Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Growing Together Negative Thread

Comments

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    If sims can live in it, I will be building one of these in Granite Falls. A treehouse in the forest is like ultimate airbnb.

Good idea !
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited February 2023
    Just starting the thread for the next expansion pack.
    This is the negative thread for complaints, concerns and criticism.
    Just a reminder this is not a place for bashing simmer or gurus.Also this not a place to bash the thread itself .

I don’t like the preorder thing that happens. 😫
    A base game bicycle for young adults would be nice!

I am concerned about bugs with all the proposed animations.

Cross pack compatibility isn’t clear.

It sounds more like a game pack than expansion.

To me it’s sort of like TS3 Generations. We’ve got some features spread out over several packs already though.

I won’t be buying simply because I mainly play young adults and so wouldn’t be using the main features. It’s not grabbing me to try them either. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    lunaoddity wrote: »
    chickenow wrote: »
    Generally I'm excited for this pack but.....
    Did anyone else feel a little skeptical about the major focus on Infants? Yes I'm excited for infants but I'm still not fully clear on what infants do any how the EP adds to infants...
    My concern is that if you take away the infants from the EP what do you have? A lot of....stuff? I feel that the Parenthood GP rode off a lot of the hype that toddlers brung and now the novelty wore off from Toddlers Parenthood really doesn't bring anything impactful other than some neat stuff.
    Also like others have said...how does this stuff work with character traits and sentiments? Have they factored these things in or is this going to be an overblown messy AI?

I agree. This feels like a paid update for Parenthood. I guess if it wasn't for whatever the new world offers and the new system this should have been a GP. For me it feels like a GP. They are just unlocking some existing interactions for children and adding some new gameplay.

If you remove all scenes with infants in them because they will be a base game update and also remove the scenes when they use the same feature again (like the slumber party and the small table to play board games on) then the trailer becomes very short.

Several of the features are also kinda related to travel, (power walking, bike for kids and the infant carrier), in a game where travel doesn't have a lot of meaning... and a lot of the scenes in the trailer are in the same neighborhood, you can tell because of the bridge in the background.
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited February 2023

I am excited for more information on this pack. My main complaints so far are, however:

• I think that the non-kid-related, adult build/buy is very ugly and boring. Building is very important to me in TS4, and I have bought a pack or two just for the build/buy. The style chosen for this pack's adult furniture does not feel like anything new to me - the style feels too similar to stuff we already have, but worse. I wish TS4 would give us more variety in styles that we don't have in the game yet, instead of trying to recreate the entire IKEA catalogue... This pack focuses on the different generations of a family, so it would have made sense to include styles from different times for each generation: 90s style for the parents, and true and tacky 60s to 70s for the grandparents (I want carpeted toilets and landlines!). Maybe even 80s just because making this a decades theme would be fun. I would have loved to see more tasteful crafts-inspired furniture for the kids AND the parents, but not as a "craftsman" style... I'm thinking more along the lines of 90s artist glues newspaper strips on a table and paints red and blue stripes on it, places a newspaper rose in a red glass vase, paints red and blue stripes on the fishbone wood floor, then builds a fort for their kid out of cardboard and glitter glue.
    • I think it was unnecessary to include a world in the pack - firstly because I think the world theme is boring (yet another American world, and to make it worse it's suburban), and because it takes away resources to develop family and relationship gameplay as well more build/buy items. The devs could have just built lots that automatically show up in our gallery and are recommended to be placed down (like Spa's when you first install Spa Day) to showcase new lot types like the recreation center, and cool activities like the water fountain on a public pool lot.
    • Like others have already said, the trailer didn't show anything where kids are playing games like tag, cops and robbers, hopscotch etc. This could be due to the devs not wanting/having the resources to create new animations, instead opting for activities tied to objects with animations that can be reused or slightly modified (puzzle building seeming similar to the chess animation etc). I feel, however, that this has a negative effect on the kids actually feeling like children: children run around and play games with each other using their imaginations. If you don't give them exclusive and energetic play interactions, it doesn't feel like the gameplay added "for them" is unique (sims of all ages can build puzzles and play Scrabble). Thus, kids aren't distinct enough from adults.
    • Adding a (5 level or 10 level) toy-making skill and/or adding wittled toys to the woodworking skill, would have been a wonderful and fun addition that could add a lot of meaningful gameplay. This is a missed opportunity.
    • Teens don't seem to get much, if anything, in this pack from the trailer.
    • I don't like that chemistry and Milestones seem to be pack-exclusive instead of free basegame updates. It also limits the features since it would be more likely to be expanded upon with subsequent packs if it's basegame.
    • Why no funerals?
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Did anyone else feel a little skeptical about the major focus on Infants? Yes I'm excited for infants but I'm still not fully clear on what infants do any how the EP adds to infants...
    My concern is that if you take away the infants from the EP what do you have? A lot of....stuff? I feel that the Parenthood GP rode off a lot of the hype that toddlers brung and now the novelty wore off from Toddlers Parenthood really doesn't bring anything impactful other than some neat stuff.
    Also like others have said...how does this stuff work with character traits and sentiments? Have they factored these things in or is this going to be an overblown messy AI?

