Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

San Sequoia World Discussion

Comments

• Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited February 2023
    itolduso wrote: »
    JustinB113 wrote: »
    I’m also English and don’t really mind the whole American game/American world thing but I will say America is just not that interesting and I mean no disrespect! But you see one American suburban town and one American city and you’ve seen a lot of them.
    I think we don’t see the nuances between the different states in the way Americans do, they see ‘oh this is Ohio, this is Arkansas’ where as a lot of us just see it as ‘oh it’s America again’.
    When Paris, London, Istanbul, Lisbon, the Italian countryside, the Swiss Alps, the Egyptian Pyramids, the Brazilian Favelas, Eastern Europe, Thailand, Colombia and Singapore exist then San Francisco isn’t really all that exciting when there has already been so many American locales. I would expect more USA than other worlds but the percentage is a bit high, especially when you consider how popular Windenburg (Germany?), Henford (U.K.), Komorebi (Japan) and Tartosa (Italy?) are. Sulani too. I think the most popular worlds are the non American ones.
    I guess it does help make it feel like your sims aren’t having to take a long haul flight every time they travel somewhere though. And for the content of this specific pack the USA is probably the best choice.

I'm American and I politely disagree.

While I agree that all of the cities and countries you mentioned are interesting...America is also interesting!

I love how my country has a vast variety of landscapes. Urban jungles like NYC, deserts like New Mexico, mountains like Colorado, coastal cities like Portland, and many more.

I’m sorry I think I phrased it badly. I did not mean to say America wasn’t interesting. I meant to say America wasn’t 16 worlds to 5 worlds or whatever it is interesting if that makes sense.

There are much older and more inspiring places in the world than the USA, we already have lots of American worlds and there is a whole entire continent that is not represented in the sims. So when there is a new one I think a lot of international players are underwhelmed. I do understand Americans see each state as very different places but to many of us it’s just ‘oh, USA again’.

Imagine these choices for new world inspiration. Oregon or Vatican City? New Mexico or actual Mexico? Colorado or Swiss Alps? Portland or Barcelona? I think mostly only Americans would pick the states here.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,672 Member
    edited February 2023
    I did not know what post the picture was a respond to, so it was not that easy to see it was a joke ;)

I'm eager to see new pictures, and it can't be that long until we get some more real teasers.

About America vs the rest of the world, I agree there are lots of RL destinations outside USA that would be nice seeing in the game. I was thrilled to get Tartosa mainly because I previously spent vacations in several countries in that area and loved how they got the local feel quite accurate. It inspired me to build differently, planning for vacation resorts and so on. Generic worlds like Newcrest or Willow Creek never trigger any specific cultural builds or lifestyles. That said, I basically think of TS as quite generic when it comes to locations and I think it is needed to create the sandbox feel that many of us like. Worlds with less uniqueness makes it easier to make up you own stories. The best will (as always) be a little bit of both, and his far I think TS4 is balancing pretty well between America and outside :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I’m also English and don’t really mind the whole American game/American world thing but I will say America is just not that interesting and I mean no disrespect! But you see one American suburban town and one American city and you’ve seen a lot of them.
    I think we don’t see the nuances between the different states in the way Americans do, they see ‘oh this is Ohio, this is Arkansas’ where as a lot of us just see it as ‘oh it’s America again’.
    When Paris, London, Istanbul, Lisbon, the Italian countryside, the Swiss Alps, the Egyptian Pyramids, the Brazilian Favelas, Eastern Europe, Thailand, Colombia and Singapore exist then San Francisco isn’t really all that exciting when there has already been so many American locales. I would expect more USA than other worlds but the percentage is a bit high, especially when you consider how popular Windenburg (Germany?), Henford (U.K.), Komorebi (Japan) and Tartosa (Italy?) are. Sulani too. I think the most popular worlds are the non American ones.
    I guess it does help make it feel like your sims aren’t having to take a long haul flight every time they travel somewhere though. And for the content of this specific pack the USA is probably the best choice.

While I agree that all of the cities and countries you mentioned are interesting...America is also interesting!

I love how my country has a vast variety of landscapes. Urban jungles like NYC, deserts like New Mexico, mountains like Colorado, coastal cities like Portland, and many more.

I’m sorry I think I phrased it badly. I did not mean to say America wasn’t interesting. I meant to say America wasn’t 16 worlds to 5 worlds or whatever it is interesting if that makes sense.

There are much older and more inspiring places in the world than the USA, we already have lots of American worlds and there is a whole entire continent that is not represented in the sims. So when there is a new one I think a lot of international players are underwhelmed. I do understand Americans see each state as very different places but to many of us it’s just ‘oh, USA again’.

Imagine these choices for new world inspiration. Oregon or Vatican City? New Mexico or actual Mexico? Colorado or Swiss Alps? Portland or Barcelona? I think mostly only Americans would pick the states here.

