March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Infants Coming March 14!

Comments

• GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,206 Member
    It could be. But with any more life stages that are added to TS4, it would be wise for Project Rene to have them from the getgo, or else there will be backlash again like when TS4 released without toddlers.
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    They are so cuuute! I can’t wait but I was rather bummed about how long we have to wait. But at least I will have Hogwarts Legacy to keep me busy until then. :p
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited February 2023
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baGWYFokIJ0

OMG this is so super-cute. I complain when I'm upset and that means I've got a duty to tell people when I'm happy, and how happy I am. And I'm so happy! These Infants are so cute! It looks like so much work has gone into them! I know early release will have bugs while people experiment but part of me just doesn't care.

I'd always put off having babies, because from Crib to Toddler rubbed me up wrong. But now I wanna have families! I want my Sims to not just fall in love and Woo-Hoo, but have babies, oh yes. I wanna know how they will grow and how they will transition. I wanna know how infuriating they will be, constantly screaming for food and attention and nappy changes like I did.

It's the BEST THING EVER.

Since Toddlers, of course.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,633 Member
    edited February 2023
    I think they're adorable. Not gonna age up my teen and child so I can see all the different interactions.

ETA: Gonna add a new baby to the family and age up to toddler so there'll also be a toddler in the household when infants arrive.
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I don't expects that we will get any more life stages.

With the addition of infants and Project Rene 'years' away I'm hopeful for a preteen life stage. It's not something I personally want but I know a lot of simmers do.

IMO, I think they need to just make the current teens look more teen instead of YA-ish. Not add another whole age for adjustment. (just change the look of current teens)
    I'd prefer to see something done for elders. They've got nothing and not all elders crook over with back pain every 5 minutes.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

With the addition of infants and Project Rene 'years' away I'm hopeful for a preteen life stage. It's not something I personally want but I know a lot of simmers do.

IMO, I think they need to just make the current teens look more teen instead of YA-ish. Not add another whole age for adjustment. (just change the look of current teens)
    I'd prefer to see something done for elders. They've got nothing and not all elders crook over with back pain every 5 minutes.
    Giving the teens more cas assets to look more teen like does nothing to fill in the gap players like me are wanting to fill. Say I'm playing 2 child Sims they are both best friends one day one of them ages up and instantly is the size of an adult who goes to high school can woohoo and work a part time job while the other Sim looks like a 7 year old still playing on the jungle gym how does making the teen look more teen like change this massive change from child to adult size teen any better? Also where is my game play and storytelling possibilities I'd expect to see going from a child to a teenager where's the in-between it does not happen in an instant.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited February 2023
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

Giving the teens more cas assets to look more teen like does nothing to fill in the gap players like me are wanting to fill. Say I'm playing 2 child Sims they are both best friends one day one of them ages up and instantly is the size of an adult who goes to high school can woohoo and work a part time job while the other Sim looks like a 7 year old still playing on the jungle gym how does making the teen look more teen like change this massive change from child to adult size teen any better? Also where is my game play and storytelling possibilities I'd expect to see going from a child to a teenager where's the in-between it does not happen in an instant.

What I said was that the current teen needs to be made to look more like a teen and not like a YA.
    They dropped the ball on the teens when they created them to be "skinny" YA's. They should have looked way different from the start.

Not just the clothes they wear, or what they have available...their LOOK should have been far different than it is.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member

I do feel like the change from child to teen is going look even more dramatic now that we have infants. I do use the shorter teens mod which helps, but it's not a perfect solution.

• deedles64deedles64 Posts: 149 Member
    I do agree with others who say they would rather wait longer for infants than have them rushed and be disappointed with the end result. Honestly though, from October to March? They better be perfect. 👌
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited February 2023
    The wait isn't long at all for me because I play slow and gradual (typically on the weekends) and I'm trying to get my dating couple:
    1. Through University
    2. Employed
    3. Engaged
    4. Enjoy life as a couple
    5. To have various wedding related parties
    6. Then to have their big day before they have their first baby.

By the way, when people typically talk about the year in terms of early, middle or late, they mean:
    • Early: Jan, Feb, March, April
    • Middle (Mid): May, June, July, August
    • Late (Later): Sept, Oct, Nov, December

That is how it has always worked in my experience unless someone specifically states first, second, third or fourth quarter. I think everyone was excited and speculated based on their own personal desires.

In the speculation thread for the title Babies January 3rd where the OP had a dream, I read one quote who speculated much closer to the actual patch date:
    Gordy wrote: »
    I feel like January or February is too soon. I'd like to be proven wrong, but I'm expecting something around March-May.

Personally, I always keep level expectations—this way, I'm never disappointed.
    Can't wait for the....
    Infant-3.jpg
    to start.
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member

Wait so are infants a new life stage or are they an updated version?

• DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,514 Member
    They are a new life stage and babies will be set free as well.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,173 Member
    edited February 2023

Do you have a link for that? It will be awesome if they do. TIA
    Ahhh I found where they said that but not sure if they mean the "newborns" as well.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
    Bluegayle wrote: »

Do you have a link for that? It will be awesome if they do. TIA
    Ahhh I found where they said that but not sure if they mean the "newborns" as well.

I think they are including the newborns as well. If you skip to the 3:37 mark in the trailer Graham mentions socializing and playing between children, toddlers, infants, and newborns.

https://youtu.be/baGWYFokIJ0
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited February 2023

Where did someone say the babies would be set free as well?