I agree. This feels like a paid update for Parenthood. I guess if it wasn't for whatever the new world offers and the new system this should have been a GP. For me it feels like a GP. They are just unlocking some existing interactions for children and adding some new gameplay.

If you remove all scenes with infants in them because they will be a base game update and also remove the scenes when they use the same feature again (like the slumber party and the small table to play board games on) then the trailer becomes very short.

Several of the features are also kinda related to travel, (power walking, bike for kids and the infant carrier), in a game where travel doesn't have a lot of meaning... and a lot of the scenes in the trailer are in the same neighborhood, you can tell because of the bridge in the background.

I think we will be able to see the bridge from all neighbourhoods. You can see the park neighbourhood in the beginning of the trailer, it's pretty big, with a park with lake and a hothouse.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    When Cats And Dogs came out, we got My First Pet, a pack that not only focused on extra animal stuff but actually had items from the furniture sets from Cats And Dogs in it.

When Toddlers came out, the Gameplay Pack following was Parenthood, a pack that focused heavily on Toddlers and children.

So I really can't imagine why people are surprised that we're getting a big pack focusing on Infants. And you gotta admit, they will have fallen behind. It's a money grab, but it depends on the size of the world we get, cuz man am I tired of rolling vistas I can't build on, on whether I'm okay with it or not.

The question is always how much of what we're seeing is free, and how much will be with the Infants update.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I thought that treehouse looked familiar.
    Oh sorry was I supposed to be negative about the pack.
    Ok, here goes: Why oh why did it take over 8 years to finally improve on babies. :( Oi!
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I think we shouldn’t have to buy another EP for kids to ride bikes and have pillow fights since it’s already available for adults.
    Also, I didn’t see teens in the trailer so now I’m afraid there will be nothing them.

I have to agree on that and EA putting all that behind a paywall too.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    Unfortunately the world looks like again like the same size, suburbian-style neighbourhood with the lots in the middle of empty space which i surrounded by the fake houses. Even the functional houses look worse in my opinion.

That is how it is going to be until Sims 4 is discontinued as you can't build your own neighborhoods or lots and must depend on EA graces to give it's customers what they really want. They do know how to give unusable space and artwork.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    edited February 2023
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I so love the idea of a Brave Mother fighting Greg while having her baby on her back. I think she would win because it's two against Greg. Also, it would be so cool for her to fight Vlad & the Motherplant with her Baby. :D;):p
    Well if nothing else she should be able to go to the jungles with the baby
    swimming with mermaids would also be cool, and riding aquazips and going boating
    exploring the tunnels going to space and so forth

I really hope they don't restrict usage of nooboo backpack that would break my heart

also I kind of wonder what happens if say mom is hit by asteroid while in nooboo backpack
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I didn't care much about this pack before, but reading and thinking about all the ridiculous things a sim could possibly do while having a baby strapped to their back is making it more and more interesting. Do you think we can put toddlers in the nooboo backpack, too?
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I haven't seen a toddler swing yet. I hope there's one in the pack. I hope the slide for kids can be separated from the tree house too.
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 703 Member
    This tree house is much too big. It would fit only in very big lots. Only for rich Sims?
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Ziafar wrote: »
    This tree house is much too big. It would fit only in very big lots. Only for rich Sims?