The only place left in the world I want to visit is Barcelona, I am hardly what one would call a world traveler, but I have been to a few places in Europe. I bypassed Paris and headed out into the outlying areas where there were fewer tourists. But I would happily enter the tourist zones just to see and study the unique architecture as well as the colorful mosaics the city of Barcelona is known for. Someday I hope the stars align and I will have the opportunity to go there. :)
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    edited February 2023
    Oh, maybe we'll see them ride toward/onto the bridge then there will be a loading screen which leads to the other end of the bridge..
    image.png
  • Options
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »

The only place left in the world I want to visit is Barcelona, I am hardly what one would call a world traveler, but I have been to a few places in Europe. I bypassed Paris and headed out into the outlying areas where there were fewer tourists. But I would happily enter the tourist zones just to see and study the unique architecture as well as the colorful mosaics the city of Barcelona is known for. Someday I hope the stars align and I will have the opportunity to go there. :)

Oh I really hope you get to go! I try to avoid crowds too but sometimes you have to if you want to see the best bits :smile:
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    I did not know what post the picture was a respond to, so it was not that easy to see it was a joke ;)

I'm eager to see new pictures, and it can't be that long until we get some more real teasers.

About America vs the rest of the world, I agree there are lots of RL destinations outside USA that would be nice seeing in the game. I was thrilled to get Tartosa mainly because I previously spent vacations in several countries in that area and loved how they got the local feel quite accurate. It inspired me to build differently, planning for vacation resorts and so on. Generic worlds like Newcrest or Willow Creek never trigger any specific cultural builds or lifestyles. That said, I basically think of TS as quite generic when it comes to locations and I think it is needed to create the sandbox feel that many of us like. Worlds with less uniqueness makes it easier to make up you own stories. The best will (as always) be a little bit of both, and his far I think TS4 is balancing pretty well between America and outside :)

I also prefer more generic places. I allows more creativity if we can project our own story on a location. I think sims 2 was better in delivering more generic places. But most importantly we could edit worlds in that game. In sims 4 we can't change the world and are stuck with what we get. I tend to prefer the more European looking worlds because they feel more familiar but I don't mind a San Francisco themed world. I don't play European or American sims anyway, they live in a fictional sims nation. In my game I won't play this world as American.

What interests me more is the number of lots and how they are devided over the neighbourhoods. I hope we can get a neighbourhood with 5 lots. I am also very curious for the walking path. I hope it is similar to the snowy escape one in gameplay and not only for powerwalks.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member

This is one American picking the non-USA sites. This planet has a lot of fascinating and beautiful places worth representing in the game. Will even suggest a few: Venice, Rome, Paris, Geneva, London, Halifax, Tokyo, Rio de Jamerio, Sydney, and almost anywhere in the Netherlands.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I notice there's a concern about how most of the Worlds are American. I understand that, however Sims 4 is actually an American game, so it makes sense.
    I do appreciate the following worlds:
    Oasis Springs - Mexico/Spain
    Windenburg/Henford/Forgotten Hollow/Glimmerbrook - Europe
    Sulani/Tartosa - Tropical Islands
    Coperdale/Moonwood - Baniff & Jasper Canada

And what I've seen so far, San Sequoia reminds me of Vancouver Canada

Selvadorada is more similar to Mexico.
    Oasis Springs is modeled after Southwestern parts of America like Nevada and Arizona.
    Sulani is Hawaii, and Tartosa is more like Spain or a Mediterranean nation.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    mika wrote: »

I'd say it's more of a composite of various Central American countries rather than (or in addition to) Mexico, particularly when you look at the origins of most of the foods.
  • Options
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    mika wrote: »

I'd say it's more of a composite of various Central American countries rather than (or in addition to) Mexico, particularly when you look at the origins of most of the foods.

That makes sense to me. Windenburg and tartosa are also a composition of various European countries. Windenburg has a bit of Germany (old center, though I have seen that style of building in other countries) lykke as in the neighbourhood name is Danish or Swedish, the name bjergsen is Scandinavian as well. the country side feels to be English inspired. That neighbourhood reminds me of Oslo. I think countries around the North and East Sea would be more accurate as a reference for windenburg. Especially if you take the heavy snow in winter into account.
    The town in Tartosa reminds me of France and Italy (I have been to both) and others think the waterfalls are inspired by Croatia.
    I don't know central America like I do Europe but it seems very reasonable that selvadorada is inspired by more than just one specific country.
  • Options
    LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,663 Member
    Doesn't really matter if it's full of fake building's and very few usable lots or worse yet five lots and only 2 fishing signs that take 3 game hours to get too.
    graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif
  • Options
    Doesn't really matter if it's full of fake building's and very few usable lots or worse yet five lots and only 2 fishing signs that take 3 game hours to get too.

