Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Could someone please help me figure this out? (Foundations)

Serendipity38Serendipity38 Posts: 1,257 Member
I'm trying to build a house with a foundation. I have NEVER been able to do this, so all my own builds in my game have no foundations, no porches, nothing nice like that. I SEE the area in build of build mode, that says foundations. Even shows you what the different ones would look like once applied. Great! But no, it then tells me I have to place a wall or a room first, for the foundation to apply to. Ok, I do that. But it never actually seems to DO anything? I still don't have a foundation level, I still cant attach a short set of stairs to a porch which would be the same level as the foundation itself. Nothing!?!

Is there anyone who would be kind enough to explain to me HOW I put a foundation for a house down? Please?

Comments

• cleo224cleo224 Posts: 87 Member
    Hi serendipity...
    When you place your first room or the whole house...just highlight the room or house, and inside the box there should be an up down arrow that is very faint, mouse over it and then drag the house/room up. You can have just a low foundation or one that needs a lot of stairs, whatever looks good. Then you can place stairs and foundation trims to make it look the way you want. ( that is for PC, IDK how to do it on console, you really didn't specify but someone else will jump in for that I suppose)
  • Serendipity38Serendipity38 Posts: 1,257 Member
    Thank you SO much, @cleo224 !!!! Like, seriously, you have NO idea how long this has been bugging me, to not be able to place foundations and porches and so on! NOW I CAN! *Laughs a little at myself* Again, THANK YOU! :D
  • cleo224cleo224 Posts: 87 Member
    @Serendipity38 you are very welcome! glad i could help. I didn't know how to do it either and had to come in here and ask as well.