Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't Save Gallery Remodels To My Library

Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
I am in the process of updating Newcrest into a destination spot where my Sims can visit nightclubs, different types of restaurants, coffee houses, an upscale gym, a spa and any other venue that offers a good time. Yesterday I downloaded three venues and remodeled them to suit my vision. Total time for this task was about four hours. I was able to save one to my library. The other two are not showing up in my library at all even though I tried three times.

I remember there was some conflict going on when someone would change a couple of things in a gallery build then reupload it to the Gallery and claim it as their creation. I would never do that. It's disrespectful and rude. These remodels are for use only in my game. Have some builders blocked our ability to save our versions thus eliminating the possibility of other players stealing credit for their work?

After completing a remodel, I did a game save, then went into My Library and deleted the original version before saving my version to My Library. This worked fine with one of the remodels. The other two, the ones that required the most time, did not show up in My Library after several attempts to save them. I haven't done a revamp of Newcrest for at least two years, so maybe I missed something during those two years? Thanks in advance for any help or ideas as to what I may have done wrong. :)

Comments

• Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I guess I solved my issue, so this post is to tell my story in the hope it might help someone else that might experience the same problem. I pulled my Sims4 folder then did a fresh installation, replacing my new Sims4 folder with the old one. And that got rid of whatever bug was causing the problems. In fact, since the fresh install, my game is running smoother than it had before. Huh. Sometimes one never learns why something happens and you can't fix it no matter what you do, then you throw a Hail Mary at the problem and score!!! I win the scavenger hunt. Well, kind of win. I still have no idea why it started in the first place. :/