Getting around in a world with a large surface can be irritating. That's why I like to give my sims bikes or teleportation options. Non-occult sims learn to teleport with the wellness skills. Spellcasters and werewolves use their occult powers to teleport.
  • Options
    edited February 2023

This is one American picking the non-USA sites. This planet has a lot of fascinating and beautiful places worth representing in the game. Will even suggest a few: Venice, Rome, Paris, Geneva, London, Halifax, Tokyo, Rio de Jamerio, Sydney, and almost anywhere in the Netherlands.

I was hoping we would get Rio inspired world! Also Netherlands is a very good choice, either the city or the countryside. I cannot think that we have a windmill in sims aside from the Eco lifestyle things.. but traditional one like the lighthouses we have would be nice.

Definitely Paris in the sims would be really really good as they’d use the best bits, the table restaurants and canals etc. They already have a clothing kit for it.

From America I’d really love Las Vegas, but I don’t think they can 😬.
  • Options
    DaiyuDaiyu Posts: 771 Member
    I would love to see an African inspired country.
  • Options
    rebekah512rebekah512 Posts: 881 Member
    Daiyu wrote: »
    I would love to see an African inspired country.

That would be fantastic.
  • Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    To be honest I wish we had more european worlds because it is the most familiar for me but on the end of the day I do not care that much what kind of style we have. I only would like to see more lots which are close to each other without any set dressing in between. I want to create my neighbourhoods from scratch instead of following someone's idea. I would say that something wrong happened before Get Famous realise. From this expansion, the worlds are more or less restricted. In Henford (center), Tartosa and Copperdale the lots don't even match the world. They are not connected to the road or don't centered properly even. I afraid that in San Sequoia problem will be the same especially that on the trailer there were a lot of fake buildings.

This is what I want to avoid:
    wedding74.jpg

Sims4Mariage-construction-20_resultat_resultat.jpg.9f235a435748015e42e84b7d2c8a4382.jpg

uilNjSc.png

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,672 Member
    As long as we don't have cars, I don't mind a lot about lots not fitting 100% with surrounding streets. But what I do miss is a world where lots are grouped in a way making it possible to build a bigger construction on multiple lots, perhaps being divided only be a small park or garden or mansion brick stone backyard, or farming square. This way we could build a farm on 2-3 lots, including several households or different old builds spread a little out. A castle could take up 3 lots, meaning the royal family could reside on one, official stately services on one and servants could stay on one lot. Or simply a small group of lots that obviously all used to be just one property split between relatives over the generations. If each world hood had one group like that, it would trigger new kinds of stories to play.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    To be honest I wish we had more european worlds because it is the most familiar for me but on the end of the day I do not care that much what kind of style we have. I only would like to see more lots which are close to each other without any set dressing in between. I want to create my neighbourhoods from scratch instead of following someone's idea. I would say that something wrong happened before Get Famous realise. From this expansion, the worlds are more or less restricted. In Henford (center), Tartosa and Copperdale the lots don't even match the world. They are not connected to the road or don't centered properly even. I afraid that in San Sequoia problem will be the same especially that on the trailer there were a lot of fake buildings.

This is what I want to avoid:
    wedding74.jpg

Sims4Mariage-construction-20_resultat_resultat.jpg.9f235a435748015e42e84b7d2c8a4382.jpg

uilNjSc.png

Exactly this. I recently saw a save file someone created for the base game worlds. In willow creek the buildings are so close to each other that you can give the street a different look by editing all the buildings.
  • Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    This is why I would like to see more worlds like Willow Creek or Oasis Springs. In general I feel that in the recent expansions EA wants to impose their stories and they ideas on us instead of give us the freedom.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,961 Member
    edited February 2023
    I just want small lots close to each other and with no shells between

also like no shells on other side of road because for instance if i was to build in ridgeline in newcrest it bothers me to ends of world my buildings are not to scale with the shells even though i have no intention to build so freaking many mansion size builds

seems like im gonna have same annoyance with this world
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    pvrescue1pvrescue1 Posts: 61 Member
    Another American world. Should've been Australian. Enough said.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited February 2023
    Gameplay Trailer is Tomorrow. I hope it shows a lot of places in this world.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited February 2023
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I just want small lots close to each other and with no shells between

also like no shells on other side of road because for instance if i was to build in ridgeline in newcrest it bothers me to ends of world my buildings are not to scale with the shells even though i have no intention to build so freaking many mansion size builds

seems like im gonna have same annoyance with this world

My guess is the lot sizes in this world will skew towards the middle sizes... Big enough for a family, rather than a single sim, but not super rich households on every lot.

With it being a suburb I expect the lots will be spaced out with green space in between, except maybe the downtown area (cinema area/wharf looks densely built with shells).
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    I just hope its a decent size with a lot of lots to build on and not one of those silly little worlds with only half a dozen lots