Maybe they can live in the treehouse. Then we could put it on smaller lots also. Anyway, I would have liken an even bigger one, spanning several trees and with rope bridges between them. Maybe we will get some big trees so we could build them ourselves.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Looks like a great pack in concept to me,
    but my concern is the ability of them to make a pack and have the features actually work, or not be so annoying that you want to turn them off, or mod them out. The longer this game goes on, the worse it seems to get.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    logion wrote: »

This! :( Traveling in TS4 is such a pain that I don't do it often unless I was making my sim go on vacation for a few days. If a lot of the gameplay involves going to a diff lot, that seems worrying for the core at-home gameplay. I'm hoping that either another trailer and/or the March livestream gives us way more details.
  • Options
    SnaveXs wrote: »
    I haven't seen a toddler swing yet. I hope there's one in the pack. I hope the slide for kids can be separated from the tree house too.

omg yes, a cute swing with the leg holes to secure toddlers in :,) I worry that most of the gameplay for this EP is for infants lol
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 713 Member
    I saw nothing exciting about the world and I think I will resent the room that it takes up on my computer. I want more offgrid and occult space to build and I doubt that we are getting that.

I don't care about babies. Toddlers are enough headache for me if I decide I want that in the future, but for now, I don't use them.

I would like the sleeping bags, though. I am interested in anything for offgrid gameplay. Maybe the treehouse can be expanded into offgrid gameplay?
  • Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member

It looks like a nice concept if you want more family based content but personally I really don't have an interest in adding yet more chores and other mundane aspects of everyday life to my game and can't quite understand the current obsession with this theme.

Having worked for years in caregiving roles and changed hundreds of diapers, managed more than enough stubborn tantrums and cleaned up countless messes, I do not wish to do more of this, or watch more of this, in my free time! I like to do something creative and switch off from the real world.

The Sims game has been a great source of occasional escapism but ever since Neighbourhood Stories (which despite being turned off still interrupts my gameplay), I have felt like the game seems to be pressuring me more and more to play in the style of 'real life' human relationship drama. I don't want to play this way (for starters, most of my Sims are not human). It is jarring with the stories I want to create. I play to have fun, not to fill my life with more drama (am also an empath and too much drama can really stress me out. Some of us need a break from real life from time to time!).

Sorry to moan, but just can't hide my disappointment at the way the franchise seems to be going with its current themes. Apart from Werewolves, nearly all the new packs over the last year seem to have been dedicated to relationships and domestic chores. Can we pleeeeeeeease have something a bit more unusual and imaginative next time? Please?

I don't wish to bash anyone's ideas, but there is so much potential for craziness, adventure and humour in the Sims and it just disappoints me so much that this seems to be being ignored in favour of just adding more real life scenarios.

• Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Also, infants just look almost exactly like toddlers to me, the differences are so nuanced that it seems redundant.

In this pic you can see the size difference between toddlers and infants more clearer than others :)

xbY5zR7.png

• Options
    SteveBridgerSteveBridger Posts: 106 Member
    edited February 2023
    Most of my sims have family lives of one sort or another, so most of what I've read about it seems as though it will enhance that sort of gameplay.

I do hope that there's as much focus on friendships, as most of my sims also have extensive social lives. It would be very nice to see more done with concepts like best friends, sibling relationships, partners in crime, snow bros, teammates, and the various other relationship states. It seems like these are the sorts of things which could influence sim relationships over long term play. Sentiments were a great step in that general direction, but it'd be a lot of fun to see these different factors come together in unexpected ways. (I love it when sims do unexpected things.)
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I'm really really hoping all the birthmarks and moles and aging spots are not in the pack, but instead in the free infant update.
    I've been waiting for so long for more interesting face textures, it's too much of a basic function to be locked behind a pack.

But I don't have much hope.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    I think (and hope) they will come with the update, since the road map claims its "one huge update" which leads me to believe we will be getting a lot of stuff, not just infants. But who knows haha.
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    I really need to see more info on this pack TBH as Im not really understanding what the big stand out feature is from the trailer.
    Is it just a rehash of Generations or is there more to it?

Although I do like the modern/mid century BB styles and Im holding out hope for a nice big world too!
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    I'm really really hoping all the birthmarks and moles and aging spots are not in the pack, but instead in the free infant update.
    I've been waiting for so long for more interesting face textures, it's too much of a basic function to be locked behind a pack.

But I don't have much hope.

They showed at least 2 head ones coming with the infant update (left temple/back of neck), but didn't show off body ones so there may be more.