March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Infants Coming March 14!

Comments

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,925 Member
    I don't expects that we will get any more life stages.

With the addition of infants and Project Rene 'years' away I'm hopeful for a preteen life stage. It's not something I personally want but I know a lot of simmers do.
    I would like to see preteens if they supply them with plenty of clothes, and they can do some things that children do and some things that teens do. I just worry that they won’t have enough clothes and accessories this late.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,633 Member
    SimGuruNinja has changed his avatar to a cutie pie.

ZaPOxP9.png
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    The hair kinda throws me off. Do infants really have that much hair?
    I find it hard to tell the difference between infant and toddler because of all that hairy business going on up there.

Are babies not meant to look sort of baldy and a bit soft and furry?
    I am by no means a baby guru, but I’ve never met a baby with that much hair and I’ve met some babies. I’ve actually met a lot of babies.
    This is pretty wild. 😅
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,633 Member
    Maybe there'll be a wispy selection in CAS.
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 845 Member
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 My daughter was born with a lush full head of hair. It was very impressive. My son, OTOH, was bald as an egg and stayed that way for most of a year. So it varies. Some infants, but perhaps not all that many, really do have that much hair. Although like @simgirl1010 said, I hope we can choose different hairs in CAS, from bald to lush.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,216 Member
    @SheriSim57 Oh, wow, you must be over the moon! I admire your patience. I just don't know if I could totally stall my gameplay like that. Here's to hoping these last couple of weeks goes quickly!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    I’m super excited for the launch of the infant update, but after doing some math, I think I’ll have to play vicariously through y’all here on the forums! I still have over 100 sim days to play through before any of my sim family members will be ready for baby bumps. :p
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 My daughter was born with a lush full head of hair. It was very impressive. My son, OTOH, was bald as an egg and stayed that way for most of a year. So it varies. Some infants, but perhaps not all that many, really do have that much hair. Although like @simgirl1010 said, I hope we can choose different hairs in CAS, from bald to lush.

@FatTribble23 that’s pretty amazing and impressive indeed! I suppose I live in an area inhabited by only bald babies. Time to venture beyond the realm of wee little egg heads. I clearly know nothing of the world, but I’m not surprised. 😆

I was very much like your son when I was only a teeny diaper dragger meself, but it took me nearly 4 years to grow hair and talk. A true Grumpty Dumpty. There seems to be a correlation between the hair growth and the talking though, since I’ve developed into a full grown excessive talker with a dense jungle of terminal hair. Nearly time to shave it off again so that we can all live in peace once more.

@simgirl1010 I like the idea of a wispy collection! After learning that babies can in fact have mucho hair, I went to investigate and I’ve decided that we all need the following baby hairdos to be available in CAS:

5-C72-E23-C-AF06-4188-8455-38-F560-B8-AFEA.jpg

These had me absolutely in bits. 😆🤣
  • deedles64deedles64 Posts: 149 Member

@FatTribble23 that’s pretty amazing and impressive indeed! I suppose I live in an area inhabited by only bald babies. Time to venture beyond the realm of wee little egg heads. I clearly know nothing of the world, but I’m not surprised. 😆

I was very much like your son when I was only a teeny diaper dragger meself, but it took me nearly 4 years to grow hair and talk. A true Grumpty Dumpty. There seems to be a correlation between the hair growth and the talking though, since I’ve developed into a full grown excessive talker with a dense jungle of terminal hair. Nearly time to shave it off again so that we can all live in peace once more.

@simgirl1010 I like the idea of a wispy collection! After learning that babies can in fact have mucho hair, I went to investigate and I’ve decided that we all need the following baby hairdos to be available in CAS:

5-C72-E23-C-AF06-4188-8455-38-F560-B8-AFEA.jpg

These had me absolutely in bits. 😆🤣

Oh My! We must have these!!!
    I find it hard to tell the difference between infant and toddler because of all that hairy business going on up there.

I am by no means a baby guru, but I’ve never met a baby with that much hair and I’ve met some babies. I’ve actually met a lot of babies.
    This is pretty wild. 😅

Some babies do have a lot of hair, some don’t. My oldest had so much hair when she was born that she looked like a doll instead of a baby. She had a lot of dark hair. My youngest on the other hand was born with lighter colored hair, and though she had quite a bit it was much finer and you could not see it as well. I think they should make some infant hair that is fine and wispy thin, so we have a choice.
    Loanet wrote: »
    It would be nice if we had a real social worker to walk onto the lot to take away neglected babies, infants and toddlers, and not just magical social services that teleport them away.

