Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rumoured SDX Sleepwear Set

Comments

• FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 845 Member
    I honestly don't care about the PJs as I think they're kind of ugly. I don't miss not having them at all. I also don't really care about console players getting something I didn't. (I do respect the opinion of anyone who feels differently!) I don't understand why they're rewarding console players only if they have an EA Play membership, though.

The thing that concerns me about this entire debacle is that EA might be moving towards a pay-to-play situation with the Sims 4. This IMO would be extremely unfair. Making loyal players who have spent a fortune on Sims 4 already to then have to pay for an EA Play sub to keep playing it ... that is bad. If indeed this is what happens. I have no way of knowing, but I fear it.

If Sims 5 if online only/subscription, then my participation in the game will end. And if I can't have Sims 4 the way it is now to cushion the blow, I'm going to be very sad.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    Giving subscribers freebies I can understand. I play (and sub) to MMOs for that reason. However, that is NOT the Sims - it's not their business model, marketing strategy or anything else - until now. This isn't something people can choose with full knowledge, it came out of left field, and I think this is the main issue with it. When you sub (or don't) to a MMO, you know EXACTLY what you are getting or not getting. You may not know every detail, but you know you get exclusive items for the game, access to things others don't, free time, whatever. If an MMO had made an item subscriber locked, but only to a tiny subset of that subscriber base, you would see the same outrage. Cause it's lying, false advertising and a few other shady things. Not saying EA did that, but not saying they didn't, either.
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Hey all,

I understand the FOMO, but here's just a small selection of items that PC players have had that console players still don't:
    • Noctis Outfit
    • Family Portrait
    • Bare Naked Gnome
    • Awesome Animal Hats (all PC players got this free)
    • Mods
    Rewarding the players with EA Play on console shouldn't be taken as a slight to you if you're on PC.

It wouldn't be a problem if it had been explained well ahead of time that this was going to be happening. Marketing on this was not done well.

Frankly, I think it's nice that console players are getting something that we PC players don't have. But it should have been explained long before it was put into practice.

The way it was done seems more like an experiment to see if people will want to have subscriptions for their Sims games. And if that's the case, many of us will no longer "play."
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    EA Play console exclusive only.

A good reason to be wary of leaked info.

I’d prefer the pyjamas to be festive or something. I don’t like the pattern and why are they mainly grey? 🤔

I am glad it’s not for PC players!

My query is can console players say no to free stuff? 🤔🤔🤔

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 367 Member
    Since console players can't use cc or mods it is only right they get a little something free but being an EA Play subscriber I think that they should have received something free for a game that isn't free
    Those on pc you never know if a cc creator will do some pjs similar
    Isn't it time that those who play on console get a few things free as they can't use MODS and CC and the Sims team acknowledges this
    Ok back disappearing in the woodwork my little rant is over with
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    edited March 2023
    Honestly, I didn't know there were items that were exclusive for PC players. I think that's dishonest. Whenever a triple A game developer like EA releases a game (nowadays) there's always that: pre order freebies, platinum edition, exclusive subscription edition, Steam/GameStop/PlayStation/XBox/Whatever the developer's platform edition exclusives announced.

That wasn't the case when the Sims 4 released. The fact that EA has kept content exclusive when they have never given us, their customer base, a heads up is basis of unfair advertising. The fact that they're now locking that content, not only behind a single platform but also behind a subscription service for a pay to play game, is outright throwing the whole breath of promised content upon purchase out of the window.

They could have done this differently. I could understand it if console players got an exclusive mesh and recolour of the in game console that was a version of the device they were playing with but only as long as it's for free. I can understand that they released free content for subscriptors when it's available for purchase separately.

This is bad. There are games that are exclusively subscription based and it's all right because their players already knew what they were getting into. There are games that are pay to play. There are games that require players to buy and pay a subscription to play and others that give limited access to buyers who aren't subscribers. But all of those games stated what they were about from a start.

That's not the case. We're witnessing a game that's over a 1000$ in BG and DLCs and first released on September 2, 2014 suddenly try to change their business and billing mode nearly a decade after.
    Happy simming!
  • SkyrryxSkyrryx Posts: 201 Member
    edited March 2023
    Eww! :( I don't want to buy another pack anymore with that sort of news... Future is not bright. :|
    My pennies will go to other things.
    Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I just hope people don't ruin the fun of the livestream over a pajama set. I've seen simmers already plotting to spam the livestream chat over this. *Le sigh* 🙄
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    RedShoe7 wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Hey all,

I understand the FOMO, but here's just a small selection of items that PC players have had that console players still don't:
    • Noctis Outfit
    • Family Portrait
    • Bare Naked Gnome
    • Mods
    Rewarding the players with EA Play on console shouldn't be taken as a slight to you if you're on PC.

Oh yeah that's right I had forgot us console players don't have that Family Portrait.

I am on pc and also don't have the family portrait. I wish there was some way to get it in my game. I would even install out sims mobile to unlock it. But this one time offer was never repeated. I wish they would repeat it for All players.

