Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Growing Together Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    In the Snowy Escape Expansion Pack, you can only go hiking when you use the hiking board. So, unless they do something different, I'd assume power walking will be tied to some type of board as well. We shall see; but, I would not get my hopes up.
    crocobaura wrote: »
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    I don't see why sims can't power walk just like jogging around the neighborhood but wouldn't be surprising if it going to be exclusive to a certain area just like SE hiking. :/

Can sims go jogging together?

Sims can not go jogging together. I've tried to get them to start at the same time to see if they would jog together; but, the end up going in different directions. :D

Ok, then maybe the power walk group was movie magic and they will only power walk by themselves or in a group if you have the Get Together EP. I don't see them restricting this activity to just one neighbourhood. The Snowy Escape hiking was conditioned by the availability of hiking trails, but since this is just a walking style, not sure they would restrict it to just one neighbourhood.
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I heard the family trees are suppose to be updated. I look forward to seeing that.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I am more interested in the background. Is that an upright piano?

Yes it is :) and I am so excited for it, now I don't have to disguise the keyboards anymore ;)

MwIsKrk.png

• Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Anyone else wondering if you'll be able to see a sim walking around with a infant on their back from their household when out and about in the world?

I would like seeing that really when it feels like Sims are out and about with family in their daily life.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited February 2023

I highly doubt it @LadyKyn

Babies in the sims were always glitchy. Sims love to put them on the floor and what not. I don't know how exactly they will work in ts4 but I could picture a random sim walking with an infant then putting it down to use a certain object or sit down. (I doubt we can sit with the infant on their back because I'm thinking it would clip into the chair?) Then we would see infants, seemingly alone, all over the ground lol. I feel like it's the same reason they made it so that toddlers don't spawn. I'd feel bad to see wandering toddlers all over the place while the parent is busy beating on a stuffed animal in the park 🌚

Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,672 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Anyone else wondering if you'll be able to see a sim walking around with a infant on their back from their household when out and about in the world?

I would like seeing that really when it feels like Sims are out and about with family in their daily life.

Could happen, but I think it would not be just any 2 sims from the household, but might require the caretaker bonding. At least I hope so, because I don't want to se the "hate children" aunt walking around with an infant just because they live in the same house.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    deedles64deedles64 Posts: 149 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »

Yes it is :) and I am so excited for it, now I don't have to disguise the keyboards anymore ;)

MwIsKrk.png

That was a creative way of making your own upright piano though!
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,672 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »

MwIsKrk.png

At first glance I thought that was the right thing. LOL, very creative!
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    edited February 2023
    I highly doubt it @LadyKyn
    Babies in the sims were always glitchy. Sims love to put them on the floor and what not. I don't know how exactly they will work in ts4 but I could picture a random sim walking with an infant then putting it down to use a certain object or sit down. (I doubt we can sit with the infant on their back because I'm thinking it would clip into the chair?) Then we would see infants, seemingly alone, all over the ground lol. I feel like it's the same reason they made it so that toddlers don't spawn. I'd feel bad to see wandering toddlers all over the place while the parent is busy beating on a stuffed animal in the park 🌚

exactly @Babykittyjade

I'm sure I've shared this here before, but one time in TS2 I invited the Tinker family out along with their newborn. I realized I hadn't seen the baby in a while and moved the camera all over the restaurant to try to find it. Turned out the baby was lying in the street with taxis and cars running over it :o
    (With a smelly diaper too.)

I would love to see infants and toddlers out with their families, don't get me wrong, but I think the autonomy would need some very specific tuning.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited February 2023

They mentioned the elders power walking and hiking as two different things. I think they said the hike is at the nature reserve and the power walk is by the river.

I guess the hike will work as it does in snowy escape and be locked to the new world. But the funny walk the elders do, maybe they can do that anywhere, I hope so it was the best bit of the trailer. I would love to see them randomly marching around all the worlds.

• Options

That's true. Since Sims would place babies just about anywhere. Remember in S3 someone left their baby in front of the theater and didn't come back for it until like hours later. and with a toddler one was wheeling around in a stroller then left at someone's home. XD Been seeing infants through out the trailer of those belly pads. Wonder if that's a fail safe for infants to have to be put on until they learn how to crawl.

Well, I mean as far as walk-by's. Not so much being at establishments. Think that would be more doable. Like holiday walkby's, rain walkby's, vampire wallby's etc. One can dream~ :P

5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited February 2023

Reading these comments about babies being placed everywhere in prior versions of the game is unsettling. That would have bothered me a lot to look around and see Sims just placing babies anywhere and everywhere. 😳

Although it would be nice to see infants happily plopping along on their parent's backs throughout the world, I'd rather they stay home because I fear it wouldn't work and we'd see infants popping up around the world without their parents. Yet, when kids are at the restaurant, they always arrive with their parents which is a plus.

For me, there is a lot to look forward to and I hope the livestream goes well. Hoping to find out if the infant proofing items keep infants from wondering out the door?

The new build and CAS items also look good from what I've seen so far—particularly the new rocking chair is a welcome addition because its better suited for inside the home.

Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

Now we will find babies too at the par, not just clay blobs and tablets. 😆

• Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member

Now that would be an interesting challenge. Every time you find an infant lying in the park or random places out in the world, you have to move them out of their original household and into the household of the sim who found them, who has to become their new caretaker.

• Options
    scoed1227scoed1227 Posts: 145 Member

I can't believe I am posting in the positive thread, but I am too excited not to. Game play for children and toddlers? Yes please. Nothing, in my opinion, was more needed. I am stoked. Also I noticed some masculine clothing for men. The game sorely need that too. Everything else is a plus but that got me sold. Now if it is playable at launch, best pack ever. Finally kids on bikes.

• Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member

I don’t think we’ll get a waterpark lot type. I assume that the splash pad is part of the neighborhood and then if you want, you can add that object to other lots, maybe a park or a pool. Hope to be wrong though.

• Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member

Excited to have a full pack in addition to the gamepacks/snippets we've had so far! Though I wish we could go to school with kids it sounds like everything else will be much improved!

Now all that's truly missing for me are horses/unicorns, more occult, and another adventure/goal focused pack!

"Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member

They said on Twitter that the pad isn't neighborhood/world bound. I'm not sure which. But I take that to mean it's either an item that can be placed in a park, or community lot. Maybe even on a lot with that new Community Center lot venue type. Or it's a new type of park and can be used like that. But since they only mentioned the one new venue/ lot type, it's probably an item. Like the jungle gyms. And can be placed at a park, and some are the tiny ones that fit at your house easily, and at the small areas between residential lots. And others are the giant pirate ship, space rocket, types.

Because they said "Splash Pad" not Water Park or Splash Park. And those are those giant sprinkler things with pads underneath so you don't slip.

Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • Options
    honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member

i think the splash pad is just an object that can be placed anywhere based on it's description and how it's not tied to the lot or world.

• Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member

@deedles64 thanks so much :) I did get a bit irritated that I could not completely hide the keyboard stand legs LOL

Thank you @Simmerville :) I just think the grand piano takes up too much space ;)

• Options
    Curious how infants will be with occults in looks. Probably only noticeable difference will be with the alien infants in looks.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,961 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Now that would be an interesting challenge. Every time you find an infant lying in the park or random places out in the world, you have to move them out of their original household and into the household of the sim who found them, who has to become their new caretaker.

infant treasure hunt for easter 😂
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free