Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Roof gutters and drinpipes BG update

A new tool for BG, only decorative unless Seasons could add more options like water leaking or drainpipe cleaning.

EA could add this building feature as a BG update, with three different models:
  • Aluminium: the same one from Get Together as the basic one
  • PVC
  • Iron

Comments

• ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    It would be a additional detail.

My actual home has no gutters or drain pipes, and our basement is never wet no matter how hard it rains, so something was right about how this house was built apparently not to need gutters or drain pipes. It was built before the 1900s so I wonder if they engineered things better then because gutters and drain pipes were a common feature in 20th century homes, and a source of endless home maintenance struggles I don't habe to deal with.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    It would be a additional detail.

My actual home has no gutters or drain pipes, and our basement is never wet no matter how hard it rains, so something was right about how this house was built apparently not to need gutters or drain pipes. It was built before the 1900s so I wonder if they engineered things better then because gutters and drain pipes were a common feature in 20th century homes, and a source of endless home maintenance struggles I don't habe to deal with.

Maybe your building has hidden drainpipes that go through the building, instead of outside it? Or you live in the desert with no rain? Anyway, I do agree with you that drainpipes would be an additional detail I don't care much about. I do like the rain chain that came with Snowy escape though. Maybe if they made it so sims could collect the rain from the drainpipes into underground tanks to use for gardening and household needs then it might be interesting.