Children can interact with newborns, so I don't think we should jump to conclusions. I'd be ecstatic if newborns were free too, but we have no confirmation of that.
    @IceyJ This is the only place I found it but I am pretty sure they are still just talking about the new infants.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/behind-the-sims-episode-1
    The Sims 4 is celebrating its 23rd birthday by revealing a new bundle of joy coming soon to the base game, Infants! Yes, yes, we’re finally freeing the baby.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
    IceyJ wrote: »

Where did someone say the babies would be set free as well?

Children can interact with newborns, so I don't think we should jump to conclusions. I'd be ecstatic if newborns were free too, but we have no confirmation of that.

They didn’t, but that along with several stories when the news broke made the statement that babies would no longer be considered objects by the game makes me feel like we’re going to get one of our biggest wishes granted. Graham’s comment makes me hopeful that newborns will no longer be tied to their bassinets. There was also a reference made to being able to pick them up and pass them to another sim. That is another comment that gives me hope that babies have finally been freed.
    @DaniRose2143 I really hope that happens <3
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,514 Member

I don't think babies will be freed. I think there is some confusion between that and the talk of infants. I believe that infants are the 'freed' babies.

I don't mind waiting for March cos I lost interest in the game anyway with all the bugs and the number of mods needed to play. I've been playing other games. But infants are definitely going to be bringing me back to simming!

Now, if only they did preteens... 😄

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,632 Member
    edited February 2023

Yes, I ditto that re elders! I wish the default idle animations would differ more. Maybe there is some scripted calculation, but I wish that the better fit and active elders would not behave like almost-dead on the day after their birthday. Skills, traits and perhaps a few other things should play into this.

Re teens should look younger, I agree. It would probably be easier to program than to insert a full new life stage. Besides, instead of more life stages there ciuld also be a way to add subtle changes. I always wished for Adults to get some grey hair automatically, but it would not need to be equal to all sims - again health and traits could affect. Some wrinkles could be added, also. I knw we can do some of this in CAS, but it would feel more real if the game handled it. If you absolutely would NOT want a woman to get that grey touch when pushing elderhood, then it could be easily fixed it in CAS.

Oh, that's new to me. Now I wonder why they created a new Infant stage if the baby is freed? Would be easier just merging the two (baby and infant)...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member

Aw now, look at them wee ones.
    They look great and really well done so far! I’m delighted for the “We wants infants!🥹” - part of the community. ❤️

During the Behind The Sims stream they showed us this lovely gameplay interaction of one sim giving another sim their infant.
    I hope the “recipient” will be able to display a different range of reactions to this, depending on relationship, mood and / or personality. A sim that is -let me give you a wild example - very much like myself, could hold up their hands and yell (in simlish):

“NO! NO! NO! I don’t want to be responsible for this!!” and the player will notice that the sim’s initial reaction is ultimate fear (fear of holding infant).
    However, the other sim shoves it in their arms anyway, because this - for a reason I shall never comprehend- is what people* always do, although I’ve noticed that this typically happens when the parent has to fetch clean baby nappies, so they decide to entrust YOU of all unqualified people, with the grueling task of trying to keep this vulnerable, stinking wriggling little bundle o’ joy under control.
    Anyway, the slightly distressed sim will eventually warm up to it - albeit in a somewhat awkward manner - and all will be well. Or will it?

people, as in family or friends. Not just random people. It would be rather peculiar if a random person just walked over and handed you their infant. Instead of “hold my beer” it would be “hold my infant”.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,632 Member
    I hope the “recipient” will be able to display a different range of reactions to this, depending on relationship, mood and / or personality. A sim that is -let me give you a wild example - very much like myself, could hold up their hands and yell (in simlish):

I'd love that! After all there is a hate-children trait. Would be weird if they reacted the same way as family oriented sims...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Yes, I ditto that re elders! I wish the default idle animations would differ more. Maybe there is some scripted calculation, but I wish that the better fit and active elders would not behave like almost-dead on the day after their birthday. Skills, traits and perhaps a few other things should play into this.

Re teens should look younger, I agree. It would probably be easier to program than to insert a full new life stage. Besides, instead of more life stages there ciuld also be a way to add subtle changes. I always wished for Adults to get some grey hair automatically, but it would not need to be equal to all sims - again health and traits could affect. Some wrinkles could be added, also. I knw we can do some of this in CAS, but it would feel more real if the game handled it. If you absolutely would NOT want a woman to get that grey touch when pushing elderhood, then it could be easily fixed it in CAS.

Oh, that's new to me. Now I wonder why they created a new Infant stage if the baby is freed? Would be easier just merging the two (baby and infant)...

I could have misunderstood what was actually said. I thought in the behind the scenes from Tuesday that Graham at one point said, “children, toddlers, infants, and newborns”. It was around the 3:55-4:00 minute mark of the trailer.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

I'm super curious if we have strollers. Really would love to have them. If we don't get them I imagine it's because they couldn't make them work well. I would be willing to settle for that baby carrying bag on the back though 😏

Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,791 Member
    infants are the 'freed' babies

That was my understanding as well. No changes to newborns were mentioned in the streams. All the new stuff is for the new life stage, infants.

Hmm I wonder if ages of current sims will be adjusted when the infant patch happens? It seems they'd have to add days to the lifespan, which could cause similar issues as when the teen lifestage was extended last summer.
    gen3-banner.png