Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many hours do you Sims sleep?

ItsMeThatGuyItsMeThatGuy Posts: 305 Member
Do you fill the Sim's energy need all the way up in the morning, or are your Sims sleep-deprived? What I'm wondering is how many hours do your Sims get rest! This poll is if your Sims sleep on a bed with an Energy Gain of 4! So, let's get started!
I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.

How many hours do you Sims sleep? 50 votes

My Sims always sleep until they're Energy is full. No exceptions! Get good sleep, Sims!
64%
pisceschick75Emily4331carlystur03GraceyManorMamaSimTeedst193airotciv54MikezumiBlackSandNinja-Dan22Sorak4xxnearlyperfectxEnkiSchmidtMantleJackalEricasFreePlayTinySpaceFoxPleaseMisterPostmanSunnyyesjamsGrumpyGlowfishVivi_WillowTree 32 votes
Must wake them up a little early! Maybe Energy is filled around 90% at morning!
12%
kiara07Anthonydyerley65honeywitchAgmolly210Simexpert123 6 votes
You're Sims are tired in the morning because your Sim's energy is only around 60%!
0%
Just a few hours of sleep and that's it! You're Sim is quite sleep-deprived, only filling up a little energy!
0%
No sleep! How dare you! They will be exhausted in the morning!
0%
Other! Explain please!
24%
emorrilljillbgMadDoctor61Sims4MagicalTalescoolsim9999999YuriTheCreatorpolrbearSeashoreLiviaVailsSprottenhamLIL_LillyLamaaaay 12 votes

Comments

• Options
    LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    My Sims always sleep until they're Energy is full. No exceptions! Get good sleep, Sims!
    I always ensure they sleep enough until their Energy is full, but my Sim and his wife have maxed out Handiness, so I make them upgrade the beds to give more Energy in much less time. So for them, a full night of sleep is around 3-4 in-game hours.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited January 2023
    unless ghosties are keeping them awake making sleeping during night impossible or they have unfortunately ended up in Olive Specters basement or probably both

sometimes they get naps at random times too to make my playing easier
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    Other! Explain please!
    That depends when my sims go to bed. If they go to bed early enough, they will sleep until their bar is full. If they stay up late, they will sleep until they have to wake up to go to work or school.

I prefer my sims to get their bar filled up, but as I also leave them on full autonomy as much as possible it's kind of also up to them how much sleep they get...
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Other! Explain please!
    I used to try to let them get "natural" sleep, but since I just take pictures nowadays, I cheat an awful lot ;)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    MadDoctor61MadDoctor61 Posts: 414 Member
    Other! Explain please!
    I usually start with homeless Sims, sometimes a large family. They buy an empty lot and then I cheat away any remaining funds. They sleep/shower at the pool or elsewhere and eat out all the time. Because income is limited at the start, it takes a while to get the money but I wait til I can afford good beds to place on the empty lot. From then on, they generally get a good nights sleep. At least I don't have 'Seasons', so they don't get rained/snowed on.
  • Options
    LamaaaayLamaaaay Posts: 66 Member
    Other! Explain please!
    I mean kinda like a person, if I put my sim to bed earlier their energy bar will be closer to full but if I have them stay up to 3am finishing something but they have work the next day the bar will be barely full. I do try to keep it full though, my sims to tend to have a better sleep schedule then myself lol.
  • Options
    polrbearpolrbear Posts: 939 Member
    Other! Explain please!
    I will definitely be willing to give my sims a little energy boost using cheats so that they can get their Well Rested moodlets, and still get where I need them to be, on time. :smile:
    I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,101 Member
    edited January 2023
    Other! Explain please!
    In TS3, I use the mailbox to keep all needs full because I don't cook in TS3 because the fire danger is worse!

In TS4, my Sims fill all their needs in game/rewards traits that they've earned.
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 373 Member
    edited January 2023
    My sims sleep better than I do. They always get a full nights rests unless I have no other choice but to wake them up early such as when they're starving, need to go to the bathroom, or work.

Edit: I guess this would fit under the "Other" option better since I do make an exception, lol.
  • Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    I suppose I average 90%, but ultimately, I get my sims to bed as close to reasonable as possible and then they must wake up in time for school or work. If they are too tired, then the whole day can become a mess.
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Other! Explain please!
    jillbg wrote: »
    I used to try to let them get "natural" sleep, but since I just take pictures nowadays, I cheat an awful lot ;)

@jillbg ^Same!! :lol:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    VailsVails Posts: 50 Member
    Other! Explain please!
    I let them sleep for a few hours, then drag their sleep motive up via testingcheats. There's so much more my sims could be doing instead of sleeping so I feel like it's justified.
    6h978o3aneec.png
  • Options
    ley65ley65 Posts: 19 Member
    my sims get their beauty sleep, otherwise they'll be miserable all the time lol
  • Options
    I usually have them sleep until their energy is completely full unless I forget to send them to bed before they have to get up for work.
  • Options
    octotigeroctotiger Posts: 64 Member
    I prefer my sims to sleep as long as they want. I hate that the carpool wakes them immediately. I feel they should only be woken if they own an alarm clock. I'd prefer they be late and well rested or just miss work and suffer the consequences of bad job performance. Sims get promoted too easily in the sims 3. I like the randomness of the earlier sims games where they could get chance cards that negatively affect their job performance. There are chance cards in the sims 3 as well but they don't show up too often.
  • Options
    PantasticalCatPantasticalCat Posts: 38 Member
    My sims sleep fully until they're rested, but the first thing I ALWAYS invest in are the highest quality beds so their full night's sleep is pretty short!
    ~Call me Cat, compulsive storyteller!
  • Options
    pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 541 Member
    I always try to have my sims have almost full energy for the day...if not, they are really cranky. If the bar dips below half, especially in University...I try to have my sims take a nap in between classes or at least use the cappuccino machine. Once my sim has full logic and has learned all of the elixirs...they make a lot of sleeping elixir!
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p
  • Options
    LIL_LillyLIL_Lilly Posts: 93 Member
    Other! Explain please!
    I usually play with 2 adults and like 4-5 kids 2-3 of which be tots, so they will uhm, go a few days without sleeping, then they sleep for the whole day. I also often forget to buy a coffee pot, and I proceed to wonder why my sims are so unhappy.
    Yes, I play big families in the sims. please add crawling babies and pre-teens, My mom played sims 1 and 2 now I play 4, its just family tradition at this point
  • Options
    BaronwynBaronwyn Posts: 15 Member
    TIL you can upgrade the bed!!! Thanks @LJK
  • Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member

My Sims always sleep until fully rested ...
    And I stagger bedtimes to meet schedules and/or avoid congestion in areas of the household if necessary.

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I only have one Sims 3 household atm, a childless couple, and they may sleep however long they want. The detective works when it suits him and the teacher teleports to work, so no need to bend himself over backwards for the carpool.

(On a sidenote, I love that with CaSt I can use the best bed for efficiency, but make it look rundown/shabby for storytelling purpose.)
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    edited March 2023
    Unless it's 5am(5pm for vampires) at least, they're lying in when that energy bar fills. Otherwise it's out the bed the instant that bar fills beyond that. I make an exception for heavy sleepers. I'll give them free rein to go lie in any bed for an extra few hours.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    ltawtltawt Posts: 11 New Member
    For the most part they get to sleep until the bar is full