That might not work so well playing rotationally as I do, as often people I play show up on lots too. I don’t see toddlers on lots by themself, so I doubt I will see babies by themselves.
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

This is pretty wild. 😅

Some babies do have a lot of hair, some don’t. My oldest had so much hair when she was born that she looked like a doll instead of a baby. She had a lot of dark hair. My youngest on the other hand was born with lighter colored hair, and though she had quite a bit it was much finer and you could not see it as well. I think they should make some infant hair that is fine and wispy thin, so we have a choice.

Aw..sure look, at this point I believe y’all. And I believe in hairy doll babies. They do exist, and it is wonderful! 💚
    Goes to show that I have absolutely zero clue about babies, but I will find out about them soon, once they make their appearance in The Sims 4!

I now want at least one infant in my game - with or without hair, we shall see - and it will play an important role in my adventure quest. Not sure if I’ll be creating one in CAS or the ehr…traditional way. Maybe I’ll have a dumpster baby so I can call the poor thing Humpty Dumpster. Humpty Dumpster shall be roundy and bald. 😆
  • yumemitchiyumemitchi Posts: 24 Member

ZaPOxP9.png

so cute. ૮꒰ ˶. ̫.˶꒱ა
    i love pink ૮꒰ ⸝⸝ . ̫ . ⸝⸝ ꒱ა 💕💕1yo8yva6q5ot.jpg
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

ZaPOxP9.png

Looking at that little cute tooth. Will infants be extra cranky and need a teething ring?
    First-Tooth.jpg
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,785 Member
    Don't feel bad @CAPTAIN_NXR7 , ye bald Irish babbies do make up for it later with yer copious amounts of body hair.

gen3-banner.png
    edited February 2023
    Don't feel bad @CAPTAIN_NXR7 , ye bald Irish babbies do make up for it later with yer copious amounts of body hair.

@mightysprite You make it sound as though the Irish all turn into something akin to Cousin Itt.* 😆

*Fun Fact 1: some of us do.
    Fun Fact 2: I will never feel truly bad about being the local male Rapunzel.
  • deedles64deedles64 Posts: 149 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »

ZaPOxP9.png

Looking at that little cute tooth. Will infants be extra cranky and need a teething ring?
    First-Tooth.jpg

Oh I certainly hope so!
  • rogue_55rogue_55 Posts: 8 New Member
    Hi everyone. I am getting really excited about this day. March 14th is also my birthday. Hopefully I will get some time to play with the infants. I'm off from work that week, but my sister will be visiting. I'm also excited that I will get to see her. This is going to be the best birthday I have had in a while.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,632 Member
    I don't mind some infants having loads of hair, as long as we have the option to give them none to little hair, hopefully with more than one standard tiny curl. I like variety. But like others, I have been thinking it would be fine if infants had a little less hair growth than toddlers. It would feel more useful with separated life stages if there were differences wherever possible. In my game both these life stages will go by like the wind.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,857 Member
    I do also think some of the infant hair looks more so toddlerish due to length and just how its like smooth/styled looking

but I actually quite like that theres option for such

since then it brings the two lifestages closer together so say you age them up they don't suddenly go from 0 hair to long hair

as for myself I was blessed with rather short but dark punk haircut in my baby-infant lifestages :sunglasses:

i didn't really get to enjoy the bald lewk at all though 🙁 at least according to the baby photo albums
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • AliasterOdeoAliasterOdeo Posts: 46 Member
    Happy for those of you who want this, but I'd rather have preteens. The jump from child to teen to too big imo...
  • lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    Happy for those of you who want this, but I'd rather have preteens. The jump from child to teen to too big imo...

I totally agree, especially now with the introduction of infants, preteens feel like a necessity!
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    rogue_55 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I am getting really excited about this day. March 14th is also my birthday. Hopefully I will get some time to play with the infants. I'm off from work that week, but my sister will be visiting. I'm also excited that I will get to see her. This is going to be the best birthday I have had in a while.

well happy upcoming birthday :)
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,381 Member
    jpajari wrote: »

I totally agree, especially now with the introduction of infants, preteens feel like a necessity!

I agree. I used to be against preteens but with infants added it feels like the first 10 or so years are represented gradually and the jump from child to adult sized teens is too big in comparison.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    jpajari wrote: »

I agree. I used to be against preteens but with infants added it feels like the first 10 or so years are represented gradually and the jump from child to adult sized teens is too big in comparison.

yes I have to agree as well
    more for sim kids and more drama please