be really refreshing. However, I feel like the Team is not planning on adding more in the game. The last Music Instrument was the station in Get Famous and all the other ones that came into the game are ones that already exist in the game (guitar in the werewolf, piano in my wedding stories and Growing together). The fact that Werewolves could have electric guitars but didn't really tickled the idea that the team is no longer adding any in the game.

So what do you think?

Do you think we would have new Music Instruments in the future? 67 votes

Yes, we will have more new music instruments in the future
34%
MichelleWLizzychicagogreydonnchristyb2852CAPTAIN_NXR7ChadSims2YBNS2468Bren91QuaayHorrorgirl6superkyle221MondayWildIrishBansheeBewitchingSashaRouensimsCelticlassplumboy23IsharellEpsiPlayFamilyFarmer 23 votes
Yes, but maybe just one or two and that's it
22%
crocobaurarudy8292rudolphachickenowg01denswanJoybearrLeccaDoloresGreyLSM36honeywitchKathMHughesNushkatatselkgamercatFinkira 15 votes
Yes, I think they could but I'm not really sure
23%
MsMayBariSaxyMissyHissylexus20StarfreedoedearLoanetSoapBubbleSAEldarinAtreya33SERVERFRALady_BalloraAmapola76Areeds23lucombresarahthomas123 16 votes
No, but they'll keep adding versions of the base game instruments
4%
pammiechickUncagedSongbirdThirteenCatz2 3 votes
No, I don't think but I really wish for new music instruments
10%
LilZairaGracePlayerSinger2010CarmineChicklet453681AenalaJALFuture 7 votes
No
4%
IcewolfsinisterlemonsRieferball 3 votes

Comments

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited March 2023
    I'm terribly cynical, and I really want more instruments but I don't know if they'll turn up.

The Upright Piano is coming to Sims, but that's going to work like the piano, just smaller. I would like a whole pack dedicated to music and bands. Playing in groups, adding wind instruments, drums, maybe the harp.

Part of the problem is that you'll need to find musicians to put their music in, multiple genres, some bad music for when you're learning, some good for when you're top skill, and that adds to the budget of the pack.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • lunnarilalunnarila Posts: 221 Member
    I think singer career/music bands is still a think and highly requested feature for YEARS. So I am sure such pack WILL come with new instruments though I am not sure how many of them. We already have a few kinds of guitars and pianos, violin so I am not sure what more could come. I would die for drums and percussion and not having much more ideas. So I hesitate between smal and big range of instruments
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited March 2023
    We need an entire friggin’ pack dedicated to music!!

I’ve been wanting this since forever:
    Bands and Musical Ensembles.
    • A system similar to GT clubs will give a player the option to form a band or a musical group.
    • A sim with high enough skill in a specific instrument can start a band or ensemble and begin band practice.
    • A band or group with high enough band skill will be able to organize a gig, or attract a manager that can organize gigs for them.
    • A band might be invited to play at a Wedding or other Event.
    • A band or group will receive ratings based on their performance and music sales.
    • Sales in merchandise will boost a group’s revenue.
    • New gig venues and the option to place a performance stage / markers on any lot.

Band / ensembles examples:
    • Rock/ Indie/ (Synth) Pop band.
    • Hip Hop/Rap group.
    • Choir. (kids,classical, gospel)
    • String Quartet.
    • Mariachi bands!

Instruments and skills that currently exist can be used in combination:
    • Piano.(BG) Synth (CL)
    • Acoustic Guitar. (BG)
    • Violin.(BG).
    • Singing. (CL)
    • Organ. (Vampires).

Instruments and skills:
    • Electric Guitar.
    • Bass Guitar.
    • Drums.
    • Cello & Double Bass.
    • A Rapper Mic/ Sound Box?
    • Brass instruments (sax, trumpet etc.)

Crossover with other EP's:
    • Bands performance level will affect GF’s Fame system.
    • A Sim with a DU degree in Fine Art or Drama will get higher pay out for completed gigs.
    • Gigs will be added to the calendar in Seasons.BG.
    • Create a Merch. Store via GTW retail.
    • Perform at Weddings (MWS)

I'm aware that developing a GP/EP like this will take a considerable amount of resources to record music with different instruments for different genres at different levels in different combinations and create animations based on each variant. Twas a mouthful.
  • jomilejjomilej Posts: 190 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    I'm terribly cynical, and I really want more instruments but I don't know if they'll turn up.

The Upright Piano is coming to Sims, but that's going to work like the piano, just smaller. I would like a whole pack dedicated to music and bands. Playing in groups, adding wind instruments, drums, maybe the harp.

Part of the problem is that you'll need to find musicians to put their music in, multiple genres, some bad music for when you're learning, some good for when you're top skill, and that adds to the budget of the pack.

Yes, the budget is what seems to stop them from adding more music instruments, but I still think like they should at least add something here and there (most classical instruments don't need new musics, there are already public access musics out there) the failure part is the real difficulty imo
    lunnarila wrote: »
    I think singer career/music bands is still a think and highly requested feature for YEARS. So I am sure such pack WILL come with new instruments though I am not sure how many of them. We already have a few kinds of guitars and pianos, violin so I am not sure what more could come. I would die for drums and percussion and not having much more ideas. So I hesitate between smal and big range of instruments

I don't know if they'll add those but Harps, Accordeons, Drums, Electric guitars, Flutes, clarinettes for the European/Western instruments but they can add instruments from other areas as well: Djembés, Marimbas, Koras and valiha (sounds a bit like harps though, but with an african vibe). Guzheng if they're inspired by China or Korea, Erhus, Indian Sitars, etc...

There are a lot actually that don't really need new music with copyright
    We need an entire friggin’ pack dedicated to music!!

