Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did we just get to see what the infant quirks look like?

Sim Guru Nova posted about people not noticing a change to their profile picture and I went to go see if more closely. I think maybe it's the infant quirks.
CdmNIWF6.jpg

Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:

Comments

• greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    I don't know, the icon with the sunglass and fingerguns don't read infant to me. I think it's more likely to be the new attraction system.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • lunnarilalunnarila Posts: 221 Member
    They are either infant/toddler quirks or it has to do with chemistry system
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited February 2023
    They also said we are getting 50 likes/dislike slots which is probably how they’ll do chemistry.

I think these might be ‘likes people who wear glasses’ ‘likes the cold’ or something like this.

Also I want her sim in my game!
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    edited February 2023
    To me the icons in that picture look like they are part of the attraction system. The left icon looks like you think someone is cool and the right one is more about admiring someone

When it comes to infant quirks, my guess is that they were shown here. There are 3 icons floating around the screen and I think they might be about being cheerful, sleep and crawling.
    EI9DvyZ.png
    This is a screenshot from the video about infants update which can be found here (only the infants bit at 0:35) and here(full behind the sims livestream, at 15:07)
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    LSM36 wrote: »
    Sim Guru Nova posted about people not noticing a change to their profile picture and I went to go see if more closely. I think maybe it's the infant quirks.
    CdmNIWF6.jpg

I think those might be likes or something because of how the sunglasses and the little flower are accented. Also, don't think they would keep their infant quirks into adulthood.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,659 Member
    edited February 2023
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    To me the icons in that picture look like they are part of the attraction system. The left icon looks like you think someone is cool and the right one is more about admiring someone

When it comes to infant quirks, my guess is that they were shown here. There are 3 icons floating around the screen and I think they might be about being cheerful, sleep and crawling.
    EI9DvyZ.png
    This is a screenshot from the video about infants update which can be found here (only the infants bit at 0:35) and here(full behind the sims livestream, at 15:07)

Hm... I wonder why one infant icon is very yellow, and one is very blue/turquoise. I'd expect icons from same set would be grouped by color, especially now that the game is old and have tons of icons already.

Added: The design style of the infants icons is very different from the purple icons in that avatar, so my guess is that the purple icons are for the new chemistry :)
    Post edited by Simmerville on
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member

EI9DvyZ.png

I think they are trait icons, based on the "CUTE TRAITS" text on the same screen, which means they have different traits to toddlers.
    Aren't they infants and toddlers traits or quirks? (as its said on the vid)? I am really curious how exactly attraction system would work though
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,659 Member
    I must admit I'm more interested in the chemistry system than the infant quirks. I'll probably play an infant for 3 days, while the chemistry system might affect all my sims forever.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    I must admit I'm more interested in the chemistry system than the infant quirks. I'll probably play an infant for 3 days, while the chemistry system might affect all my sims forever.

I am also very curious about the chemistry system, and a little concerned as well. I hope it doesn't randomly assign whether or not sims like each other because then it could ruin existing relationships. I hope we get to see more about infant traits and quirks and the chemistry system in the live stream next week.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member

I am also very curious about the chemistry system, and a little concerned as well. I hope it doesn't randomly assign whether or not sims like each other because then it could ruin existing relationships. I hope we get to see more about infant traits and quirks and the chemistry system in the live stream next week.

I hope the chemistry system is more like the Sims 2 chemistry where you could choose what a sim was attracted to. A randomiser would be welcome as an option but shouldn't be the default.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,812 Member

I feel the same, excited and worried. If it arrives like pronouns, sexual orientation, and beard growth, as an opt-in feature it shouldn't be an issue. But then I remember Wants and Fears that still won't turn off and I'm back to being nervous.
    I really liked chesmitry system in Sims 3, for same or compactibile zodiac zign you get points, for same traits, for skills, additional bonus for being rich, celebrity, having lots of skills, then there is random number of poits added and flute plays