Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim keeps Catching her stove on fire (Xbox one)

Hello fellow simmers, currently I've been having troubles with my sim constantly catching her stove on fire constantly at level 10 cooking skill. there are no mods or cc since this is console, her traits are Geek, socially awkward and Foodie. I've tried shutting down my xbox all the way, replacing wood with tiles and making sure the stove doesn't have any rugs or tables near it. however, this JUST started happening and it was working with the wood just fine until last night. she as a good stove, not a cheap one and she is almost never tense when she goes to cook. she does have the health nut lifestyle BUT it also catches fire when making healthy food. (also, she doesn't have any lot traits that would cause this)

Comments

• JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    Hmm that’s really odd. Not sure it’s a console issue, never had a fire on PS5 with worse chefs and wooden floors. Might be a bug if it happens a lot? Is it happening everytime?

Did it happen and you saved it and then reloaded the save and tried to make changes? Maybe she needs to set the house on fire one time if that makes sense?
  • marinka_kammingamarinka_kamminga Posts: 2 New Member
    I have exactly the same problem with the pc-version of the game. No matter who in my household is cooking, the stove or barbecue catches on fire 3 out of 4 times. No mods, no special traits. Just those stupid anxienties. All of them are afrraid of fire now.
  • littlehelplittlehelp Posts: 29 Member

JustinB113 wrote: »
    Hmm that’s really odd. Not sure it’s a console issue, never had a fire on PS5 with worse chefs and wooden floors. Might be a bug if it happens a lot? Is it happening everytime?

Did it happen and you saved it and then reloaded the save and tried to make changes? Maybe she needs to set the house on fire one time if that makes sense?

It is a console issue, I was having this issue on my console. And I’m not understanding the other part. When it would happen if just have my sim shower and then it would just keep happening. I’ve learned many players are having this problem. My sim doesn’t even have fear of fire which would normally cause this.
  • littlehelplittlehelp Posts: 29 Member
    I have exactly the same problem with the pc-version of the game. No matter who in my household is cooking, the stove or barbecue catches on fire 3 out of 4 times. No mods, no special traits. Just those stupid anxienties. All of them are afrraid of fire now.

Mine didn’t even have that trait, and she still caught on fire so much. I figured out that it was the lot for some reason. Once I moved a sim out it had stopped. I didn’t have any lot traits that would cause it either.
  • AlienTusksAlienTusks Posts: 194 Member
    @littlehelp Hmmm...never heard of that one, I've had a few bugs that no one else seemed to have; like not being able to do a super sell, or harvest on my garden which was inside a greenhouse, which was on the third floor (many bugs up there) I moved it off the top floor and onto the ground and it fixed the issue. Maybe you could try completely remodeling your kitchen, like remove the walls, counters everything and build it back...possibly even move the room to a different location. This is why I suggest that; one time in the vet clinic I owned and built. Sims (my employees too) gathered with a pet or two in a small bathroom and didn't leave for a long time, well after a while I decided to go into build mode and remove some of the walls around the door and the door itself, I then went into live mode and the sims finally left the bathroom and continued as normal...then later I rebuilt the walls and door, issue never occurred again so messing with build mode could possibly help. Sometimes traveling to a different lot fixes certain things but I feel like that will not with your issue. Xbox support staff, told me a way to power cycle your console(Xbox one) that goes a step further than the typical power cycle, you might could try that...heres how you do it: first while your console is on, press and hold power button on console till it turns off....completely, next remove the power cable, HDMI cable and ethernet cable and leave them unplugged for 2 minutes.....now plug them back in and wait one minute. Now turn on your console. This is the official way to power cycle I would say as it came from Xbox staff themselves, it may or may not help. If it's not too big an issue you could move to a different house. Thats about all ideas I got, besides a reinstall but you wouldn't do that over just one issue.