Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas to improve gameplay for Children

LucaslovesgamesLucaslovesgames Posts: 58 Member
edited November 2022 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I feel like it’s time we had more stuff for Children to do in the Sims 4, they have given us the gameplay we need for Teens, now it’s time Children had the gameplay they deserve, personally I would love Sleepovers to be added as a event, more playground stuff such as a slide, roundabout and seesaw, maybe a primary school expansion pack, jumping on beds.

Comments

• ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Yes, if they just did everything kids could do in sims2 and sims3, that would be excellent.

Just a few things off the top of my head I remember were being able to play tag and hopscotch, play clap games together, ask to be swung around, go trick or treating. There were also slides and merry go rounds in addition to swings, and spring rides, tree houses, and a lot of afterscool club options.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Dark_BokenshaDark_Bokensha Posts: 38 Member
    I would definitely love to have more gameplay with kids, sorry but in my eyes the children feel like smaller but limited teens (minus the imagination). Although they do have their own special aspirations and skills, it's just kind of an meh for me (also I can never get an adult to read to the child for that one aspiration). It would be also nice if kids could care for the toddlers, since no one really uses those high chairs and anything else that I can think of about them shouldn't require carrying.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
    edited November 2022
    An expansion pack won't do the job (HSY did nothing for teens) maybe a game pack would be better (Parenthood was very good).

And TS2 also had
    • Noogie (Teen to child)
    • Playing Cops and Robbers (Child to child)
    • Playing Red Hands
    • Playing Mary Mack (Child to child)
    • Playing Tag (Child to child)
    • Playing Rock, Paper, Scissors (Even Sean and Daniel played that game in Life in Strange 2)

Red Light, Green Light game could be added.
  • MarkooshMarkoosh Posts: 108 Member
    To be honest, I haven't ever been a fan of playing any age but adults and sometimes teens.
    But I have very fond memories of TS3 children gameplay because of the imaginary friends... it took me by surprise at first (well it scared me lmao) but then I absolutely loved it, made it more fun. So yeah... maybe add that back again? That's all I got.
  • HyawehHyaweh Posts: 36 Member
    I do miss so much having fun kids in the Sims 4. It's for me a BIG lack for a life simulation. I want to see kids running after each other, playing together, laughing outloud, jumping on beds...

I'm so sad that kids aren't playing together in our game actually. It's really not realistic. I loved imaginary friends and seeing kids playing Cops and Robbers. That would be so fun if we could see the kids running in the house and be noisy. Parents could ask them to be calm, to play in their room or to stop screaming.

Kids could fall and cry after playing too much, they could ask more attention to their parents, etc.
    Sorry for my English, I'm French.
  • Jupiter_Craze98Jupiter_Craze98 Posts: 4 New Member
    I think a voidcritter aspiration would be a nice addition to have.
    Maybe there could be an event for a voidcritter battle championship.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I have added a few mods that made kids feel better to me at least. The don't do homework or take away laundry unless you tell them to. They feel less like mini-adults when they don't do all the cleaning without parental input.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    We could definitely use more stuff for kids to do, and more aspirations as well.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 323 Member
    New animations are the key - real life kids move, so if whatever gets added for kids has tight or reused animations, it won't add to them feeling alive. Kids should be able to play with each other.
  • LIL_LillyLIL_Lilly Posts: 93 Member
    I agree, but I do think there should be some kind of decider, maybe it would be chosen like a trait or aspiration, but not in the same group. it would only be in tots, kids, and teens like maturity scale or something, maybe it would depend on the trait they have or players could just pick the level.
    Yes, I play big families in the sims. please add crawling babies and pre-teens, My mom played sims 1 and 2 now I play 4, its just family tradition at this point
  • EleriEleri Posts: 547 Member
    @LIL_Lilly your idea sounds kind of like one of the personality dimensions we had in Sims 1 and Sims 2. It reminds me of Serious/Playful the most. Is that what you had in mind?
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
    Sadly @Eleri, I never played Sims 1 2, or 3, It would work as a scale with 3 levels (maybe more) of maturity, I saw a lot of players saying "Kids need to be like kids, break rules" which is true but not all kids are like that, so this could be a way to have the best of both worlds. :smiley:
    Yes, I play big families in the sims. please add crawling babies and pre-teens, My mom played sims 1 and 2 now I play 4, its just family tradition at this point
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Yes! Kids desperately need more to do--even some functions in game already could be updated to have kids use them. They're one of my favorite life stages!
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • MeigMeig Posts: 27 Member
    It would be cool if we could go to school with the kids like we can now for teens! I also think it would be nice if we could really sign up for multiple extracurriculars since IRL kids usually do multiple
  • MeigMeig Posts: 27 Member
    Another idea would be to add a "tween" / "middle school" age given the big differences between older teens and younger teens/tweens. It would bring back some nuance to the ages rather than going straight from "generic kid" to "practically an adult" as we have now.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I would a void critters competition like a battle competition. Also have like a tree house and play hand clap games like ms mary mack, play tag, play make believe or dress up, play jump rope, have sleep overs, do more after school activities like ballet, soccer, basketball, flag football, gymnastics.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited December 2022
    I don't even need more exclusive stuff for kids, they've got their fair share of that. I would be happier if they just weren't always left out of everything not designed specifically for them. It frustrates me when a pack introduces new activities that kids can't do even though they should realistically be able to, or only with pointless limitations. Some examples:

