Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Xbox one Console Maintenance...proper and complete way to power cycle, clear cache and some tips!!

I have researched on my own as well as spoken with Xbox staff about optimizing console performance and they lead me through some steps. You may have heard of clearing your cache and power cycling your console. Well, I know the most correct way to do these things. This is all you need to do to power cycle and clear cache at the same time. Clearing cache removes temporary files from the Xbox, sometimes this information fills up and slows down your console. It does not delete any saved game files or profiles. A power cycle will restart software within Xbox clearing out corrupted data, I can't explain it that well. Both are safe to do, will help your console and improve performance, and you will lose no important data. These thing's may solve issues about your Console, such as lag, freezing and certain bugs/glitches.
1. While Xbox is on, hold power button until the console turns off. Then wait one minute
2. Unplug the power cable from the Xbox, unplug the HDMI cable and the Ethernet cable.
3. Press and hold power button on Xbox for a few seconds then release it, repeat this step 3 or 4 times.
4. After about a minute plug back in all the things you unplugged.
5. Wait about 1 more minute after plugging everything in and power back on your console. Now you have power cycled and cleared Cache.

Another thing you should do from time to time is go to settings and look around till you find the blu ray area, click on that and find the clear persistent data, click on it and clear data, do this 2 times at least. I'm not 100 % sure what this does but it has more to do than just with blu ray disks, it has to do with the Xbox in general but in what way I'm not sure.