Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gamepacks? 2023

Since October 2022, we know that we are going to get two big expansion packs, one of them having something to do with family and generations while the other is unknown but we know nothing about gamepacks. The unusual schedule got me thinking. Usually February is time we get GAME PACKS and Expansions packs come out during June/July or/and November/December. Seeing that we will perhaps get new huge EP on February/March, is it possible game pack(s) would come out later this year, for example March, April, or May? How many game packs do you think will we get and what are they going to be about?

Comments

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,408 Member
    With two EP, I think we will get only one GP. Two of each feels like more content than they can produce looking back at the last years.

I would like to have a fairy GP, but with the last one being werewolves I don't think we will be that lucky. Perhaps a hotel GP. If restaurants are possible in a GP, then the same can be done for hotels.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    I think they would have announced a 2023 GP at the summit.
  • lunnarilalunnarila Posts: 221 Member
    I think it will go like this kits
    Generation EP
    GP
    kits
    EP?
    possible GP at the end of the year and maybe some more kits.
    I think hotels or bands/singers is the best bet
    But it could have also been fairies or horses
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    The EP is listed at the end of the roadmap, so I'm thinking we won't get that until March (likely mid-March). I'm guessing the second EP will be back to a more traditional November release date, because I suspect they will need at least six months from the first EP. So, we could get a GP really anywhere from June-October.

I would also love a fairies GP, but given the way they space out the occults, I agree it's not likely this year. Thinking about the other most requested things that are left (bands, hotels, cars, horses), they all seem more likely to be EPs if we get them at all. So a GP this year could be something completely new/unexpected.

I do still really, really, really want nectar-making to come back, and they could handle that in a way that it would fit in a GP, but I think it's more likely that they would include it as a secondary feature in an EP, if they do it at all.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Seriously, though, I do just want to say that if in the end, when all the packs have been released, we get oral hygiene packs but not nectar-making, then I am done with the sims franchise forever...
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I think they would have announced a 2023 GP at the summit.

They didn't announce everything we'd be getting this year.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Better be an occult pack.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited January 2023
    I don’t want to be cynical but I think they’ve realised the time/money ratio is in kits.

I don’t expect to see any stuff/game packs but expect about 8-10 kits throughout the year and the two announced expansions. If we’re lucky they might do a refresh - Dine Out or Outdoor Retreat would be nice.
  • mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    edited January 2023
    I would like a horseback riding place a supermarket a zoo and lots more stuff the sims 4 never had before like a dentists office please
    Post edited by mollie1998 on
  • plumboy23plumboy23 Posts: 128 Member
    edited January 2023
    I think we'll get a GP around May-June and the theme will be Horses (maybe something western). I don't want horses at all, but when they announced Cottage Living a guru said Horses were not included because they deserved a pack for them, so I think they can come next.

I pray for an hotel game pack but my hopes are so low.
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    I think that we’ll get a game pack in the summer, so an expansion pack in the first part of the year, a game pack in the middle of the year, & another expansion at the end of the year, with a lot of kits in between, lol.
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,103 Member
    plumboy23 wrote: »

I'd love a hotel pack too, one that includes being able to run a B&B. Being able to run a B&B would be a first for the franchise I believe. It could be so fun!

• ThirteenCatz2ThirteenCatz2 Posts: 80 Member
    > @manicobsessive said:
    > I'd love a hotel pack too, one that includes being able to run a B&B. Being able to run a B&B would be a first for the franchise I believe. It could be so fun!

I love the B&B idea! I would take that over hotels to be honest! I think hotels would be far too complicated for the sims 4 engine and would definitly have way too many bugs. A good workaround like people have mentioned would be a kiosk to pay at an entrance of a venue, and maybe make the lot type a resort type so people sleep and eat there, but nothing more complicated
  • HahcbeachwavesHahcbeachwaves Posts: 121 Member
    plumboy23 wrote: »

I'd love a hotel pack too, one that includes being able to run a B&B. Being able to run a B&B would be a first for the franchise I believe. It could be so fun!
    > @manicobsessive said:
    > I'd love a hotel pack too, one that includes being able to run a B&B. Being able to run a B&B would be a first for the franchise I believe. It could be so fun!

I love the B&B idea! I would take that over hotels to be honest! I think hotels would be far too complicated for the sims 4 engine and would definitly have way too many bugs. A good workaround like people have mentioned would be a kiosk to pay at an entrance of a venue, and maybe make the lot type a resort type so people sleep and eat there, but nothing more complicated

I love that idea ! Maybe in a scenic Switzerland inspired town like Locarno or Gimmelwald.
  • YBNS2468YBNS2468 Posts: 240 Member
    We might be getting the second EP in September... in past sims games expansion packs were almost always released in March and September, I'll be satisfied if we'll go back to that!😜 Family and hopefully Music ❤️

and I think this year will be the year of only one expansion pack, my guess is hotel management .😗😗
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    If we're really getting Infants, we'll get a Gameplay pack for them. Just like we got a Toddler pack to go with free Toddlers.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • lunnarilalunnarila Posts: 221 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    If we're really getting Infants, we'll get a Gameplay pack for them. Just like we got a Toddler pack to go with free Toddlers.

I think we will get a lot of gameplay for infants and other kids in incoming expansion pack. Seeing how the EP is focused on family life and kids. If we don't get anything for elders, I am sure we will get separate GP for them. Like Golden Years, or something. If not, then maybe bands or hotels. I wouldn't hope for fairies or horses this year but who knows