As for the pyjamas, they would definitely have been nice but I can do without. What worries me is the principle. This opens the door for withholding other content from a certain player group based on platform. And that goes both ways. Console players should also be able to get the items created by EA in the list above. I can't think of no reason why this is not available for console players? I thought we all played the same game?

There is a CC version of the family portrait.

https://sims4studio.com/thread/13060/glassplumbob

The pyjamas will probably become available as CC as some point too.

It already has: https://www.simfileshare.net/download/3699455/
    Well that doesn’t help me as a PC player because I only play a vanilla game and I buy all the content that comes out, so I shouldn’t have to rely on CC for those things. I think I should be able to buy the pajama set so my collection will be complete, and when I go into the gallery, if won’t come up that I don’t have certain content. I buy all the packs that sims 4 puts out, and usually pay full price. I shouldn’t have to have an incomplete collection when I have bought all the packs and kits. I have never “expected” to get “free” content like some people do. I have always been willing to pay for sim content from Maxis, but I won’t get a subscription. When sims 4 came out, we were never told we would have to have subscriptions to get our content, I was always under the impression that I could buy the content.
    It looks like to me that sims 5 is going to be console based. I’m certainly not going to get a subscription for sims 5 if they are going to be giving away free content only to console players. I don’t play on console…..
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,661 Member
    This is the first I've heard about EA Play and I'm not liking anything about it. So this is something that we're going to have to subscribe to in order to keep playing our game? A game we've already paid for and have been playing for free for 8+ years? That is outrageous if that's what it is. If it's something that only unlocks occasional little extras, that's bad enough, but fine. I'll keep my money, they can keep those little extras and I'll keep playing the game with the content I have. It also means I won't be buying anymore EA content that requires me to pay a monthly fee to access. I'm not buying anything for this game that requires me to pay monthly fees on top of the price of the packs. But I expect to be able to play the game I've already purchased, with the content I've already purchased, without having to start paying a monthly fee.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    edited March 2023
    @DaniRose2143 EA Play is a subscription service that's totally optional.

Subscribe today to get exclusive monthly rewards, a collection of EA’s best titles, trials of new EA games, and more for just $4.99 a month.* Cancel anytime.

https://www.ea.com/ea-play

ETA: And no you don't have to subscribe to continue playing the Sims 4
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 888 Member
    EA Play is not new, and covers many more games besides Sims 4. This is the first time I have seen anything exclusive from Sims behind the EA Play subscription wall. It may be a test to see how it goes over, but I will take a wait and see stance on it.
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 845 Member

Subscribe today to get exclusive monthly rewards, a collection of EA’s best titles, trials of new EA games, and more for just $4.99 a month.* Cancel anytime.

Not now we don't. I think what many of us are worried about is that this might change at some point in the future.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I was thinking that if sims 4 was under sub for any new game play I would miss it because this game has brought me great joy but I still wouldn't pay a sub I don't really play other games that much so for me it would not be worth the cost and also I think its a bad idea for the sims sales wise
    because people can save for a pack or wait for a sale but a lot of them can't pay more bills they said the reason they were making worlds small was so the game could be played on low end pcs but the person who can't save for a new pc isn't gonna be able to pay a monthly sub to play sims 4
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    edited March 2023
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    RedShoe7 wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Hey all,

• Noctis Outfit
    • Family Portrait
    • Bare Naked Gnome
    • Mods

Oh yeah that's right I had forgot us console players don't have that Family Portrait.

I am on pc and also don't have the family portrait. I wish there was some way to get it in my game. I would even install out sims mobile to unlock it. But this one time offer was never repeated. I wish they would repeat it for All players.

As for the pyjamas, they would definitely have been nice but I can do without. What worries me is the principle. This opens the door for withholding other content from a certain player group based on platform. And that goes both ways. Console players should also be able to get the items created by EA in the list above. I can't think of no reason why this is not available for console players? I thought we all played the same game?

There is a CC version of the family portrait.

https://sims4studio.com/thread/13060/glassplumbob

The pyjamas will probably become available as CC as some point too.

It already has: https://www.simfileshare.net/download/3699455/
    Well that doesn’t help me as a PC player because I only play a vanilla game and I buy all the content that comes out, so I shouldn’t have to rely on CC for those things. I think I should be able to buy the pajama set so my collection will be complete, and when I go into the gallery, if won’t come up that I don’t have certain content. I buy all the packs that sims 4 puts out, and usually pay full price. I shouldn’t have to have an incomplete collection when I have bought all the packs and kits. I have never “expected” to get “free” content like some people do. I have always been willing to pay for sim content from Maxis, but I won’t get a subscription. When sims 4 came out, we were never told we would have to have subscriptions to get our content, I was always under the impression that I could buy the content.

I agree I don't want to download the pjs ether and I wont if ea just wants it to be on console I'm fine with that
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Heya,

Yep. This is the downside of us not engaging with rumors, this was not an SDX drop as it was rumored but rather a console exclusive EA Play perk.

