Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did game bugs/crashes etc, make you eventually reinstall your game and content?

Hello, I'm having a variety of different issues with the Sims 4, and I've tried probably all troubleshooting option's except reinstalling my game and content. But I have second thoughts about doing it. Did you have issues with your game, and did you reinstall it and your content and it helped and or fixed some or most of the issues. I would appreciate as much feedback as possible to help me make a decision about going through with a reinstall. Thank you I'm on Xbox one.

Comments

• Options
    AlienTusksAlienTusks Posts: 194 Member
    edited November 2022
    Hello, I've been having a variety of issues in my sims 4 game that vary from small to bigger. I've tried all troubleshooting methods except the reinstall game and content option and the reasons why I haven't tried it is because I'm a bit reserved about for one having to wait while it all downloads and two, I'm afraid I will somehow lose access to my purchased content. But mainly I'm just wondering if you tried a reinstall and did it help a little or moderately or a whole lot? two things to note is that I'm actually on Xbox one, not PC. I'm posting in this location because the console section has much less activity and I'm trying to get a helpful bit of advice quickly. Oh, and just to be more thorough. Let me mention quickly a few of the issues I'm having.
    =son sim disappears out of bed in the middle of night teleports to just outside gate and waits there till given a new command
    -cats and other pets bugged, my cat never scratches anything, needs help with hunger issue saying hungry but have two bowls already full of food, can't have hamster because they never get hungry never need bowl filled yet its empty if you look at it
    -pathing is blocked or sims have trouble carrying out my commands, I've went into build mode and edited things, so I've helped this issue a bit.
    -game crashes when traveling, about 70 percent of the times as well as longer load times than usual lately.
    -several other small issues
    -also, I don't have access to mods on console, just a reminder
    Post edited by EA_Solaire on
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    edited November 2022
    I assume, when you say you’ve tried all troubleshooting that you’ve checked at Answers HQ. If not, here’s a link:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/Read-First-Sims-4-Console-Troubleshooting-Guide/td-p/10191549.

I’ve had to reinstall my game on PC due to a corrupted game. I didn’t have any difficulty reinstalling dlc content. If your game is glitchy, this will start you fresh without the problems caused by bad files.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Honestly I'm not sure some of those can be fixed by a restart. My sister is on ps4 and has some of those problems. The most annoying is the crashing upon travel. She's pretty much confined to the house and no amount of restarting or reinstalling has fixed it. I hear other console players complain of the same thing and I have come to the conclusion that maybe consoles can't handle ts4. I have never had a crashing problem on PC and the few problems I do have are almost always fixed with an origin repair.

A reinstall could possibly fix a few of the other issues you mentioned but it could also be random glitches. Like my sister has this glitch with mermaids on ps4 where they swim through the floor. It doesn't hurt to try as long as you can save you progress and family. (Not sure how that works on Xbox)
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    @cyncie Yes, I've read that article or section on Xbox troubleshooting and for one thing they don't properly explain how to power cycle your console as Xbox staff explained to me from official Xbox support team members. But anyway, If I reinstall everything, I only regain access to my family and house If I save them to gallery, right? Everything else is reset as far as progress within the characters and relationships with npcs, etc. Another thing is it might be my house itself that is one of the big problems as I placed much furniture and other items in it using the move objects cheat and also the third floor which is the most bugged area, I added myself completely. So, If I save my household to gallery, then reinstall and enter a new save and start with my family from the gallery do they start with all the skills and progress in age etc. or does that reset. And I know I'm asking quite a bit so thank you very much for your time and help!!
  • Options
    @Babykittyjade Thank you for the comment, that's it I'm going out tomorrow and buy a 1200-dollar computer so I can play sims 4...just kidding. Sims 4 is not a very demanding game graphically compared to many other Xbox one games, so I don't see what the issue is besides there being a lot of things going on under the surface of graphics like things stored in inventories and npc data, and expansion pack data adding a lot to the game to be processed but it still doesn't seem like it would push the Xbox one that hard and I mean look at all that takes place in Skyrim omg...., it may be a flaw in game design and lack of proper testing on the developers part. I don't know to be honest. But Sims 4 on Xbox is one of the buggiest experiences in gaming I've had, but I still somehow keep coming back. Good day/night.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    edited November 2022
    I’ve never played console, but my library/gallery saved sims retained current age and skills but not relationships outside of the household. I fixed that by cheating relationships back in after I placed them back in the game. If you think the house is bugged, I’d move the sims out into a game provided house to see if the household plays well in an EA lot. The lots provided in game don’t use cheats or alternate placement, so they should play without glitches. If you find that the game house resolves the problems, you can bulldoze the glitchy house and lot and try a new build. Go easy on MOO and remember that sims have to have at least one square free to route. The placement guide shows how much space is needed for an object. In build it’s only green when enough space is provided. With MOO on, it’s always green, so you have to keep that in mind.
  • Options
    EA_SolaireEA_Solaire Posts: 1,397 EA Community Manager
    edited November 2022
    Hey all,

Please utilize Answers HQ for bugs and technical issues. You can post this issue here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/bd-p/the-sims-4-technical-issues-consoles-en