* Realm of Magic - Magic. Some say animations were the problem, but a spell-casting animation for kids does exist in CAS. Why not use that in Live Mode, too? And the chemistry table could double as a cauldron for potions, no new animations required.
    * Other occult packs - Same problem. I can understand that the idea of vampire or werewolf children may be off-putting, but not even cute little mermaids? Really?
    * Discover University - Bikes and ping-pong tables. Two things I used to love as a kid, but sim kids can't use them. Bikes have actually been introduced two more times since, yet there still isn't a single kid-sized version.
    * Eco Lifestyle - Candle-making. Dipped candles work, but not rectangular or cylindrical ones, even though it's literally just pouring wax into a jar and waiting for it to dry. I realise the other candles unlock at higher levels of the fabrication skill that kids can't build, but the activity could have been incorporated into one of their own skills, like creativity.

That being said, it should also be acknowledged that the treatment of kids has gotten better lately, with them being able to assist in cooking and do basic gardening and wellness activities as of last year. But there's still room for improvement, and if I got to choose one thing I want for kids right now, I think it would be faster ways of transportation. With how slowly they walk, and being unable to ride bikes, fly on brooms or teleport, they take forever to get from A to B. One of my child sims lives fairly close to a playground that she never uses properly because it's the middle of the night by the time she gets there.
  • MsMayMsMay Posts: 440 Member
    edited December 2022
    It would be cool if child sims had their own pack (maybe in the Sims 5) to be able to begun an Voidcritter Trainers (like Pokémon trainers) to catch their own supernatural Voidcritter companions, train critters to battle other sims with their critters, & grow stronger together with their supernatural power. To go to “Voidcritter Realm”, find an secret mirror (or magic mirror) to go into the portal (only child sims can use secret mirror to go to the voidcritter realm). After child sims enter the realm, find an NPCs (an Voidcritter teachers) sims will help the child sims how to catch critters & give them the “Magic Critter Cards” to help tame the critters. To find critters companion, keep an eyes on an Floating Critter Orbs sometime appear & disappear any area in the realm, there are different color critters orbs (Red is Fire, Blue is Water, Brown is Earth, Green is Wind, and Purple is Void). There are two ways to get the Critter Orbs:

1) Catch them using an “Magic Critter Cards” that can suck the critters orbs in the cards & tame it (there are 50 chances critters orbs will be tame in the card & 50 chances they will escape out of the magic critter cards & disappear).

2) Talk & build relationship with the critters orbs (if the child sims continues to being mean to it, the relationship with the critter orbs will decline & they will not be your friends with the child sims, it will leave, & disappear) & after being friends with it, ask the critter orbs go in the the magic critter card & it will go in the card to be your new companion.

You can choose to summon true form critter (only summon one critter) from the magic critter card anytime if you want to. Dual battle with sims with their critters, summon their critter to hang out with their owner, talk to their critter, pet their critter, & feed their critter, & maybe have your critters pull a prank on sims. After your child sims catch a critter, the child sims started to glow element colors (depends on what critter orbs you got) let you know they begun an Voidcritter Trainers because they’re one with their critters & have their own “Element Skill Trees“ to be able to evolve their element skills power. After child sims begun an Voidcritter Trainers, like the NPC Sages in “realm of magic”, ask the NPC teacher to help teach & train critter trainers with their critters. NPC teachers will summon their critters to help teaching, train, & dual critter trainers & their critters to be stronger. Like spellcaster, Critter Trainers with their critters can dual (similar like the spellcaster dual) or battle their NPC teachers & other critter trainers with their critters (critter vs. critter) to get stronger from slowly building up their Exp bars to unlock new stronger element skills in their “Element Skill Trees” (like vampires, spellcaster, & werewolves skills trees). Voidcritter Trainer can challenging & battle other trainers with their critters for battle competition or an dual, & do events to be the best of the best to win Voidcritter Trophy (gold, silver, bronze).

Critter vs. Critter Dual Battle Elements :

All Voidcritters come in elements of: Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, and Void.

The elements each have their strength against other elements:

Fire elements are strong against Earth
    Earth elements are strong against Wind
    Wind elements are strong against Void
    Void elements are strong against Water
    Water elements are strong against Fire

When child sim trainers grow up to be teen, young adults, adults, & elders, their critters will stay with them forever until your sims pass away. Your critter trainers can still training their critters, evolve their element skills, dual battle challenges other sims with critters, battle competition, events, & etc. when they were kids. Critter trainers grow up have their own babies, their babies will inherited their critter element power gene. When their toddler grow up to be a child, the child will carry the magic critter card appears in their inventory to be able to summon the same critters like their parent critters depends if their parents complete the skill elements. If you want your child sims retire from being critter trainers, summon their critters to tell them “to be free” without their trainers, the critters will leave the card, move on & never come back, & your sims are back to normal self.
    @MsMay, That sounds Amazing, like honestly awesome, wow