What if people don't want or have the money for EA Play? Bogus, misleading, and cruel for it to NOT be a FREE SDX.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,410 Member
    edited March 2023
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Lot of fuss for some pajamas that look like it's just a recolor of some sweatshirt and sweatpants already in game. 👀

It is not a fuss about the pyjama set. It is concerns about the principle to restrict access to items to a certain group of people.

I always thought the only difference between console and pc players was the option to use mods. Guess I was wrong.

If sims 5 is going to be a subscription, I will not be able to and don't want to play it. This feels like a test. I wonder if what else will follow as subscribers only.
    I just hope people don't ruin the fun of the livestream over a pajama set. I've seen simmers already plotting to spam the livestream chat over this. *Le sigh* 🙄

don't they always find a reason to act that way though? if it wasn't this those people would have found another reason
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited March 2023
    Since console players can't use cc or mods it is only right they get a little something free but being an EA Play subscriber I think that they should have received something free for a game that isn't free
    Isn't it time that those who play on console get a few things free as they can't use MODS and CC and the Sims team acknowledges this

I wouldn't say it's free, you have to pay £3.99 subscription, it's only if the console player is already on EA play will benefit, I'm not paying for an subscription just for the sims 4 considering I've spent about £1,000 on this game already, pc and console should have the same official content aswell, the only difference should be one can play with mods and the other can't, I really hope this doesnt become a thing

EA we already have expansions, game packs, stuff packs and kits, why do we need to pay an subscription on top off that in order to get all the content available??
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    Hey all,

• Noctis Outfit
    • Family Portrait
    • Bare Naked Gnome
    • Mods

I wonder what is the issue to add these things on consoles. Ok. I can understand mods (even if there is a couple of possibilities to implement them - curated CC via SDX for example), but the rest of the objects?

What about the sleepwear. I'm totally against that, even as the console player. Especially the timing is bad for me, because we are struggeling with the controllers after the last pach and we are still waiting for any response from EA, but instead we receive exclusive content for which noone asked for.

I must say that these days something is wrong with the marketing. After the controversial patch, trailer, world size explanation we have this.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,661 Member

That's a relief. I had never heard of it until I started reading through this thread and then a quick look at the app or whatever it is. I completely misread what it is and does.
    edited March 2023
    Nikkih wrote: »

I wouldn't say it's free, you have to pay £3.99 subscription, it's only if the console player is already on EA play will benefit, I'm not paying for an subscription just for the sims 4 considering I've spent about £1,000 on this game already, pc and console should have the same official content aswell, the only difference should be one can play with mods and the other can't, I really hope this doesnt become a thing

EA we already have expansions, game packs, stuff packs and kits, why do we need to pay an subscription on top off that in order to get all the content available??

They are obviously having a problem getting subscribers, and are using this to try to increase subscriber ship. If they were truly doing it for the player, they would offer it free for consoles….
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member

It is not a fuss about the pyjama set. It is concerns about the principle to restrict access to items to a certain group of people.

I always thought the only difference between console and pc players was the option to use mods. Guess I was wrong.

If sims 5 is going to be a subscription, I will not be able to and don't want to play it. This feels like a test. I wonder if what else will follow as subscribers only.

Like I said in my previous post PC players have quite a lot of access to things that console players don't than just being able to use mods.

The practice of getting a perk with said subscription or even pre-ordering a game early is nothing new with various things. Kinda scratch my head with people crying out how 'unfair' it is. So yeah I think it is about the item even if it was FREE or SDX drop people would complain about how basic it was and being a recolor. Can't win for losing really.

See a lot of assumptions about S5 being subs without any definite proof. For argument sake if there happened to be a an optional sub for that game with perks of discounts, some extra items and what not because someone was willing to put out a little extra money for a monthly subscription then I don't see a problem with that. Something I do on some other websites because of the perks. If I can't afford it then welp I can't afford it.

Thing is with gaming it's not a privilege as it is more of a luxury.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited March 2023
    EA Play is quite a good subscription if you play a variety of games from EA ($29,99/year) and I have it because it's part of Xbox Game Pass for Xbox and PC which allows you to play and try a lot of different games instead of buying them. I think all that you are getting when it comes to the Sims though is a 10% discount on all packs, that's at least what I have.

EA Play Pro is more expensive ($99,99/year), not part of Game Pass and with that one you can play all of EA's games instead of buying them, I think that's a bit too much if you are not playing or have already played a lot of EA's games already.

I have never liked exclusive content, I don't like the "buy early" offer that they have started with now either, but I understand why they do it... they do it to drive up sales.

I don't think EA will make the sims5 subscription only, they will probably offer you to buy it so you can own it or subscribe to it with EA Play Pro so I am not worried about that, let us just hope that they will keep exclusive content to a minimum, I don't think The Sims needs it.
    Post edited by logion on