Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think they are going to update townies/npc relationships?

Yesterday in the livestream we saw The Pancakes in the 1st part and then a new family in the 2nd part. I think that family is just one they like to use for livestream but idk for sure. They only showed BG stuff with the Pancakes, (a BG family) but then they showed us the new dynamic stuff with the other family. And I was just thinking 🤔

The Pancakes have a difficult relationship when you see them in the beginning of each save. That's not been changed. That's their backstory. Even Iggy Pancakes, their son, is only accessible through the gallery. And he came when Toddlers were added. When you play the game, you either have to add him in, or replace the in-game Pancakes with the version that already has him.

Even HSY only gave us more backstory, that they were high school sweethearts. But when you start a new save, even owning that, it's still a rough relationship. And they have separate rooms and everything. (Which isn't necessarily a sign of a bad relationship, it can actually be good for a lot of relationships, it just is for them.) With this new pack they could actually have a relationship that reflects this, instead of just the blurb about it when you start the game/look at their profile.

So I'm wondering, if you have Growing Together, will pre-made Maxis sims have their relationships automatically updated? For all the packs? Not just the ones that came with this pack, but BG, EPs, GPs, all the out of world sims that aren't housed but still were made and pop up all over and sometimes steal prime real estate from your sims?

Bc on one hand, that seems like a lot of work. On the other hand, it doesn't really make a ton of sense if only your sims and the sims in 1 pack have this. Especially if it's supposed to change relationships as a whole.

And I don't want to have a bunch of pop-ups asking my opinion about random sims in the world. Or even ones I decided to pop in on bc I wanted to have more babies in my new save bc infants was coming.

If this is the case it would be interesting to see how it integrates with the family tree. We still haven't heard about updates to it. I wonder how that affects people like Johnny Zest, and if you can be estranged from the family. And use distant family dynamic to do it.

Back to the Pancakes I wonder if they are gonna add Amelia to the gallery like they did Iggy?
Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:

Comments

• Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    I'm afraid Amelia will join Paige (the baby from the Butlers lifestream) on Bella's evergrowing list of daughters that she had to showcase a new feature and then were forgotten about. Admittedly that "evergrowing" list consists of just two sims, but it makes for a very scary headcanon.
  • Options
    gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    edited March 2023
    I would love updated TOWNIES I would also love a free time pack witch more Festivals think the sims 2 free time or sims 3 ambitions
  • Options
    sinisterlemonssinisterlemons Posts: 16 Member
    It’s certainly a good thought and one I had as well. I also would love updated Townies, but I’m not sure they would go through all the work to do it… I hope they do though.