Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Collection Folder for Lots' Catalog

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
I've always wanted one. :/

When I actively play TS2 I wish there was a collection folder for the lots' bin. (In Game) like the collections folders for objects. When I build worlds for my game, I may have several styles of houses and businesses in the lot catalog that are so many that I need collection folders to separate them.

A lot of us play themed worlds. We take the lot catalog folder in and out of the files along with taking out some custom content etc. However, that's not what I'm talking about. It would have been super if Maxis had thought of collection folders for styles of homes as we sort through the lots in the bin. I hardly have any Maxis homes in some of my saves so, yeah, some areas are Victorian, some are mansion style, some shacks and on the wrong side of the tracks, some are urban, some ranch style and or modern etc. Districts have different themes in a neighborhood that's why I always wanted collection folders for those so I could move them in and out of my own collection folders (in game) like we do objects making it easier to find what we are looking for.

But if Maxis of today would have done that there would have been certain requirements for a home to be classified as modern or Victorian requiring the player to have particular building materials on the lot. :s

It's too bad a modder never figured this out. I wish someone would, even twenty years later. :(
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.