Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Downloads Dashboard not downloading stuff and stuff that I once owned from the Store is gone!

Cndy20009Cndy20009 Posts: 434 Member
Hi all!

Long time, no see!

I started playing The Sims 3 again, and I noticed that any time I tried to download stuff from my Downloads Dashboard, I can't find it. It's not where it's supposed to be. I know that I once had the Magic Cauldron and the Cow Plant, and I did put the Cow Plant into the world once, but once I loaded my game today, it was gone!

Please help.

If it helps, here are the system specs:

Hardware:

Device name ACER Aspire TC-885
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9400 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz
Installed RAM 12.0 GB (11.9 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Software:

Edition Windows 11 Home
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎12/‎15/‎2022
OS build 22621.963
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22638.1000.0

Support:
Manufacturer Acer

Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,179 Member
    An update to win11 may have caused this. I found that stopping syncing helps. Also are you using Origin still or the new app? I would recommend staying with Origin for now. My dashboard hasn't worked for years but I was able to re download and install from sims3 purchase history and the launcher.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Cndy20009Cndy20009 Posts: 434 Member
    I'm on the EA app.
  • Cndy20009Cndy20009 Posts: 434 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    An update to win11 may have caused this. I found that stopping syncing helps. Also are you using Origin still or the new app? I would recommend staying with Origin for now. My dashboard hasn't worked for years but I was able to re download and install from sims3 purchase history and the launcher.

I disabled syncing. It still doesn't work.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,179 Member
    edited December 2022
    Cndy20009 wrote: »
    Bluegayle wrote: »

I disabled syncing. It still doesn't work.

I couldn't get my store content with EA App I had to return to Origin. EACade has a link to download it again if you need it. They are holding off on switching everyone to new app until they can figure out problems with the older games. Also I sometimes I had to double click items to get them to dl and install.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18212617#Comment_18212617
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion