Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

San Sequoia World Discussion

Comments

• aktexaktex Posts: 367 Member
    edited February 2023
    I see boats. It would be cool if we could live on them
    tcvoh84l0v7b6kg3g.jpg
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I know a lot of people aren’t really impressed by this world, but I’m excited about it! I love how we’re getting water, trees, and a more urban area!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    Okay, now I'm getting a little bit more excited! This is still not fully giving SF/Oakland vibes but it's definitely closer than what I saw in the gameplay trailer.

I miss the Bay Area so much and I'm psyched to "move back" via the Sims haha.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    aktex wrote: »

I'm hoping those boats can be used for transport like the ones in Brendleton Bay.
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member

I'm hoping those boats can be used for transport like the ones in Brendleton Bay.

That would be awesome! If something is going to be fake set dressing, at least give it some kind of rabbit hole interaction? At the very least, I'm glad we will be able to walk out onto the dock. If I'm remembering the reveal trailer correctly, there was a sim holding a baby standing right by those boats?

Can't wait to see the rest of the world in the livestream. I'm itching for a new world to live and play in.... :)

I also want to build a bunch of 'no cc' family homes to share on the gallery. I'm not much of a family player, but this will give me an excuse to build a handful of suburban family homes for those of you who need more houses to plunk down in your game.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,660 Member
    Do we know who Gilbert is/was? (re Gilbert Gardens)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    edited February 2023

Apparently the docks in that picture are inaccessible. But there is another dock, So maybe those boats.

actually I just saw the guru say they are not functional.

Apparently the docks in that picture are inaccessible. But there is another dock, So maybe those boats.

Ooooo... I'm betting we'll be able to buy a small sailing boat like the ones we have in Sulani? But hopefully they will accomodate a family of four, instead of just a single sim.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,377 Member

Such a pity that the boats don't work. She showed two wharfs and none of them are working, just decorative. I mean, we should at least be able to moor the Sulani catamaran and the jet ski. Also, I think the proportions on those boats is a bit off, like they are about half the size they should be given their shape.
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member

Ooooo... I'm betting we'll be able to buy a small sailing boat like the ones we have in Sulani? But hopefully they will accomodate a family of four, instead of just a single sim.

I really hope that’s what she means. And is not just talking about the splash pads.
    I really hope that’s what she means. And is not just talking about the splash pads.

Me too.

.... or maybe it's something completely new and unexpected? :smiley:

• GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member

Sims 4, pls. I know there's another (less picturesque) dock we can walk to, but I'm getting sick of interesting spots being inaccessible set dressing.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017

That would be awesome! If something is going to be fake set dressing, at least give it some kind of rabbit hole interaction? At the very least, I'm glad we will be able to walk out onto the dock. If I'm remembering the reveal trailer correctly, there was a sim holding a baby standing right by those boats?

Can't wait to see the rest of the world in the livestream. I'm itching for a new world to live and play in.... :)

I also want to build a bunch of 'no cc' family homes to share on the gallery. I'm not much of a family player, but this will give me an excuse to build a handful of suburban family homes for those of you who need more houses to plunk down in your game.

Nova unfortunately confirmed their not functionable.

This.
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    Maybe the little John boats will be functional, it would be neat if you could fish from them.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited February 2023
    Hmmmmm.... based on what I've seen so far I'm not too thrilled about the world style.... I LOVE the last two worlds we got and moved all my sims there so I can't love them all I guess.
    Maybe I'll change my mind after seeing more but it's probably not a place my sims would live. I'll never say no to a new world though. For the worlds I don't live in I make them vacation areas and fill it with shopping centers and entertainment lots.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    Plus I was hoping it would have more of a busy city feel. San myshuno never quite hit the mark for me and all this time I've been hoping for a proper city world. This doesn't seem to be it. I also still hope we get another Sulani style beach world. No other world has matched its beauty. Or even better I would love a half city, half beach/island kind of world!
    Also still waiting on a livable jungle and forest. Like granite falls forest forest with a swim spot.

But anyway, still feeling positive about San Sequoia and waiting to see more 😎
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    Well... The world is full of unfunctional set dressing as usual... What is worse it looks dead such as Mt Komorebi.
    I don't know if this was posted already but I thought this was interesting!!!

uxLpmho.jpeg
    U67hcBO.jpeg

ME LIKE🤭
    edited February 2023
    Not too bad 12 playable lots is pretty good. I'm hoping 2 of the are rental lots so sims can vacation there.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,840 Member
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    Well... The world is full of unfunctional set dressing as usual... What is worse it looks dead such as Mt Komorebi.

They're only scenic screenshots. Might be a bit premature to say they're dead before we even see active gameplay.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited February 2023

Only 12 lots ? That’s not much. I mean usually almost all the lots are already filled and you have to move the premade families out so you can place your own sims, because there’s not enough lots.

Also I hope the lots are big enough to build family homes this time and not mainly tiny 20 x15 lots like in High School years.

• DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,813 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Only 12 lots ? That’s not much. I mean usually almost all the lots are already filled and you have to move the premade families out so you can place your own sims, because there’s not enough lots.
    Also I hope the lots are big enough to build family homes this time and not mainly tiny 20 x15 lots like in High School years.

More 30x20 lots would be greatly appreciated. That is the perfect size for a residential lot.