I’ve been wanting this since forever:
    Bands and Musical Ensembles.
    • A system similar to GT clubs will give a player the option to form a band or a musical group.
    • A sim with high enough skill in a specific instrument can start a band or ensemble and begin band practice.
    • A band or group with high enough band skill will be able to organize a gig, or attract a manager that can organize gigs for them.
    • A band might be invited to play at a Wedding or other Event.
    • A band or group will receive ratings based on their performance and music sales.
    • Sales in merchandise will boost a group’s revenue.
    • New gig venues and the option to place a performance stage / markers on any lot.

Band / ensembles examples:
    • Rock/ Indie/ (Synth) Pop band.
    • Hip Hop/Rap group.
    • Choir. (kids,classical, gospel)
    • String Quartet.
    • Mariachi bands!

Instruments and skills that currently exist can be used in combination:
    • Piano.(BG) Synth (CL)
    • Acoustic Guitar. (BG)
    • Violin.(BG).
    • Singing. (CL)
    • Organ. (Vampires).

Instruments and skills:
    • Electric Guitar.
    • Bass Guitar.
    • Drums.
    • Cello & Double Bass.
    • A Rapper Mic/ Sound Box?
    • Brass instruments (sax, trumpet etc.)

Crossover with other EP's:
    • Bands performance level will affect GF’s Fame system.
    • A Sim with a DU degree in Fine Art or Drama will get higher pay out for completed gigs.
    • Gigs will be added to the calendar in Seasons.BG.
    • Create a Merch. Store via GTW retail.
    • Perform at Weddings (MWS)

I'm aware that developing a GP/EP like this will take a considerable amount of resources to record music with different instruments for different genres at different levels in different combinations and create animations based on each variant. Twas a mouthful.

YES a whole EXPANSION with all those ideas, I'll buy without hesitation
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I wish we would because I'd love to make orchestras, but I don't think so. 😭
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Who know? :/
  • lucombrelucombre Posts: 45 Member
    I think it’s possible but only in a dedicated pack.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Would be great to have drums and then while your teens are practicing their drums it's infuriating the entire household with the racket.

Still, upright pianos will be nice because it's insane that we need a huge classical piano to learn it. Even large houses have trouble fitting them in.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • lunnarilalunnarila Posts: 221 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Would be great to have drums and then while your teens are practicing their drums it's infuriating the entire household with the racket.

Still, upright pianos will be nice because it's insane that we need a huge classical piano to learn it. Even large houses have trouble fitting them in.

there is also key board if someone has City Living. You can even take it with you!
  • FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    I was playing the game recently and it really hit me that we still don't have drums. Unfortunately, I don't think we ever will.
  • ChokoENChokoEN Posts: 14 New Member
    I hope they add some instruments and bands. I'd be happy with a drum set and some kick drums, bass and a saxophone. This mainly, although a clarinet or flute would not be bad too. Of course this, with the possibility of forming bands and giving concerts, with levels that lead us to musical stardom.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I want an entire pack devoted to music, with drums, saxophone, harp, lute, theremin, trumpet, clarinet, didgeridoo, and more! And I want the ability to form punk bands, a capella choirs, orchestras, and anything else!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    The Sims Sessions back in 2021 was actually really pretty amazing and I found it strange nothing further was done with that. So I think that was testing the waters to see how acheivable the concept would be in game.

Maybe I'm being too positive but I think that we might be looking at a music festivals EP which I hope would bring more instruments (even if that's just drums and bass), deepen the singing skill beyond karaoke and allow music lovers to jam together.
    I'm praying they bring in saxophones but I know that's a long shot.
  • sarahthomas123sarahthomas123 Posts: 7 New Member
    it's always possible for the team to add more music instruments to the game in the future. Game development is an ongoing process, and developers often add new features and content to keep players engaged and interested.

If there is enough demand for new music instruments from the community, the Sims team might consider adding them in a future update or expansion pack.
    Rouensims wrote: »
    I want an entire pack devoted to music, with drums, saxophone, harp, lute, theremin, trumpet, clarinet, didgeridoo, and more! And I want the ability to form punk bands, a capella choirs, orchestras, and anything else!

That sounds so gooood...I really wish the team does something like this
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I think we will eventually see a bands expansion pack. My guess would be the second EP we are getting this year will either be bands or hotels. These things are highly requested, I think there is a strong possibility of a bands EP if not this year then next year.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I still do want Drums, Flutes, Harps, Lyrs, Saxophones, Trumpets & Xenephones.😉
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I still do want Drums, Flutes, Harps, Lyrs, Saxophones, Trumpets & Xenephones.😉

I only really want drums and accordion and posibility for sims to sing jazz and blues. Mariachi would be lovely too, and sims playing boogie woogie on piano.
  • honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    if we get a music-themed expansion pack then we'll get new instruments. i hope we do! if we don't get that ep then i highly doubt we'll get anything new.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'd say yes if a music expansion or game pack is not in the works I don't know what their thinking at this point not many more features are in higher demand.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    I would like a bit more choice in instruments. I really hope we can get a harp, but would also appreciate a cello, a saxophone, flute,..
    I also hope we can get another violin that looks really modern/electric
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    I mean, they really should have given us a marching band instrument or two with High School Years to coincide with football and cheerleaders, but alas. :'(

I don't have high hopes for many more new instruments. If they add anymore it'll probably just be string bass, drum kit, etc., because EA likes just adding the same instruments over and over again instead of giving us new ones. The Sims 4 has been very lacking in this department. Have we received anything new at all? I don't think we have. It's crazy considering this game has gone on over twice as long as any The Sims game before it.

We have at least one very talented modder right now working on new instruments and she is fantastic. I'm putting my hope in her, not EA.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    @BariSaxy Which modder? I can always use more instrument cc in my game! 🙂
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley: