Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BG updates for 2023 please

Pool tables
Lawn mowers
Water heaters
Water slides
Spiral stairs
Attic rooms

Comments

• Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 858 Member
    Also, if I may add, I really wish there was a way to upload ALL apartments to the gallery. Idk if this is technologically possible or if there is a way for them to update the gallery in a way that we can upload an apartment and auto-place it onto that EXACT lot so that we may reuse them. It is so tiring having to redecorate the apartments that aren't able to be turned into "rooms" to upload to the gallery because it has an unusable balcony attached.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    edited November 2022
    @Mak27, you mention water heaters all the time. Can you explain what you're wanting them for to help me understand (maybe it's something I would want too)?

Do you want them just for decor to make your house seem more realistic?

I mean I'm not sure what exactly the gameplay would be for them.

If they break, you need to call a plumber or fix it or or upgrade it?

I can honestly say I have never paid attention to my water heater in RL, I have never had one break before. Now, I have had issues with my furnace and had to call an HVAC guy to come out (or my dad) to look at/or fix it.

The rest of your list, I would welcome in a heartbeat!
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I would think water heaters would be clutter-type decor, for garage/utility room stuff. Tools hanging on the wall, misc junk, interior air handler, etc. I think I saw a thread the other day talking about things like that.

'Course, it would be fun if it actually broke and spewed water, while all showers immediately turned cold OR (even better) toilets/sinks no longer worked, while showering sims cried because they had soap in their eyes and had no way to rinse till it got fixed or replaced. It should be fairly expensive, too, and maybe the sim can't repair till they are up to handiness level 9 or 10. >:) I do like sometimes making my sims suffer, poor things.
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,111 Member
    @Mak27, you mention water heaters all the time. Can you explain what you're wanting them for to help me understand (maybe it's something I would want too)?

Do you want them just for decor to make your house seem more realistic?

I mean I'm not sure what exactly the gameplay would be for them.

If they break, you need to call a plumber or fix it or or upgrade it?

I can honestly say I have never paid attention to my water heater in RL, I have never had one break before. Now, I have had issues with my furnace and had to call an HVAC guy to come out (or my dad) to look at/or fix it.

The rest of your list, I would welcome in a heartbeat!

Well yes, because I want either more real life and mundane things without mods and, if it's possible, with enhanced gameplay like water pressure, new baths and showers and plumbing items conflict with temperature or pressure. For example, if a Sim is taking a shower and other Sim flush the toilet or use a sink at the same time, there will be issues with low temperature, bad moodlets and conflicts between the Sims that used the plumbing items (and some appliances like washing machine).

Water heaters could break and Sims could fix and enhance those with better thermostat, better pressure or valves, to avoid leaks or problems.

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I really wish they would add gameplay to some of the items we already have in game. Like the radiator that came with vampires, they should make it so it gives off heat, and maybe make it breakable and leak water and sims would need to fix it. Or make the wood burning stove so that it needs to add some wood logs on it every once in awhile like with the firepit. And also give off heat. And with the little stack of wine bottles and wine barrel, they could add an interaction to have a glass of nectar. And the option to get a bowl of olives from the big olives jar and fruit from the fruit bowl.
  • kaitlynkateduffkaitlynkateduff Posts: 5 New Member
    I think the Sims will have a major update about babies in 2023. Now babies can crawl out of their cribs and whatnot. For sure, it's going to be a lot more difficult to take care of them.